Ragnarok Unofficial Servers!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey, guys!

Now that you've all heard the big news about Ragnarok becoming part of the Official Mods program, there will be some changes made to the way it's hosted.

- Ragnarok is included directly with the latest server update. No need to download "DLC" for the server. You will, however, need to remove the ModID from your commandline and just host the map name ?Ragnarok

- You shouldn't have to do anything to get your old save data to work on the new official map, should you have old save data from a Ragnarok mod server. However, given that foliage has changed and some geometry has changed, all foliage will likely reset and your bases may get overlapped by some geometry in certain places (though geometric changes were minimal).

- If they don't already have the DLC installed, when players attempt to join your server, they will be automatically prompted to install the free Ragnarok DLC via the Steam Overlay.

That's pretty much it. The Anonymous ARK Dedi Server App and Ragnarok DLC will be updated in tandem going forward, typically along Major version releases of ARK, so it will be much easier to keep the map in-sync if you host long-running servers. If anyone has any issues with this once please post here and we'll see if we can get some help your way.

Here's looking forward to experiencing some fun adventures with y'all on this wonderfully complex new ARK :)

2 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey, guys!

Now that you've all heard the big news about Ragnarok becoming part of the Official Mods program, there will be some changes made to the way it's hosted.

- Ragnarok is included directly with the latest server update. No need to download "DLC" for the server. You will, however, need to remove the ModID from your commandline and just host the map name ?Ragnarok

- You shouldn't have to do anything to get your old save data to work on the new official map, should you have old save data from a Ragnarok mod server. However, given that foliage has changed and some geometry has changed, all foliage will likely reset and your bases may get overlapped by some geometry in certain places (though geometric changes were minimal).

- If they don't already have the DLC installed, when players attempt to join your server, they will be automatically prompted to install the free Ragnarok DLC via the Steam Overlay.

That's pretty much it. The Anonymous ARK Dedi Server App and Ragnarok DLC will be updated in tandem going forward, typically along Major version releases of ARK, so it will be much easier to keep the map in-sync if you host long-running servers. If anyone has any issues with this once please post here and we'll see if we can get some help your way.

Here's looking forward to experiencing some fun adventures with y'all on this wonderfully complex new ARK :)

Is this coming to xbox one as well?  

I am thinking of starting a server back up with this map but want to know if it will be fully supported in the future for events and addons. 

In the past I ran a Center map with it being DLC but stopped playing when it didn't get the Halloween  event I had been looking forward to all year while the Island got the map, most people had been under the impression that official DLC meant it would get everything the island got, Bosses for Tek gear with element zero, explorer notes, tek cave etc, all the official events etc.   I want to know ahead of time if I can expect these things on Ragnarok, or if I should just load the island on my server so I don't have to worry.

Guest Snowcherub
3 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey, guys!

You will, however, need to remove the ModID from your commandline and just host the map name ?Ragnarok

How do I do this? Brand new to ark on pc so I haven't worked this part out yet.

6 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey, guys!

Here's looking forward to experiencing some fun adventures with y'all on this wonderfully complex new ARK

I think you guys made a good choice in only making a few servers to start off. It is not only good because it keeps the hype strong but it also makes people waste time pillaring because you will just turn around and make more servers. 

I actually see what you guys are doing and I like it. I fully understand. Keep up the good work guys.

still can't wait for the optimizations though

EDIT: sorry guys, I am always on your side but allowing transfers was a bad idea. Nobody will recognize or are about the work that was put in to the map. It should be a closed server, not even a cluster and people should start off at lvl 1 @Jat

unless of course you are doing what I think you are doing

13 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

I think you guys made a good choice in only making a few servers to start off. It is not only good because it keeps the hype strong but it also makes people waste time pillaring because you will just turn around and make more servers. 

I actually see what you guys are doing and I like it. I fully understand. Keep up the good work guys.

still can't wait for the optimizations though

EDIT: sorry guys, I am always on your side but allowing transfers was a bad idea. Nobody will recognize or are about the work that was put in to the map. It should be a closed server, not even a cluster and people should start off at lvl 1 @Jat

I cant wait for the Wipe in august upon full release :P 

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

We have isolated servers, as well as servers attached to the main clusters. We tried to provide an option for both sets of players :)

@Jat So from an X-Box players stand point from other forum posts I saw that Ragnarok was Cross Transfer and Isolated so meaning you can transfer Island->Center->Scorched-> Ragnarok and then you can start over from lvl 1 on an official server that you can't cross transfer from (which I'd :Jerblove: so me and my tribe wouldn't have to worry about transfer trolls)

Archived