ARK at E3: Release Date, Pre-Order, Ragnarok, Griffin, & Xbox One X!

Jatheish

2 hours ago, GP said:

If you have the Early Access game then you don't have to re-buy it at release. Official wipe is unknown at this stage.

Hmm how about.... It's just an idea, before wiping if it does happen, just letting us know when is happening, and letting us upload lets say... 10 Dinos, 10 slots of items, and our characters to the "Ob Official clouds" and not wiping that? You can set the limit per person, is that something possible? You can DESTROY/WIPE CLEAN the worlds which are the problems, duplicating, and all the other problems but allowing us to be a bit further and not take away absolutely everything!

I'v had this game for so long and it would be a slap to the face to loose everything, specially since WE - preview owners supported the game for so long until now.  PLEASE DO THIS.

I believe that a full wipe is good. If you have been playing the game as long as I have starting from  scratch is a snap. I believe giving all the new players that will come at release a fair start and a chance to build in good spot is the right thing to do.  So I know I might get blasted for my beliefs here but just know I not blasting and of you for what you believe in. 

20 hours ago, GP said:

If you have the Early Access game then you don't have to re-buy it at release. Official wipe is unknown at this stage.

There's no point wiping the servers, until you have sorted out the Duping/DDos roll backs!! I really enjoy this game (and have done for 2 years now, and also knowing its pre-access so can accept the issues) but unless this is sorted then the full release game need's to come with a consumer warning, that warns gamer's that maybe interested in playing on official/community servers will not be an even playing field!! The excitement of PVP/tribal wars through the fair means of big tribes and hard work is not how these servers work. Instead the ability to be able to force a rollback and Dupe your attacking Dinosaurs just because a tribe successfully defended themselves, and thus playing by dishonest means. 

As I said, I accept its pre-release, and that this issues do exist and are part and parcel of the game as is... But by not warning a potential buyer that will pay is excess of £45/$60 for a full release version that this is inherent in the game you really are going from Decent game making Devs to money grabbing moguls!!

Edited by mphelan49

2 hours ago, Ravensigh said:

I believe that a full wipe is good. If you have been playing the game as long as I have starting from  scratch is a snap. I believe giving all the new players that will come at release a fair start and a chance to build in good spot is the right thing to do.  So I know I might get blasted for my beliefs here but just know I not blasting and of you for what you believe in. 

I see your point and I'm not going to blast you, but do you think "new players" will know that they have to find a server a.s.a.p. and put down pillars and claim territory to build? I dont think so, and if they do, they won't be as fast at it than alpha tribes or experience Ark players, all good spots will be gone anyways.  The bigger players will always be bigger, because they put the time and know the game.    I'v met players that don't even know these forums even exist lol.

I think the bigger problems are the "DDOS" which dont seem to have a cure, duplicating, hopefully they find a fix, a wipe would take care of almost all of the dup. items, dinos and all, but all I ask is meet us, honest players, half-way, and let us save something from a complete wipe.

Lag and disconnects are other problems but I think these could be improved with time? Idk... maybe lower tribe dino cap and building cap? Maybe this way the game wont crash when you fly over 3 alpha bases built in the swamp with over 60 rexes outside waving their tails around?...

On 13.7.2017 at 1:56 PM, TurboMonck said:

its still cheaper than some of the collectors editions of call of duty and all you get is skins for your armour and guns what a waste

No, it's not actually.

The COD Collectors editions have never been that expensive. Not the digital ones.

The physical CE for the COD titles have never been this insane.

For buying the Conan Exiles Barbarian edition i received twice as much swag, both physical and digital and the price tag was only $59.99

On 7/13/2017 at 2:24 PM, Rios9 said:

Hmm how about.... It's just an idea, before wiping if it does happen, just letting us know when is happening, and letting us upload lets say... 10 Dinos, 10 slots of items, and our characters to the "Ob Official clouds" and not wiping that? You can set the limit per person, is that something possible? You can DESTROY/WIPE CLEAN the worlds which are the problems, duplicating, and all the other problems but allowing us to be a bit further and not take away absolutely everything!

I'v had this game for so long and it would be a slap to the face to loose everything, specially since WE - preview owners supported the game for so long until now.  PLEASE DO THIS.

No. Wipe it all. Every single PvP/PvE official server. No dino uploads, no item uploads, not even sparing your own person. Dedicated/private servers should be fine where they're at; the poison needs to be washed away from this game before it remains one toxic cesspool for generations to come.

Of course, I could already be late to that punch...But at least certain problems will be fixed with an official wipe.

i have Ark on Steam and I am about to instal 1080 TI in my aging pc, and also PlayAnywhere Win10/Xbox version. 2 Xbox one S so i can have a ded server on xbox. 

I would LOVE to order a stand alone season pass and all the collectable goodies but after reading for hours can not find out what my options will be.

i may have passed over the info so if anyone knows please reply. ty

39 minutes ago, Donkeywong said:

I read that on august 8th we will get PC powered dedicated server options as a console gamer. is that true? and how will that work? i planned on setting up my xbox one as a dedicated server and then play on win 10 on this server.

any official news that i missed?

It's not pc powered servers. Well not your pc anyways. You rent a server from nitrado. Prices start in the 13-20 dollar range a month and go up from there depending on how many players you want allowed on at one time. 

1 hour ago, Rickyh24 said:

It's not pc powered servers. Well not your pc anyways. You rent a server from nitrado. Prices start in the 13-20 dollar range a month and go up from there depending on how many players you want allowed on at one time. 

so you can´t host on your own pc? this german site was very vague when they wrote about an official statement from wildcard, which i am unable to find :/

Edited by Donkeywong

10 minutes ago, Donkeywong said:

so you can´t host on your own pc? this german site was very vague when they wrote about an official statement from wildcard, which i am unable to find

You will be able to control the server from your pc. It will be hosted by a company on their rigs and you will need to pay them monthly or yearly though.  

6 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

You will be able to control the server from your pc. It will be hosted by a company on their rigs and you will need to pay them monthly or yearly though.  

ah crap, i hoped, that you could use the same method on your pc as on your xbox to make them a dedicated server :( as we aren´t many, i don´t think it is necessary to rent a server, my second xbox never let me down ;) but thx 4 replying!

Edited by Donkeywong
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2017 at 2:16 AM, AlexRuiz said:

So I'm planning on getting an Xbox One X and I was wondering if I'll be able to host and play a dedicated server on the same console, considering the power that this console will offer.

The answer is no. You will need a second xbox 

• 3 weeks later...