ARK at E3: Release Date, Pre-Order, Ragnarok, Griffin, & Xbox One X!

Jatheish

Even playing field mmmm not the point.  It's the 100 - 1000 hrs wasted establishing if they wipe.

In the mist of every glitch and crash these individuals have built themselves up.  

To have everything wiped "which is a question the developers are refusing to respond to" I would and and will be naturally aggrieved if it occurs.

Small tribes and individuals come and go as do the large ones there is a natural transition which doesn't need the aid of a wipe.

It serves no purpose within weeks it will be the same anyway.  Large tribes will reistablish quickly and consolidate.

The small tribes and individuals will come and go as well as the people who aren't prepared to rebuild in a frustratingly glitch stricken game.

When I came into the game I learnt a lot from the larger tribes and what they achieved was an incentive to keep struggling.

Could I reastablish easily yep. But could I really be bothered probably not.  Very fond of my dino's took a lot of effort to get them and look after them.  

Will kiss this addictive game goodbye if a whip occurs and my dino's are gone.

On 7/2/2017 at 10:03 PM, RonaldxRagin said:

But yet they are talking about wiping Official servers that people have been working 2 years on so the cucks that just buy the game at release can have a better chance?

In the acceptance permission thing you are "supposed" to read before you purchase a game, for the past two years, it says, the game may change. Welcome to being an Alpha tester ;)

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, GuardVarg said:

Yes, they always are with any beta/alpha on release day. However normally testers will receive something special for their character, not sure if wildcard will do that, but I'm pretty positive the servers will be wiped.

@DeTrix Nothing has been confirmed yet regarding wipes. If anyone tells you there WILL or WON'T be a wipe and they are not a Wildcard Staff then accept it as speculation only, because the above quote is how rumours start.

Dunno why they're calling it cross platform for the Windows 10(non steam version from Microsoft)/Xbox1, because both are literally windows 10 platforms at base.  These major platform/console companies need to get off their high horses and allow for TRUE cross platform compatibility, they'll get A LOT more money out of it in the end, and much happier players(allow for steam/PlayStation/Xbox compatibility) but we all know this will either A) never happen, or B) will take another 3-5 years.  By then, the game will be probably dead, or so cluttered and un-optimized that ppl will leave :/

For 60 US dollars in a month? You want the game as it is selling at full price, as if it were a real PC game? Like an AAA title? The game is still in absolute early access status. The performance is horrible, at the animations and the graphics one still had to work and the game still has enough bugs. I do not want to talk badly. But no reasonable person will buy this game for $ 60 in the actual quality condition. Sorry !!!

I've defended the DLC as it was released since I had a lot of fun with the main game and got the main game cheap. But this, this decision is a quick shot, one of the bad can follow. I really can not take Wildcard seriously. Someone who knows the game and its quality standard at the moment will not take you seriously.

On 7/3/2017 at 2:57 PM, UDGxKnight said:

Cuz this thread is still relevant.... I am not "high" there are literally very few GAME BREAKING bugs i.e. bugs that crash the game and keep you from playing it at all. Dino's disappearing, babies dying, lost characters, etc etc are not inherently game breaking seeing as how you can continue to play wether or not those things happen. However, those bugs are annoying and they are being fixed in the massive amount of optimizations going on currently, or did you ignore the past few patch notes. Anyways, don't quote from something almost a month old its just kind of annoying as I have already defended my opinion and don't feel like doing it again. Especially with underhanded insults, not direct insults cause I don't care but still slight ones.

So the fact that there are duping bugs and easy ways to ddos the server isn't game breaking. Official server are being attacked by ddos daily. The ragnarok map didn't even come out on Xbox yet and all the animals looks like polygons after the last "optimization". The full game is delayed as well so yeah they're really on track.....

The game is a mess right now. not sure about other platforms, but ARK on xb1 looks like absolute trash right now and runs like it too. But worse than that the deliberate roll backs created by players duping (cheating) is absolutely absurd and needs immediate attention. A lot of official servers have become unplayable, the server I play on personally rolls back every 10-20 mins, DAILY ALL DAY. Then top it off with bug filled performance and game mechanics that are totally unbalanced.... Oh yeah this really sounds like full release quality LMAO..... YOUR MOVE WC.

On 3.7.2017 at 6:03 AM, RonaldxRagin said:

But yet they are talking about wiping Official servers that people have been working 2 years on so the cucks that just buy the game at release can have a better chance?

ALL developers who make  buy to play games, wipes their servers before release, to ensure that everyone starts on an even battlefield on release.

It is common practice in the industry to do so.

Though, i do believe that Studio Wildcard should've taken a firmer stand on it and be more decisive about it much earlier on, like most developers do.

As it stands right now, on official servers, it's impossible for ANY new player to join. You either spawn and get insta killed by wildlife, or you get turned into a blood bank. If you get lucky and manage to run away from the spawn zone, you can't find any decent locations to build on, as most of them are being monitored and pillared by the alpha tribes or other less intelligent beings who're out to make our lives a living nightmare on these official servers.

I hope that makes you a bit more enlightened.