ARK at E3: Release Date, Pre-Order, Ragnarok, Griffin, & Xbox One X!

Jatheish

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, thegreatbigdawg said:

ok thats sad to hear now i see no end to my pain my kids are always yelling at each other to wait for each other one is trying to find dinos others trying to build ill have to purchase 2 more xboxes lol at least yall help Microsoft make money

Try getting the kids to work together more maybe, that's if they are in a tribe together. But yeah sorry for your pain in that regard. :(

Edited by GP

37 minutes ago, GP said:

Host barrier is unlikely to be removed due to performance issues. It may however be expanded in the future.

Just now, thegreatbigdawg said:

ok thats sad to hear now i see no end to my pain my kids are always yelling at each other to wait for each other one is trying to find dinos others trying to build ill have to purchase 2 more xboxes lol at least yall help Microsoft make money

In the options there is a host tether distance slider. We have it set on our split-screen world to 3 and we can get to over 800m away with no performance issues.

16 minutes ago, F1nchyStryd3r said:

In theoptions there is a host tether distance slider. We have it set on our split-screen world to 3 and we can get to over 800m away with no performance issues.

that is in the game now

does it work for when people join

Edited by thegreatbigdawg

1 minute ago, thegreatbigdawg said:

that is in the game now

Yup, it's in the options before you load your world. On the left, scroll down, it should be set to 1 but we changed it to 3 and we'll be experimenting to further distances. It is however non-dedicated.

Edited by F1nchyStryd3r

Can you get the collectors edition in England? As there still has been no word apart from jat saying he will look in to it as Argos and game in England have no idea about it. I suppose we people in the uk will be told the day it comes out that its not possible to get , If anyone has any NEW information that would be most appreciated thanks.

I bought the 

54 minutes ago, Manding0 said:

I hope they announce what there final plans are for the servers soon. Are they all getting wiped? Are new servers opening up for new players with no transfers? I feel like the longer WC prolongs the announcement, the harder people will take it if they announce a server wipe. SPILL THE BEANS ALREADY 

I second this. Starting to wonder if I should stop playing now until I hear something, dont want to waste my time building for nothing! 

Would be great to hear about server stability too. The current official servers are laggy enough on PS4 when only half full. Cant see that going down well after a proper release!

I've been skimming through this thread looking at CM responses. Plenty of helpful responses but I still haven't seen very big question answered. Will servers be reset at launch or do we get to keep our bases/dinos?

Been at it for over a year and it would suck to see it all for naught. If we keep them then it's full steam ahead but if you're just going to wipe everything in August it'll be hard to justify playing until then.

On 6/20/2017 at 8:38 AM, SirLohengrin said:

I've been skimming through this thread looking at CM responses. Plenty of helpful responses but I still haven't seen very big question answered. Will servers be reset at launch or do we get to keep our bases/dinos?

Been at it for over a year and it would suck to see it all for naught. If we keep them then it's full steam ahead but if you're just going to wipe everything in August it'll be hard to justify playing until then.

they said in 2016 no wipes....lifeless low player count servers may get the boot......their words, not mine.

On 6/21/2017 at 4:28 PM, Turbo614 said:

did you actually read the article?

Did you actually keep reading through the post the thread? I found out the info from E3 itself with the Ragnarok trailer, and info on whether the Ragnarok map would be free on console was not mentioned there. I already got my question answered, so there is no reason to be an arse with your comment.