ARK at E3: Release Date, Pre-Order, Ragnarok, Griffin, & Xbox One X!

Jatheish

On 6/12/2017 at 0:33 PM, UDGxKnight said:

You think that can't fix the actual few major bugs there are in 2 months? Really? In reality in the scope of the game there are few if not barely any game breaking bugs, its just little things that I'm sure they will easily fix now that basically all the pre-release content is in

You're so confident about that huh!? It's been a months and the Xbox version is still incredibly buggy. So yeah they will probably release a buggy unfinished product and get suckers like you to buy a season pass.

Just now, Rhyme2hot said:

You're so confident about that huh!? It's been a months and the Xbox version is still incredibly buggy. So yeah they will probably release a buggy finished product and get suckers like you to buy a season pass. 

I don't buy season passes, waste of time if you start playing the game and realize you don't like it so spending that extra $ was pointless. I am confident in the devs of this game just like YOU should be because if it wasn't for them the game wouldnt exist. Oh no the game that I was completely and 100% warned about being buggy before I bought it for half price is actually buggy :o who would have possibly guessed that would be the case. Take your unhappy attitude to a different game if you want to be a pessimist >.> game will be better off without sourpusses 

2 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

I don't buy season passes, waste of time if you start playing the game and realize you don't like it so spending that extra $ was pointless. I am confident in the devs of this game just like YOU should be because if it wasn't for them the game wouldnt exist. Oh no the game that I was completely and 100% warned about being buggy before I bought it for half price is actually buggy :o who would have possibly guessed that would be the case. Take your unhappy attitude to a different game if you want to be a pessimist >.> game will be better off without sourpusses 

Well I see where you're coming from. Although I don't see it as a negative or pessimistic view. And you can see from all the other people here commenting on your posts. Two DLCs (scorched earth and now ragnarok) before the game is fully out is just not promising. They're spending all this time in this ragnarok map when my Dinos keep going through the map. And I'm glad you don't subscribe to season passes. Horrible industry practice. Hope it gets fixed but my doubts are strong. 

8 minutes ago, Rhyme2hot said:

Well I see where you're coming from. Although I don't see it as a negative or pessimistic view. And you can see from all the other people here commenting on your posts. Two DLCs (scorched earth and now ragnarok) before the game is fully out is just not promising. They're spending all this time in this ragnarok map when my Dinos keep going through the map. And I'm glad you don't subscribe to season passes. Horrible industry practice. Hope it gets fixed but my doubts are strong. 

Ragnarok is a community created modded map, not WC's content and its free the exact same as the Center so those aren't even fuel for a debate. Scorched Earth was planned to come out after release but thanks to the company that made Dungeon Defenders that Jeremy used to work for decided to sue him and Ark they needed some financial assistance for the game without directly admitting it, so SE came out early and it was perfectly fine. I don't understand the hatred about a DLC pre-release if it provides exactly what it promises 

18 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Ragnarok is a community created modded map, not WC's content and its free the exact same as the Center so those aren't even fuel for a debate. Scorched Earth was planned to come out after release but thanks to the company that made Dungeon Defenders that Jeremy used to work for decided to sue him and Ark they needed some financial assistance for the game without directly admitting it, so SE came out early and it was perfectly fine. I don't understand the hatred about a DLC pre-release if it provides exactly what it promises 

So you think wildcard isn't working on ragnarok right now!?. Which by the way isn't even a finished map 

"Note that Ragnarok is still in primary development, and so it will continue to expand with updates over time."

Be realistic., their releasing all this content while the game that We purchased during early acces remains super glitchy and seems like it still will be after it's out officially.  

I got it dude, you love the developing team for some reason and have faith in them. That's fine, but the last year seems to point to the fact that their more interested in releasing a physical copy and coming out of early acces than actually fixing the multitude of problems with the performance. 

I don't see what point your trying to make. You believe they will have a finished game without bugs (major bugs at least) and I don't believe that's true. You seem to be 100%sure of that yet it's been a year and still takes ages to join a server in consoles because you must wait for it to crash first, then try and join again....but hey! You got a griphon and a season pass coming soon! 

2 minutes ago, Rhyme2hot said:

So you think wildcard isn't working on ragnarok right now!?. Which by the way isn't even a finished map 

"Note that Ragnarok is still in primary development, and so it will continue to expand with updates over time."

Be realistic., their releasing all this content while the game that We purchased during early acces remains super glitchy and seems like it still will be after it's out officially.  

I got it dude, you love the developing team for some reason and have faith in them. That's fine, but the last year seems to point to the fact that their more interested in releasing a physical copy and coming out of early acces than actually fixing the multitude of problems with the performance. 

I don't see what point your trying to make. You believe they will have a finished game without bugs (major bugs at least) and I don't believe that's true. You seem to be 100%sure of that yet it's been a year and still takes ages to join a server in consoles because you must wait for it to crash first, then try and join again....but hey! You got a griphon and a season pass coming soon! 

I never said they weren't helping with the map but just like with the center, which they publicly said multiple times on Twitter and such, it is the responsibility of the person who made the map to fix it up. Im not stupid I know the map is only 50% done. I am being realistic, 2 months is ALOT of time when it comes to polishing. Also being realistic is that it is physically impossible to release a bug-free game, that is just an ignorant thought process to think otherwise. The problem with performance isn't even entirely their fault rather it is the systems fault also for not being able to handle the memory strain. So you have had bad experiences with the game, oh well literally everyone has experienced a bug at some point and personally I have never experienced a "major bug" just little silly things. My bred babies don't die, I have only had one dino disappear and that is cuz I lost it and have no clue were it is (prly died), no falling through the map unless on single player messing around with ghosting, etc etc. I understand people have experienced the bad bugs but the devs are non-stop at work trying to resolve them and you can't even have the courtesy to have some faith.

1 hour ago, sloppyeric said:

Yes but I just said I'm not going through the whole video trying to figure out which part. Scrubbing or not

I responded with that info here.

18 hours ago, mleii said:

That and if they use the link Jat provided it goes directly to the 24h 07m 15s mark that the interview starts at.  Though this only seems to work in browsers. :(

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/151136534?t=24h07m15s

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Lostmymarbles said:

why would you release a half finished map for a DLC instead of a Full version

its like only playing with half a deck of cards in a poker game

No, it's just like playing a half finished game in Early Access, same thing. If half the map is playable then people might as well enjoy it whilst the rest of the map continues development.

Not only should WC release in August, but even market it more. I think they have a huge game hit. Even though bugs will always continue. How many still using CounterStrike exploits. ;) WC should market the crap out of this. Since we can't legally use their logo's: Merchandise! Car Decals, Poster, Items. :) My kid found a ARK spinner.

36 minutes ago, GP said:

Host barrier is unlikely to be removed due to performance issues. It may however be expanded in the future.

ok thats sad to hear now i see no end to my pain my kids are always yelling at each other to wait for each other one is trying to find dinos others trying to build ill have to purchase 2 more xboxes lol at least yall help Microsoft make money