ARK at E3: Release Date, Pre-Order, Ragnarok, Griffin, & Xbox One X!

Jatheish

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, PhoenixRexx said:

There are more bugs than people realise.. for Eg, the Lighting in the Island is still completely shipwrecked. Look into the clear sky as it changes from day, to dusk, to night and to dawn. there is a visible lighting feature they haven't sorted out yet. Also glare is a major issue i find as well in the lighting. there should be a glare setting so that u can reduce this somewhat.. i refuse to build in metal buildings due to this. 

These are just 2 of the many i have found and know of with Ark. I hope to god my partner is right and that they are actually 50 updates ahead of us and not showing the actual game in release state cause as much as i love the game and i prob will keep playing even through the physics and lighting issues, it is not release ready as far as this alpha tester is concerned... 

Cannot speak for other platforms, but for PC, there is an option in the menu to turn off Bloom and Lightrays; might not be the exact names, but they are in there.  Before that, you could do it with some complex INI settings or just use the r.bloomquality and r.lightrays console commands when you first login in to a server.

I haven't had an issue with glare and such for at least 1 and 1/2 years (probalby longer).

3 hours ago, tydar said:

So if I buy the Xbox version and I get a Windows 10 copy with it, can I use that PC version to play with people that are playing on windows computers using the Steam version that they bought during the Early Access?  Is that also considered PC version?

Been answered multiple times already, but no - "Windows 10 Store Version" is probably what it should be referred to, as it will be obtained through that with your Microsoft account which is, of course, the account you use on your Xbox which is how you're able to own both versions. You'll be able to play with other Windows 10 Store and Xbox gamers.

Steam is an entirely separate delivery system and nothing to do with the Windows 10 Store, or Cross Play/Buy.

I've been here since before they even added the snow and swamp biome to The Island, and have been playing it since it released on Xbox (I did buy it on Steam and try to play it on my Mac, but that didn't go very well).

The devs have done a lot of things that annoy and frustrate me, and that I'm not too happy with. But they've also made an amazing, immersive game with incredible content, maps, and creatures and I don't regret buying this game twice at all.

It's disappointing that the game isn't optimized yet, but I understand why. I can only imagine how hard it is to optimize and fix things and now that you're getting closer to a full release I can't wait to see how much it improves.

Thank you for the great two years and here's to many more!

:Melee_Damage:

Can anyone tell me what happens to people who already bought the game on ps4?  I bought everything they released in a bundle on ps4... when it "releases" what happens to my game?  Does it get turned into one of the new editions?  If so which one?  Do I get the season pass?  Do I have to rebuy the game?  Some clarification would be nice... I just didn't see the answers to these specific questions in the post... thanks!

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Apacheman951 said:

Would have been great if he actually posted this on his Twitter I've looked at his page and arks page and they didn't say anything.  They need to take responsibility for giving sony the update late.  Because they're obviously are too busy kissing Microsofts ass. 

What you quoted was posted on his Twitter, because you quoted a Tweet.

3 hours ago, Apacheman951 said:

Would have been great if he actually posted this on his Twitter I've looked at his page and arks page and they didn't say anything.  They need to take responsibility for giving sony the update late.  Because they're obviously are too busy kissing Microsofts ass. 

That twitter quote is in relation to the latest patch for Sony/PS4. This thread is to discuss Ark at E3 and what was announced in relation to the release date, new map, griffin, etc.

@Hype365 you should be posting in the proper thread as you probably aren't going to get an answer here (maybe you will I personally want the answer too).

@Apacheman951 You can't prove anything you are saying otherwise provide evidence. Without it you are just spreading rumors and not providing anything constructive to the forum. You make yourself look silly and lose all credit to your point. Also like with Hype365 post your complaint in the proper thread. This isn't the place to complain about the PS4 update being delayed. So if you want to preach responsibility then practice what you preach and post responsibly with supported facts and in the proper places.

Not trying to argue with either of you, I too want the PS4 update ASAP but I understand that delays happen and I am happy the issues are being fixed rather than allowed to remain and we download a broken update which causes massive failures. If you feel there isn't a topic that satisfies your points then start your own thread, but please don't hijack a thread especially with negative comments, no supports and expect any positive results/answers..

Here you both go because I love you both so much you lucky dogs you!

I AM SO HYPED!!

I wonder when ARK will be available for Xbox play anywhere - I bought it for my Xbox one when I saw it was a play anywhere game, but the graphics were.. somewhat iffy so I am going to buy a gamer PC just to play this game with SUPER GREAT GRAPHICS on Windows 10 in when the game is fully released. Hope it gets "play anywhere" status at launch!

I even bought Scorched earth for my Xbox one too, despite disliking the whole "fantasy" aspect. I just wanted to support the ARK team :Jerblove:
ARK thank you for exiasting, I can not wait to finally play you properly, and thank you to the ARK team for being amazing people - Hope you dont stress out too much during this final "crunch"

Edited by Pinchofginger

16 hours ago, Daemon said:

Aside from getting the game at a discounted price, WC may give us some in game skins as a thank you for the time we spent with the game.

skins.... I rather have a dossier book of all the Dino's something I can hold in my hands and look through. A skin for a Dino is whatever too me if that's what there gonna do then that's a waste for me. The game is only $5 dollars cheaper then what They are selling. I have ark for PS4 the game is $55 includes everything the game has to offer sure the next map is free as it should be. I'm not not saying they should hand us free content for playing there game before release but at least give early accesser an option to buy theses items seperate. 

5 hours ago, Apacheman951 said:

Umm... what I shared WAS a Tweet and it IS on Jat's Twitter... if you click it it will take you right to the post on Twitter...

1 hour ago, SirPeter said:

That twitter quote is in relation to the latest patch for Sony/PS4. This thread is to discuss Ark at E3 and what was announced in relation to the release date, new map, griffin, etc.

@Hype365 you should be posting in the proper thread as you probably aren't going to get an answer here (maybe you will I personally want the answer too).

@Apacheman951 You can't prove anything you are saying otherwise provide evidence. Without it you are just spreading rumors and not providing anything constructive to the forum. You make yourself look silly and lose all credit to your point. Also like with Hype365 post your complaint in the proper thread. This isn't the place to complain about the PS4 update being delayed. So if you want to preach responsibility then practice what you preach and post responsibly with supported facts and in the proper places.

Not trying to argue with either of you, I too want the PS4 update ASAP but I understand that delays happen and I am happy the issues are being fixed rather than allowed to remain and we download a broken update which causes massive failures. If you feel there isn't a topic that satisfies your points then start your own thread, but please don't hijack a thread especially with negative comments, no supports and expect any positive results/answers..

Here you both go because I love you both so much you lucky dogs you!

Dude chill!! We weren't complaining about PS4 and in fact I wasn't even asking about it... Apacheman asked about where it was (after mentioning how nice the E3 announcement was) and so I shared a link to the Twitter post about it (below is a quote showing both posts)... It's not a big deal man. If the community mods had a problem with the posts they would have done something about it. Let them be the forum cops, it's their job...

12 hours ago, Hype365 said:
12 hours ago, Apacheman951 said:

Soo E3 was nice loved the videos and reveals but one question where is the update for ps4?? 

Edited by Hype365

• Volunteer Moderator
17 hours ago, sloppyeric said:

That's cool I already have the game..... this helps me how? I think you should address the people who have been playing ark already instead of releasing theses other editions I'm not made of money i just want the dossier I don't need the game again or the map or anything else I'm suprised more people aren't complaining at the fact your offering this collectors edition for $150 yet your early accesser who have supported this game get nothing you may want to consider selling theses items seperate. I love ark and I hate that I have to be here to point out what your doing it's another way for you to make more money sure you guys need to make money but come on admit what your doing allow your fans who already own the game to get the things they want from the collectors edition your game would be nothing without the support of the players hope you remember that

Jesse already said they would be offering these items up to people who already own the game.

1 minute ago, Socalfms said:

If youve been playing ARK on PS4 since the beta/alpha (or whichever it may be) dropped, do you still have to buy the fully edition? or will it be considered a DLC for those of us who have played it on the console since Day 1?

No, if you bought Early Access, no matter which platform, You have the $60 version of the game. No purchase needed for the base game, only if you want to get the paid DLC expansions, which is only 2 for PS4 early access users.

Questions about Crossplay between Windows 10 (not Steam) and Xbox versions of the game:

• As indicated in earlier posts, the Steam version of Ark (whether you play it on a Windows 7, 8, or 10 operating system) is not the same as a Windows 10/Xbox Play Anywhere version of Ark. As such, I cannot expect to play, using my Steam account, with other players who are using their Windows 10/Xbox account, correct?

• That being said, I host my own dedicated Ark server using Ark Server Manager. When activating/making the server available, I am able to connect to it using my Steam account and play normally with other Steam users. Will I be able to do the same if I were to try connecting to it via my Windows 10/Xbox account? I imagine not, because Ark Server Manager utilizes SteamCMD, I believe, but I was curious anyways in case I've missed something.

• If I cannot play on my dedicated server, I wonder if it would be possible to host a new dedicated server on the PC and play on it through the Xbox all while using the same Play Anywhere account. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Asen said:

Questions about Crossplay between Windows 10 (not Steam) and Xbox versions of the game:

• As indicated in earlier posts, the Steam version of Ark (whether you play it on a Windows 7, 8, or 10 operating system) is not the same as a Windows 10/Xbox Play Anywhere version of Ark. As such, I cannot expect to play, using my Steam account, with other players who are using their Windows 10/Xbox account, correct?

Correct, you cannot play using your steam account in the Windows 10 Store version of the game.  Nor can you play with others in the Windows 10 Store/Xbox when you play using the steam version of the game, as you already indicated.

1 hour ago, Asen said:

• That being said, I host my own dedicated Ark server using Ark Server Manager. When activating/making the server available, I am able to connect to it using my Steam account and play normally with other Steam users. Will I be able to do the same if I were to try connecting to it via my Windows 10/Xbox account? I imagine not, because Ark Server Manager utilizes SteamCMD, I believe, but I was curious anyways in case I've missed something.

You cannot connect to a server that is running the Steam version of the game with an account that is using the Windows 10 Store/Xbox version of the game.  Correct.

1 hour ago, Asen said:

• If I cannot play on my dedicated server, I wonder if it would be possible to host a new dedicated server on the PC and play on it through the Xbox all while using the same Play Anywhere account. Any thoughts?

You can host a server (at least that's what they've said before, we'll have to see when we actually get the Windows 10 Store version of the game) with the Windows 10 Store version of the game and anyone with the Windows 10 Store or Xbox version of the game should be able to connect.  Obviously should if it's properly configured and actually working.

That is at least my understanding of how it works.  Could be wrong, but I've read a bit up on this already and followed them and what they've said thus far.  And is how it works with other games that already allow for this type of play.

3 minutes ago, mleii said:

Correct, you cannot play using your steam account in the Windows 10 Store version of the game.  Nor can you play with others in the Windows 10 Store/Xbox when you play using the steam version of the game, as you already indicated.

You cannot connect to a server that is running the Steam version of the game with an account that is using the Windows 10 Store/Xbox version of the game.  Correct.

You can host a server (at least that's what they've said before, we'll have to see when we actually get the Windows 10 Store version of the game) with the Windows 10 Store version of the game and anyone with the Windows 10 Store or Xbox version of the game should be able to connect.  Obviously should if it's properly configured and actually working.

That is at least my understanding of how it works.  Could be wrong, but I've read a bit up on this already and followed them and what they've said thus far.  And is how it works with other games that already allow for this type of play.

Thanks for confirming. That is my understanding as well.

I'm a little disappointed though because, although I would have loved to play with friends who are on the Xbox on my Steam server, it's highly unlikely that's going to happen. Most of all though, I'm sad that if I wanted to play with my Xbox friends, I'm going have to give up the majority of the mods that I use.

Anywho, at least this is a start and is in no way a bad thing. Thanks again.