ARK at E3: Release Date, Pre-Order, Ragnarok, Griffin, & Xbox One X!

Jatheish

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Karrnage1990 said:

So is this actually coming to the UK? (Collector's Edition) Because we don't have Game Stop. And I don't really wanna pay for over sea's shipping tbf.

1 hour ago, Bossmob said:

Will the collectors edition stay an US exclusive? :/

I wouldn't even mind buying the game again for the full 150$, but please offer shipment to other countries!

It will be coming to the UK and other Countries, its just not set up yet.

Edited by GP

Ehm....

1. You will never fix all the bugs till then

2. You will never finish all the performance optimizations till then...so for sure it won't run on Epic on Xbox. (For example you still not understand that the floating dinos names are causing extreme performance losts!!!!)

3. I'm aware of a few bugs which can easily crash each server out there. I do not recommend you to go live with this bugs !! And no...i will not report them again... you had enough chances and always ignored all my bugreports via tickets and in the forums!

So you are FAR away from a release guys...far away....

56 minutes ago, Toni said:

Ehm....

1. You will never fix all the bugs till then

2. You will never finish all the performance optimizations till then...so for sure it won't run on Epic on Xbox. (For example you still not understand that the floating dinos names are causing extreme performance loss!!!!)

3. I'm aware of a few bugs which can easily crash each server out there. I do not recommend you to go live with this bugs !! And no...i will not report them again... you had enough chances and always ignored all my bug reports via tickets and in the forums!

So you are FAR away from a release guys...far away....

well to start off:

1 you don't know what they are planning and the fact that these bugs and issue are easily fixable plus they have plenty of time to fix them along with optimizations

2 don't speak of something you know nothing about, coding and programming is complex within itself but i have trust WC can and will get this done and handled

3 as far as cross play for steam and windows 10 version i think it may still be cross playable within the server list in game instead of through steams server browser UI of course this is a theory i am gonna test as soon as i get the chance.

4. collector's edition for PC may come at a later time since alot of games release a PC collectors edition later down the line

5 oh and the fact that it was mentioned that updates will continue even after the release date so i'm sure they will have everything fine tuned by aug 8th and then some afterwards

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Whiskas said:

Does it mean we can get some updates on sotf now after release? :>

I don't think there's been any further decisions on SOTF development at this point. I suspected any decision would come after release, and not necessarily immediately after either.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, DoYouLiftBro said:

Would really like to get this but I don't think I can due to the fact we don't have game stop in the UK bit unfair to make it an exclusive to some one whom don't have shops across the whole world at least you could have allowed game store In the UK have rights to sell as well 

It isn't exclusive to one retailer.

6 hours ago, Dresdenphile said:

After reading all of the people complaining about bugs and optimization, I have to wonder how many people actually read the patch notes. Because if they have read the patch notes, they would already know that the first round of optimization has already been done. Which would mean these individuals should clamp their traps. If all that is being done is fixes(of which we have provided a rather detailed list) and optimizing, I would say that at least the most impactful(frustrating, annoying, gamebreaking) bugs will be patched and optimization done to the point where we won't readily notice lingering optimization issues. Is it going to be perfect? No, but two plus months is a lot of polish time. 

Meanwhile, it would be nice if us EA folks at least had the option to get the CE stuff, for a price of course. 

You mean that patch when you can again duped c4 ? Good job WC. I am just curios what happen when there will be still issue with lost/stuck/death dinos or even worse another duped method. Will be there wipe every month or how they will solve this. Because now I still know some people who can duped dino in very big lagy base

PS: what about linux ? This game is still unplayable in this platform because of artifact(not game artifact) in cave/deep ocean

Edited by hudi1

14 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

There aren't even close to that many bugs, stop exaggerating to prove your point. They can do it since it is the major focus for the next two months

Two months in optimizations and bug fixing with so many content and mechanics is like saying you gonna climb Everest after lunch and be back for dinner, which you'll bring. What i don't like about this news is the set-in-stone date which i hope is not the case, cause it is not gonna make it as polished as it should, and if you stayed around you know how it is with eta's and bugs after every update.

So to me it would be fatal for Ark to release the game unfinished after all this, critics would eat it alive and people would bury it. I do not want that to happen that is all.  

1 hour ago, Wedge84 said:

Ok, since nobody is answering about the wipe-question there ist at least one statement from Kayd Hendricks, the senior technical game play designer of wild card.

Fore weeks ago gave an interview (05/16/2017). You can read the essentials here

Short version: Hendricks is for a total wipe on release, but he states, that is is not his decision alone.

Anyhow, a wipe is definitely on the table. If they had already decided not to do one, they could just answer our question.

This leaves two scenarios:

a) They have not decided yet if they will wipe

b) They have already decided to do an wipe, but they don't want to cloud the big release announcement by telling us, that all our poop will be lost.

In my opinion – but that is just what i think – it is scenarios b. When you think about it, we all have already payed for the game. They don't lose much if we leave. But they really need to get new players. And that will be harder if we already sit on our tek gear and lev 250 gigas.

So my best guess would be: When they had their release hype, they will announce a total wipe for the release date. And than they will hope, that the free DLC softens the blow enough to keep some of us hocked. And I don't blame them. Economically it's the best decision and at the end somebody will be pissed. So why not go for the money. It's what I would do.

Edit: Tried to add the links

Oh they will lose much. They plan to release 2 expansion packs + season pass through next 1- 1,5 year, we are the main target for those expansions. We are the most willing group to buy those DLCs. As for today around 38 000 potential customers only on Steam. If they made many people leave, they would feel that when they release those DLCs on the market. 

Also what free DLC would soften the PR blow? The only free DLC we got is Ragnarok and there is none else planned. Even ridiculously increased rates on EA servers won't soften PR blow, because people wouldn't feel like to start over again. They did a huge mistake by not stating once and for all when they entered EA, what they are going to do with servers after the premiere.

By the way, before the E3 there was announcement regarding the incerase of the price for both console and PC verison of the game. That was suppoused to be explained during E3 conference directly, but it was not in the end. 

There are more bugs than people realise.. for Eg, the Lighting in the Island is still completely shipwrecked. Look into the clear sky as it changes from day, to dusk, to night and to dawn. there is a visible lighting feature they haven't sorted out yet. Also glare is a major issue i find as well in the lighting. there should be a glare setting so that u can reduce this somewhat.. i refuse to build in metal buildings due to this. 

These are just 2 of the many i have found and know of with Ark. I hope to god my partner is right and that they are actually 50 updates ahead of us and not showing the actual game in release state cause as much as i love the game and i prob will keep playing even through the physics and lighting issues, it is not release ready as far as this alpha tester is concerned... 

I have a question for the devs, do you know what the issue is with Xbox dedicated server list and how most of us can not see our servers listed? Also the only work around is the gamer tag. My friends list is over 500 friends but only 10 people play on it. It is a pain to add and send invites. And it is even more of a pain trying to remove these players off the friend list while the game is running. So when to you think you will have the connection issue fixed for those who run dedicated servers on Xbox. Oh and I am using the slim so can't say it is the old tech Xbox one. All the ports have been forward for it. I also submitted a ticket and also the ticket was not answered. Over a month now on the ticket.