ARK at E3: Release Date, Pre-Order, Ragnarok, Griffin, & Xbox One X!

Jatheish

I just realized that the collector's edition only has the Xbox or PS4 version of the game...will there be a Steam version? Please tell me there will be a Steam or Win10 version...I own neither of those consoles and was hoping to maybe buy a copy for my nephew, but he only has a PC to play it on (I already own a copy on Steam too).

2 minutes ago, Ulta said:

I just realized that the collector's edition only has the Xbox or PS4 version of the game...will there be a Steam version? Please tell me there will be a Steam or Win10 version...I own neither of those consoles and was hoping to maybe buy a copy for my nephew, but he only has a PC to play it on (I already own a copy on Steam too).

can't answer the steam question....but, while probably not preferable, if you purchase the xbox version, you will get the win10 version, so he could still play, just not with steam players (i.e. you)

10 minutes ago, mleii said:

Asked on Twitter, but I'll ask here in case someone here knows.  I've already bought the game, how do you buy the seasons pass if you already own the game?  I don't see it on the Xbox store.

haven't seen anything yet, but can't believe that there wouldn't be a stand alone season pass at some point, even if it's not until full release.

1 minute ago, perk8504 said:

can't answer the steam question....but, while probably not preferable, if you purchase the xbox version, you will get the win10 version, so he could still play, just not with steam players (i.e. you)

I don't want him playing with me anyway xD But I also just realized the PC he plays on isn't Win10, so that wouldn't work anyway. So unless they come up with a Steam version, then I won't be buying anything.

Soooooooo excited for this new map! But the game coming to full release soon does raise the big question....

Will official servers on the Xbox be wiped due to the games release??? 

I would like to know if me and my tribe should be busting out resources and grinding and getting ready to enjoy the new Ragnarok map or if we should be enjoying the time we have left with our stuff and are dinos until release??? 

Can someone please answer this question??  thank you and GG Wildcard :-)

My only issue with this collectors back is that as someone who bought the game the day it dropped, I feel like we are getting the short end of the deal. Like what do we get for being here since the beginning and supporting the game? Meanwhile anyone with extra money can grab this awesome pack of stuff, even people who are just getting into it. Just seems crappy for the people that have been here since the beginning. Maybe it's just me...

1 minute ago, Mortivore said:

My only issue with this collectors back is that as someone who bought the game the day it dropped, I feel like we are getting the short end of the deal. Like what do we get for being here since the beginning and supporting the game? Meanwhile anyone with extra money can grab this awesome pack of stuff, even people who are just getting into it. Just seems crappy for the people that have been here since the beginning. Maybe it's just me...

well, you were able to play it long before release, beyond that, you're getting the full release $60 game for a fraction of that cost

I am so glad Ark is making this great leap forward as a player that has with the game thru PC, Xbox and Now PS4. I will be getting pre-order for collector edition just to continue to show support for game. I wish they would announce when console player dedicated servers for PS4 and Xbox will get cross server access. And when PS4 will be getting access to join PC via Steam or another outlet for server join up 

3 minutes ago, UnvaluedMammal said:

so i have a big question, do the current players that have already bought ark have to buy it again?? and if we do, will the official servers and character levels be restarted?

This has been answered many times, you bought the game you have it, why would you need to rebuy it???????

LoL before release:

Will the lag issue(s) be fixed?

Will you solve the pillar problem? otherwise any new map will be owned by whichever large tribe clicks on it first. at this point pillars, pillars, pillars everywhere...

Seriously, are you really wiping the servers? those of us with you for over a year building and grinding it out through all the issues and helping to fix it  DESERVE TO KNOW so we can decide what's next.