ARK at E3: Release Date, Pre-Order, Ragnarok, Griffin, & Xbox One X!

Jatheish

on the Xbox One X! We are currently aiming to have the game performing on the EPIC Settings at 60 FPS, with every graphical effect including TrueSky.

42 minutes ago, mleii said:

At 4k?  And hopefully PCs will see this, maybe even PS4 Pro?  Sorry if you already posted this as there are a lot of posts now.  LOL

Appears 60fps is not at 4k but variable?  Not sure how that works on consoles though.  So perhaps it outputs at a specific resolution and up samples to 4k?

17 minutes ago, mleii said:

Appears 60fps is not at 4k but variable?  Not sure how that works on consoles though.  So perhaps it outputs at a specific resolution and up samples to 4k?

This means more or less that if something heavly performance wise happens in game, the game will lower resolution automatically to maintain stable high framerate.

Edited by Lewiatan

I hope Ragnarok is a nice map. I hated the Center. It was overly vertical, odd land walls or cliffs when you get to the edge of the map, too many sheer drops, goofy structures (that skull island thing, random volcano island), too many cliffs, and the main area is not even in the center of the map! Oh, did I mention the map was too vertical?

So, I really loved the Griffins. I have 2 questions:

1.) Is the Griffin compatible with all Ark Maps or do we need to mod them in? If not all maps than which ones?

2.) Considering the new Dossiers and all, can Ragnarok be considered lore cannon to Ark? It has been established that Only The Island and Scorched Earth are cannon, while The Center and Primitive+ are not. 

I would really appreciate if these pointers could be further explained here and perhaps on Steam discussions as well, I am really curious what "Ark" is and how it ties it all together.

I am really amazed by the game. I look forward for things to come!

Cheers!

So I missed you guys at E3 today. I love everything I'm seeing but I have a few questions. I bought EA and I'm not hating that I did. I really want those Collector items!!!! Would we be able to buy them as a stand alone because I would love to give you more money. Also super pumped about the cross play, but I have some concerns as I owe a Xbox server. Would my PC friends be able to join my server hosted on my Xbox? Also sorry if these have already been asked/answered. I'm on my phone heading home. Thanks and I loved the journey and future yet to come!

3 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

This mean more or less that if something heavly performance wise happens in game, the game will lower resolution automatically to maintain stable high framerate.

Right, in general that makes sense, but the way that video output works, at least on consoles, is that you specify the output resolution in the Xbox system settings.  It cannot dynamically change that, at least not the current version.  So in my case I have mine set to 4k resolution.  It cannot change that output resolution, so it must do some sort of internal conversion of what ever dynamic resolution it outputs and then has to upsample it to 4k to render.  I'm guessing that's what it does for PCs as well, as I've seen some folks claim 4k on PC, but when you look at the actual output it's actually some lower (but still high) resolution upsampled to 4k and not a native 4k.

Also wondering if they'll take advantage of the newer 4k VSync (VRR/Freesync) I've seen talked about, where it just sends the frame when it gets it.  Guessing PCs have something similar already.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-scorpio-supports-freesync-and-hdmi-vrr

1. Nice, now XBOX will have troubles with memory leak in TrueSKY as well. Good luck guys and pray you can disable it.

2. Ragnarok map has some SE content/dinos(?). How will they be available to those without SE DLC? I mean if there are electrical storms as well, then those without SE engrams are pretty much screwed.

1 minute ago, DarthaNyan said:

1. Nice, now XBOX will have troubles with memory leak in TrueSKY as well. Good luck guys and pray you can disable it.

2. Ragnarok map has some SE content/dinos(?). How will they be available to those without SE DLC? I mean if there are electrical storms as well, then those without SE engrams are pretty much screwed.

The SE assets are in the base game, otherwise players who don't have SE wouldn't see people riding the wyverns on the Island or the Center.