How to tame the pegomastax, easy!

Equinox713

Hey guys, made a video on how to tame the pegomastax:

if you don't wanna watch it then you tame it like this:

once you have found a pegomastax you want to tame build a hexagon out of, fence foundations. Then put up walls. clear your inventory of everything except berries. next, you want to get it in, if you have a flyer you can pick it and drop it in, however, the pegomastax is a low their tame and I found the easiest way to get it in without a flyer is with a one-way ramp snapped to a wall. once it is in the cage separate the berries into stacks of around 20, then jump in with it, and if you have enough berries you can even go afk. done! easy! now you can use the kibble to tame a ichthyornis, and in turn a hesperonis for golden eggs. thanks!

cage shape:

hexagon.thumb.jpg.29e6b3bd6625298229582a1dd59459cc.jpg

I tranq it then place two or three small storage chests to corner it in. When it wakes up, it takes the berries from my last hotbar slot, does a 180 and runs in to the storage chests, effectively running in to a wall like a fool. I just remain standing there in case it wants more, and then it will continue to run in to the chests. Presto.

You could also just do it with walls, but I wanted something lighter at the time.

Once I almost had one tamed, but instead of running at another tribe's wall it decided to go in to the ocean. Far, far in to the ocean. As well as underneath the surface. It drowned.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2017 at 3:55 AM, Killerfurby said:

you do know all you have to do is put mejoberry's in the 0 slot and keep adding new ones? the pego will tame itself everytime he steals berrys from you. no need to build anything

Only a low level one MAY tame itself that way. In a taming pen, it can steal berries from you until it finally gets tamed.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived