Golden Rules of Ark

mgsgta3

16 hours ago, WolfeUK said:

Why rule 2 ?? far better than the Trike early game, plus i just got the bone skin for the Stego and want to try it out :( 

Because they have crap stamina and are SUPER slow! Easier and more effective to tame a mid range bronto then a high level steggo. Especially if you are not going to be carried around on a quetzal while farming. 

1 hour ago, Voidstar said:

I want to play on a eu pvp rag server, but how am I supposed to find a tribe ? Can t play alone

I will refrain from saying pls clan me, but what other options are there?

Honestly the best way to tribe up on any server is to just join and get to work, level your guy up and start your starter base, move up to a good spot when you find one and just do your thing building up, be active in global chat and itll just happen on its own, most servers have at least one person a day who wanders in wanting a tribe so it wont be long before you have a few guys. If youre built up already too and take in other solo players then you usually get the benefit of being your tribes owner and calling the shots.
If you dont know someone though, use your group restrictions and keep your valuables ina safe they cant access at first, or in a WELL hidden spot not at your base.

Just now, mgsgta3 said:

Honestly the best way to tribe up on any server is to just join and get to work, level your guy up and start your starter base, move up to a good spot when you find one and just do your thing building up, be active in global chat and itll just happen on its own, most servers have at least one person a day who wanders in wanting a tribe so it wont be long before you have a few guys. If youre built up already too and take in other solo players then you usually get the benefit of being your tribes owner and calling the shots.
If you dont know someone though, use your group restrictions and keep your valuables ina safe they cant access at first, or in a WELL hidden spot not at your base.

I will go to either an isolated server, or a pve server. Tried like 3 raganrok pvp servers [so not even 24h old], they are full of retards.people came with lvl 80-90+, full tribes, with wyverns and high level dinos, pillared the whole map, and are hunting every new player down with them. I swear these people are braindead. They don t realise that in this manner, they are the only ones playing in the server? they will have no competition or rivalry? Not to mention they are like a man with a scooter at a marathon...they aren t better, they aren t pro they are just some average idiots...

edit : isoalted means, no transfers in our out from other maps/servers?

15 minutes ago, Voidstar said:

I will go to either an isolated server, or a pve server. Tried like 3 raganrok pvp servers [so not even 24h old], they are full of retards.people came with lvl 80-90+, full tribes, with wyverns and high level dinos, pillared the whole map, and are hunting every new player down with them. I swear these people are braindead. They don t realise that in this manner, they are the only ones playing in the server? they will have no competition or rivalry? Not to mention they are like a man with a scooter at a marathon...they aren t better, they aren t pro they are just some average idiots...

Ahh, I see your problem.   Anything against trying unofficial? they have some with official server settings all the way up to 1000x normal rates, benefit there is mods but also admins of servers usually are there to enforce rules(like no pillaring for example)

Just now, mgsgta3 said:

Ahh, I see your problem.   Anything against trying unofficial? they have some with official server settings all the way up to 1000x normal rates, benefit there is mods but also admins of servers usually are there to enforce rules(like no pillaring for example)

I guess I will try...tried some unofficial servers but they had too many mods...and too high rates...

Tell me about pve and isolated servers please...are they ok ? and what does isolated mean

To be honest I have only ever tried a pve server one time, and it was by accident. Granted it was 2 hours before I noticed I cant give an opinion of any value as far as pve servers go... Isolated servers can be better but some are overrun. use Battlemetrics.com, thats a great way to see data about a server like how many daily players(both new players and consistent/return players are counted seperately) and can help you see how active it is over a week, month, or 3 months. if numbers are steady then thats a good sign, if not or if the numbers are low then theres usually a reason. That also shows MANY more servers   than the actual game does, and you can search keywords and sort them.
I dont really know much like how many hours you have either, what youre wanting to do in ark in general( like just learn mechanics of it then try pvp, or build in peace, etc.) so you can hit me up on steam and I can help you more there if you want. my steamname is the same name I have here.

10 hours ago, rororoxor said:

If they stop moving, won't it be too late to find a safe spot?

That's what I'd have thought but no. Twice now I've used it to my advantage. When a war pig I was fighting suddenly stopped attacking I ran back to my base. I dc'd just as I closed the gate and woke up exactly where I was standing to close said gate. 

Flying past the volcano I noticed a Carno standing stock still. A quick glance around told me everything was standing still so I flew to the roof of someone's forge base on the slopes and got off my bird just as the dc happened. I woke up standing on the base next to the bird. 

If the wildlife suddenly stops moving head to safety ASAP. It could save your life. 

2 hours ago, skeeta said:

That's what I'd have thought but no. Twice now I've used it to my advantage. When a war pig I was fighting suddenly stopped attacking I ran back to my base. I dc'd just as I closed the gate and woke up exactly where I was standing to close said gate. 

Flying past the volcano I noticed a Carno standing stock still. A quick glance around told me everything was standing still so I flew to the roof of someone's forge base on the slopes and got off my bird just as the dc happened. I woke up standing on the base next to the bird. 

If the wildlife suddenly stops moving head to safety ASAP. It could save your life. 

i play unofficial so i dont dc as much, but sometimes i do when a bronto attacks all my pipes and overloads the screen with numbers xD

14 hours ago, Voidstar said:

Because they allowed transfers in, the new Raganrok servers are probably the worst place for a new player. Any time there's something new the mega tribes fight over it.

If anything, I think Raganrok is a better reason for a new player to start on one of the other maps. Whatever players/attention shifted to the new map are no longer there. In any case, low server population is almost always the best bet for a new official PvP player (my experience on PC at least).

On 6/13/2017 at 9:08 PM, Naerah(Qc) said:

NEVER EVER get attached to anything you have crafted/tamed/built in the game. Total wipes of your assets can/will happen one day or another for any random reasons possible and impossible.

I think thats implied in rule number one but i will work it in there.

Also updated list to add the thing about frozen wildlife

Archived