tool [tool] ARK Levels/xp config generator

CryptisMidnight

We wanted to make a custom "LevelExperienceRampOverrides" recently but it can take AGES. I mean... if I want lets say... make level 4000 cap.  So we made a tool that generates the level ramp.  Maybe, you just really hate MMO grinder - like playstyle? Well.. thats for you! Just adjust scaling to match your preferences :).  Player levels along with engrams and dino levels are all adjustable with multiple different styles and scaling options.

WARNING! 
Newest version (v4) (as of 11.06.2017) may contain some bugs, that will be fixed as soon as you report them.  

Currently we know one issue that idk how to solve. It may affect very few, but still somebody. If you are having issues running the app and have ever installed QT framework on your computer, change name of QT directory if you have QT newer than 5.6.0 (for example from "C:\Qt\" to "C:\QtHidden\"

features:
-choose the number of levels you want to be created
-set scaling (amount per level)
-several styles including exponential, complex curve, static
-in app tutorial/help
-place for custom code
-easy to follow UI

DOWNLOAD
http://dubba.pl/ark/

-------------------
current version change log:
iniial
-------------------

version 4:
-streamlined everything
-maths re-worked
-added real stock values and features like "real time preview table"
-convenient wizard form!

created by Dubba Thonny and myself.

I have included a few screen shots.

5fd98ec59b5fd8675206b9976c0ee377.thumb.jpg.e13f592fd54efcdd69711e40bdd8142d.jpg

df03ebb6b01bcfb4c837062345bd193b.thumb.jpg.84d887e4068441fa29aee4b152ffb6d6.jpg

7d342586f17636b6b952e4b236b0a026.thumb.jpg.79fa3d2eaf5fcf7503074e29465a1e13.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

so if you generate the code and want to copy paste into an already existing game.ini file put at top.  

example

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]
LevelExperienceRampOverrides=(ExperiencePointsForLevel[0]=........
LevelExperienceRampOverrides=(ExperiencePointsForLevel[0]=........
OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints=...

first line is player levels, second line is dino levels, then a full list of engram overides for each level.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, i have created my custom code for custom dino levels using the ARKgen tool which has in essense worked fine, however the problem i have is when a dino gets tamed instead of using the dinos current level for required XP to the next level it is defaulting to Level 1 XP requirements, know how to solve this problem?

Many thanks
Aeturnum

• 1 month later...

Hi

please help me

I have an dedicated windows server stand alone running with ARK server manager and i have used your tool to raise the level on players.

But i alredy have a game.ini full of text shall i just rename my ini file and copy paste the generated game.ini? or shall i edit my file and copy paste the text from my new ini file.

@jocke this may be an issue with ASM.

I would start by backing everything up, then go to where the server config 

ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WindowsServer/

make a copy of the INI in a different location and edit it as you like copy paste method should work fine,  double check headers and not to double up code lines.  delete  the old INI and copy the new edited one in its place.

please check http://arkservermanager.freeforums.net/thread/1179/game-ini-gameusersettings  as this may help too

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This programs great, but for some reason my Survivor gets hung up on level 119  and can't level past it.  I've seen other forums say that you need to add OverrideMaxExperiencePointsPlayer=800000000. But seems to make no difference.  Anyone else having trouble getting past 119?  I have it scaled to traditional MMO.

• 4 months later...

So I've run into a major snag, I am unable to access the download page for this and am consistently faced with an error 403 forbidden message instead.  It seems that this is sincerely the best tool for the job out there by any account I've read and I'm working on a server for myself and a few friends, writing over 9000 lines of code to create 5000 levels for ark is fun and all but I'm really not into carpal tunnel.  I'm not sure if the link has broken or the file just needs to be re uploaded but I figured I'd give a heads up.

UPDATE:  As of now, DubbaThorny has fixed the issue with his servers preventing download and the program is up and running, love it!

On 5/27/2018 at 8:39 PM, DTM said:

It worked perfectly for me, app wise anyway. One player on my RagnaroK server said they are locked at lvl 134 and wasnt gaining any more xp. I feel like I dont understand what im doing wrong

add an override max xp to the game ini to fix this 

OverrideMaxExperiencePointsPlayer=****
OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino=****

I would use 5% over the the max xp req of the highest levels for the ****

Hello, I recently used this and we have a leveling issue on my server.. we are stuck at level 85 even though it shows we have the amount of xp needed for only level 83 we have 323189.0 xp but it shows us as level 85 i have went so far as to put OverrideMaxExperiencePointsPlayer to 8 million to no avail..

ExperiencePointsForLevel[83]=323189,ExperiencePointsForLevel[84]=360886,ExperiencePointsForLevel[85]=403318

does anyone have any suggestions where to look at what might be messed up?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:59 PM, Karrade said:

Hello, I recently used this and we have a leveling issue on my server.. we are stuck at level 85 even though it shows we have the amount of xp needed for only level 83 we have 323189.0 xp but it shows us as level 85 i have went so far as to put OverrideMaxExperiencePointsPlayer to 8 million to no avail..

ExperiencePointsForLevel[83]=323189,ExperiencePointsForLevel[84]=360886,ExperiencePointsForLevel[85]=403318

does anyone have any suggestions where to look at what might be messed up?

Whats the max level you have coded? Is it 83 + 30 so 123? or there abouts? You have to account for the 30 levels that are added for people who have ascended. If you want everyone to get to level 100, you need to code level 130. 

Archived