Ark at E3

Volcano637

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mleii said:

A bit more answered here RE Ark on Xbox One X and graphics:

I can assume it's at 4k as it was in the list of games Xbox presented as being in 4k, but we'll have to wait and see for sure.

Hopefully that means folks with PCs will get the same thing or better on their platforms.

Answering myself yet again in case someone sees this thread/post.  LOL  Appears my assumptions based on the evidence are wrong.

WildCard, you crazy sumguns <3 

I just saw the trailer for Raqgnarok and I'm blown away by it! I've not been this stoked since The Center!
You guys in the 4'th Wyvern type post called it right, Ice Wyverns! I can't wait to get my hands on one!

Question though,  Does anyone know if the collector's edition will be a limited only item, or will they
all re-issue it after a set time?

3 hours ago, GP said:

It's easy to say that if you are staring at the sky. What people are talking about is getting a constant 60fps. I'm pretty sure everyone can say they get 70-80 at some point, but not constant.

I get 70-80 FPS with those launch parameters on a GTX 960 with normal play. I can actively play and have my fps remain around that range pretty consistently. The only times it might dip under 60 are when I need to load in an area, and that's very brief. I know the difference between staring at the sky and actively playing the game lol.

3 hours ago, BeardO said:

Yeah and I could get 100+ with my 1080 if I put the settings at low....what's your point?  Launch options turn off features and are there for people who need them with low end hardware.  If everyone has to put them in to get respectable FPS then they should just remove those features that even high end machines can't handle.

My point is I can get above 60 FPS easily with a much lower graphics card while actively playing at epic settings. The launch parameters do not visibly affect gameplay at all. They change subtle textures and details such as shadows. There is no really noticeable difference from applying those codes (in fact, I have yet to actually notice anything they changed).

32 minutes ago, OXStrident said:

I get 70-80 FPS with those launch parameters on a GTX 960 with normal play. I can actively play and have my fps remain around that range pretty consistently. The only times it might dip under 60 are when I need to load in an area, and that's very brief. I know the difference between staring at the sky and actively playing the game lol.

Which launch parameters are you speaking of? (I think I know which just just making sure...I have a 960 and am only getting like 30fps on medium everything and high textures)

57 minutes ago, Extraterrestrial said:

WildCard, you crazy sumguns <3 

I just saw the trailer for Raqgnarok and I'm blown away by it! I've not been this stoked since The Center!
You guys in the 4'th Wyvern type post called it right, Ice Wyverns! I can't wait to get my hands on one!

Question though,  Does anyone know if the collector's edition will be a limited only item, or will they
all re-issue it after a set time?

According to Jesse in the interveiw the collector's stuff IS limited. But they also said if they sell out of them, they'll order more of the collector things and sell them (presumably as a bundle) without the game.

4 hours ago, cfrostyscriv said:

Xbox One X is project Scorpio

Are you sure? Just saying because Scorpio will be as good as any CPU. There is no need to argue about it now because we both don't have proof yet but yeah I get it. Pc guys want to stay master style. 

Please no more arguments until there is proof

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Are you sure? Just saying because Scorpio will be as good as any CPU. There is no need to argue about it now because we both don't have proof yet but yeah I get it. Pc guys want to stay master style. 

Please no more arguments until there is proof

Xbox One X is Project Scorpio (which was a temp development code name)

8 minutes ago, GP said:

I don't think there is a video from today's interview yet.

There are the trailers though on the survivetheark youtube.

Yeah, don't see the one from today on saved on twitch yet. :(  Luckily I saw it already.

See others from today here, but not that specific one.
https://www.twitch.tv/twitch/videos/all

12 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Xbox One X is Project Scorpio (which was a temp development code name)

So are we saying that Xbox 1 x is a completely new console or just an upgraded system, 

Microsoft is pretty terrible at giving names to their consoles, but I did see some meaning previous to this.

Xbox - think of it as a hole the first one

Xbox 360 - 360 is a full circle , 1, something that is hole

Xbox 1 - follows the trend,  in dealing with 1 thing, 1 platform ,

Xbox 1 x doesn't make sense to me, I always thought the next Xbox would be like Xbox sphere or something like that

9 minutes ago, spacejam said:

So are we saying that Xbox 1 x is a completely new console or just an upgraded system, 

Microsoft is pretty terrible at giving names to their consoles, but I did see some meaning previous to this.

Xbox 1 x doesn't make sense to me, I always thought the next Xbox would be like Xbox sphere or something like that

Think of it as an Xbox One or Xbox One S with a hardware upgrade.  Basically the same OS, runs the same games but beefier hardware.  Last I heard they are planning on keeping this trend in hardware upgrades so you can keep continuing to play your games and keep your peripherals, though I'm not sure how long they can realistically continue this trend.

52 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Which launch parameters are you speaking of? (I think I know which just just making sure...I have a 960 and am only getting like 30fps on medium everything and high textures)

According to Jesse in the interveiw the collector's stuff IS limited. But they also said if they sell out of them, they'll order more of the collector things and sell them (presumably as a bundle) without the game.

I think he's talking about -sm4. Notorious for making people's graphics look like they are playing on an Xbox 360, and making nights as dark as purgatory itself. Real fun

19 minutes ago, spacejam said:

Xbox one X has the X factor ;) 

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, spacejam said:

Every single thing has been upgraded on the Xbox One X. The only piece of hardware it shares with the Xbox One is the CDROM drive.

That said. It's an odd name.

15 minutes ago, Ulta said:

I don't recall the exact ones I entered but they are under Bug Reports and Support - Common Solutions. Follow the link to the guide that shows you the codes and prepare to run ark at max settings with no problems. :)

14 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Every single thing has been upgraded on the Xbox One X. The only piece of hardware it shares with the Xbox One is the CDROM drive.

That said. It's an odd name.

Thanks, wondering why they decided to keep the xbox 1 going. I wonder what the future holds.   maybe I will upgrade  my day 1 original xbox 1 harddrive is almost full I needed to upgrade anyways, and besides ark and RDR2 in 4k sounds pretty sweet

Archived