Ark at E3

Volcano637

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, mleii said:

We'll have to see, if it does that will be great.  Still wondering how they're going to do this as I don't know what PC hardware it would compare to and if you can get 4K out of it.  There was one video where they built a box with hardware that they said was comperable, but really it wasn't due to some of the hardware optimizations that the regular off the shelf partts won't get with the GPU changes made.  

Though as was pointed out it'll cost folks $499 plus a 4K TV if they don't already own one.  Got mine last year along with a One S to play blue ray and watch other 4K content.

That's fine. A new first gen graphics card on a PC usually cost $300-$500.

Someday people will have to let go of the PC vs console mindset. The cost/performance ratios are converging these days. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mleii said:

We'll have to see, if it does that will be great.  Still wondering how they're going to do this as I don't know what PC hardware it would compare to and if you can get 4K out of it.  There was one video where they built a box with hardware that they said was comperable, but really it wasn't due to some of the hardware optimizations that the regular off the shelf partts won't get with the GPU changes made.  

Though as was pointed out it'll cost folks $499 plus a 4K TV if they don't already own one.  Got mine last year along with a One S to play blue ray and watch other 4K content.

Though the games will play better without the 4K it will obviously still only be 1080 on the Xbox One X connected to an older HDTV.  Forgot about that.

They can try all they want, but consoles will never beat out PC. The new Xbox is just catching up to current PC capabilities. By the time people adopt the new console, the PC will have moved on to later and greater things.

I just view this from the perspective of a PC player, I can play the same game with the same performance on console if I drop about 1k on equipment to run it. Its just a waste of money, I'd rather buy a new PC that will be better and be more relevant for years to come.

1 minute ago, Crows said:

Also, if cross platform play is for real, that sucks. PC players playing with PS4/Xbox players on the same servers? that will be so terribly unbalanced. A mouse is much much more precise than a console controller. PC Players can use 3rd party programs easily to aimbot and everything. Not looking forward to this.

Well, I'll like it when I can set up my own dedicated where I can play with my friends who don't cheat.  But yeah, there will definitely be some advantages for cheaters on the PC.  

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's fine. A new first gen graphics card on a PC usually cost $300-$500.

Someday people will have to let go of the PC vs console mindset. The cost/performance ratios are converging these days. 

Sooner rather than later there will be no console at all as disc games will be old technology, and everything will be bought online.  And everything will be Pc based with added options of Controlers

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

Well unfortunately I have still not gotten the chance to watch the video(I will soon) sucks to hear so many people disappointed. The thing is though it does make sense that they don't bring out the good stuff till towards the end. Hopefully that was the warm up tease.

I would have expected the Sunday one would have been the one with the bigger news for all since more people can watch.  The ones during the week are mostly all during times when people in the US are working.  Not sure what times for other time zones.  But it does make sense to talk about the Xbox version a few hours after the Xbox E3 portion today.

2 minutes ago, Crows said:

What a big let down, especially for us PS4 players. On PS4 Pro, Ark is no better anyway. This was aimed at Xbox users, mainly about 4k... what the. It's not going to make me want to buy an Xbox-one-X.

Yeah. Apparently they're saying the graphics on xbox X graphics is like Epic settings on PC. that's doubtful, they'll probably still have to remove content, graphics options, weather effects and mods. I'm thankful that I'm going to be able to play on epic on my laptop next month, with mods and other goodies. But it still feels like a "F- you" to PS4Pro owners.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, spacejam said:

Sooner rather than later there will be no console at all as disc games will be old technology, and everything will be bought online.  And everything will be Pc based with added options of Controlers

Exactly! There is no difference between the 2 platforms other than a name. 

Consoles are nothing more than PCs that you can play on your Tv while relaxing on your couch. 

Note: in the last 8 or so years I haven't used a disk based game on a console. Not once. Digital downloads have been the way to go for almost a decade. 

1 minute ago, ShawnWolf said:

Yeah. Apparently they're saying the graphics on xbox X graphics is like Epic settings on PC. that's doubtful, they'll probably still have to remove content, graphics options, weather effects and mods. I'm thankful that I'm going to be able to play on epic on my laptop next month, with mods and other goodies. But it still feels like a "F- you" to PS4Pro owners.

I'm still wondering about this.  I asked on twitter and I asked someone else in this thread who didn't answer.  Can a PC play Ark in 4k?  Any video footage?

Sorry that you bought the inferior machine :P 

Im sure in like 6 months playstation will be check out a lastest version playstation 4 pro super model, that better than xbox 1 x

Just now, spacejam said:

Sorry that you bought the inferior machine :P 

Im sure in like 6 months playstation will be check out a lastest version playstation 4 pro super model, that better than xbox 1 x

A never ending battle, and then we get the stupid exclusives junk on one or the other or even on the PC.  Just let us play the games on the device we want.  Sheesh.

Just now, mleii said:

A never ending battle, and then we get the stupid exclusives junk on one or the other or even on the PC.  Just let us play the games on the device we want.  Sheesh.

I liked it back in the day when  there was just one version of a Console  Playstation 1 ....... Xbox .... playstation 2/ all they added to that was playstation slimline.

Inferior machine? Here we go with the xbox vs ps4 crap. Dude idgaf whether it's playstation or xbox, i bought the better machine at the time. I get the feeling you're going to buy xbox X. I could care less. You're still going to get dominated by the man with the mouse and keyboard and better connection.

chiil out princess  I was having a dig at both platforms there making fun of how they also 1 up each other every 6 months

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, spacejam said:

And for this bargain  trade in your old inferior PlayStation 4 s pro with 1 game and you'll get the brand new PlayStation 4s Pro Super edition for only $299\

Marketing Skills

Or you can just buy a console/phone/car/computer and keep using it for the next 20 years. 

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Or you can just buy a consol/phone/car/computer and keep using it for the next 20 years. 

my thoughts exactly, i have all 3 platforms personally, each has their own use. and ive had each for a long time.  Since they were all launched actually. xbox 1 was bought day 1, PlayStation i got cheap from a mate so i could watch 3d movies. and my computer is  8 years old, cost me a total of 1800 over the 8 yrs to keep it up to date and running smooth

I genuinely saw that previous marketing sketch the other day tho. EB Games was asking for people to trade in their original PlayStation 4 and 1 game and they could get the PlayStation 4 pro version.... plus $250 crazy talk.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
15 minutes ago, mleii said:

Ark in 4k

Googling that alone brings up results... But the idea of running around with the assumption that you are getting 4k resolutions, for all those games, when it's simply in the title, is a bit of a stretch.

Any links to anything saying that that is the case, that those shown in the video are indeed all going to be 4k?

Seems more like hype marketing to me.

2 minutes ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

Googling that alone brings up results... But the idea of running around with the assumption that you are getting 4k resolutions, for all those games, when it's simply in the title, is a bit of a stretch.

Any links to anything saying that that is the case, that those shown in the video are indeed all going to be 4k?

Seems more like hype marketing to me.

Ugg, I should have searched first.  Thanks I'll look at those results.  I'm skeptical that Ark can play at 4K for sure, even told them so directly, see if I get an answer. :) 

It's really hard to compare the specs of the Xbox One X due to the specialized hardware gpu/cpu/etc.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
2 minutes ago, VerifiedSquid said:

Thankfully, only announced play anywhere for already owning the title.

That's cool if it goes both ways from PC to XBox. Could sway me to getting one.

Archived