Mutations

GramOfMayo

So here is my question with the whole mutation thing. Say I have 2 gigas (1 male and 1 female) and I breed them and the egg doesn't come out with a mutation, can i keep making eggs from that giga and try to get a mutation? or do i have to branch out and try other dinos? I have yet to personally get a mutation myself.  or do i have to mate those gigas, raise it, and when its done mate it with the original 2 and keep repeating that process?

Mutations are random, any time you breed any two dinos (except unicorns) you have a chance at a mutation. You most likely won't get a mutation on the first egg, and will have to continue breeding those. Inbreeding does not improve odds of mutations. So, just breed a lot and you'll eventually get one. That mutation has a good chance of passing down, and if you get it on a male and female, almost all of the babies from that pair will have the mutation, unless they mutate again. 

Mutations are a flat 2.5% chance per egg. The only way to get one is to breed a lot of animals until you get the desired results. To increase your chances of getting a mutation, keep all the females you hatch and breed them back to your male. It's a numbers game so the more breeding animals you have, the quicker you'll get a mutation. Nothing else makes any difference--there is no way to influence your chance to get a mutation or not. Just sheer numbers and lots of eggs.

Archived