Question about Wyvern Hatching

NONE

So ive got a 115 poison egg im hatching today. Ive got my trap, ive got my wyvern wall set up, everythig i need to get milk (just need to make some salt/vessels/etc to store it), and my egg is sitting in the fridge at .5% incubation. So what should I expect?

I know that 1 milk gives a wyvern 1200 food, and it depletes food at 1 per 10 seconds, but how wIll I know when it needs fed? does the food bar on a baby wyvern act differently than a regular baby, like it just slowly goes down to 0 and then the wyvern dies? Is there a prompt or way to tell when you're wyvern needs fed? If imprinting calls for feeding do they only ask to wyvern milk (I.E. am i going to get screwed by not having any dimetrodon eggs because they never lay any damn eggs?). And finally is it going to be feasible to do this if i have to work tomorrow. I work close to home and can stop home on lunch to feed them, but assuming i can get a surplus of milk will i be okay to leave them for 3-4 hours on their own? And finally i know the best spoil time to hope for on the island is 10 hours w/ salt in a bin, but if i keep it uploaded at an obelisk will the timer reset when i take it out? Any and all info would be helpful. 

1 egg isn't worth hatching, especially a low one to boot. you get 5 milk per wyvern so go for 3-5 eggs at minimal. the higher the egg lvl, the more food points it'll have, giving you a better buffer between a good nights sleep and death by starvation. after the first night, the babies should have grown enough to give you 6-8h off. having them unrendered will greatly benefit the consumption rates. you can also force feed them at any point but keep in mind that every digit you go over their cap will be lost. imprint on the other hand is relatively easy with 3 options: milk (which if i'm not mistaken also fills the food level), walk or a cuddle. no worries about kibble. with that said, i'd postpone it by a week. you need to try run it, milking i mean. and preferably get more eggs.

last i knew, milk did spoil in obies. 

last i played, a 120 popped at 1200 food.

reading your posting history, i take that you're on pvp. in which case let me remind you there's no saddle protection and without the imprints a wyvern is relatively easy to cheese with guns. i'd use pteras instead. considering that, people have set the limit on how low will they go. general consensus is anything over 140-150, considering a 190 is max egg.

and yes, you can feed them to full before bed. though as i mentioned, every bit that goes above current weight will be lost. didn't matter in our case though as we always had milk to spoil :)

2 hours ago, NONE said:

I've dry run my trap, I have no worries about that. While I do have a few other fire eggs, theYre only level 80-90... But I may a well I suppose.

So can I just force feed until their food is full to give myself a longer buffer? Like if I have to leave for work?

No, you can't fill them to full. You can forcefeed, but only to its CURRENT MAX FOOD, which will depend upon how far into the growth process it is. Otherwise you could fill it at birth and only have to feed it like once a day. It'll start with a certain base food and then progress evenly throughout the growth progress. By my math, it goes down enough for one milk approx every 3.5 hours, and it doesn't need (in fact, won't even eat) one at birth. If you feed it past it's current max it'll go up to whatever value then reset back to its current max food. 

whats the feeding trough glitch...

Either way, currently the SE server were based on is down, as well as our main server, so it looks like im not playing ark this weekend. Really frustrating considering the same thing happened last month for like 3 days. 

Really glad i didnt hatch those eggs when i got home like i planned on.

18 hours ago, eESTlane said:

last i played, a 120 popped at 1200 food.

reading your posting history, i take that you're on pvp. in which case let me remind you there's no saddle protection and without the imprints a wyvern is relatively easy to cheese with guns. i'd use pteras instead. considering that, people have set the limit on how low will they go. general consensus is anything over 140-150, considering a 190 is max egg.

and yes, you can feed them to full before bed. though as i mentioned, every bit that goes above current weight will be lost. didn't matter in our case though as we always had milk to spoil :)

Anything below 100 is not worth raising, food stat too low. 150 is a good level TBH 

Archived