rebalancing bosses, but the damage has been done...

PoliScikosis

Wildcard.... I know.... I know you said no wipes at launch. But think about this..... alpha tribes are in Tek and have been farming these bosses that you are rebalancing for months.

"fixing" these exploits that allow us to kill the bosses only solidifies these alp[has holds on servers... there is no competition.... no one can compete with those that have already farmed element.

I am NOT here asking for nerfs, or free stuff. But how much do you think new players will play with such a wall inbetween where they are, and where alpha tribes are?

these bosses have been exploited for MONTHS. And now that you are fixing the exploits, its time to rethink server wipes. Otherwise there really is no way to compete. Just my 2 cents.

3 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

You cant beat the alpha tribes so you want wildcard to essentially wipe them so you can end up back in the same position, as cannon fodder, as you are today. The only difference is the Alphas will be angry all your complaining made them have to start from scratch after years of hard work. Good luck with that. 

its not about "beating" them.... its about leveling the playing field to make the new players not GIMPED when dealing with old players in alpha tribes.

Again, these tribes have basically farmed these bosses for months using exploits, tricks, and bugs so that they likely will not have to worry about farming anything harder than medium now. Meanwhile, if new players spend months breeding rexes, yutys, daeadons, etc, they will NOT be fighting the same bosses the alphas did.... they will be at a severe disadvantage because now (according to reports) the bosses are almost unkillable with the exploits fixed.

I am NOT trying to rain on anyone's parade..... yes, there NEEDS to be hard things in the game... there NEEDS to be things to work towards.,... but farming something on easy mode SOLELY because you grandfathered into it while new players have to pound their head against the wall..... thats not competitive.... thats insanity.

9 minutes ago, M4Millican said:

High unlikely, why? They have already stated that they have the money to release new servers upon release. I imagine they also have the resources to make a separate cluster.

because they are not going to construct new networks of servers that are not clustered with the old servers.... they would have to do this for pvp, pve, etc groups.... they have already said they will be wiping low activity servers..... but they will not be severing them from the clusters.

11 minutes ago, PoliScikosis said:

because they are not going to construct new networks of servers that are not clustered with the old servers.... they would have to do this for pvp, pve, etc groups.... they have already said they will be wiping low activity servers..... but they will not be severing them from the clusters.

We can't say for certain on what they will do. It seems obvious in my mind that they wouldn't release new servers with transfer abilities to our current cluster. Take into consideration on what they did with the launch of Scorched Earth.

They're not simply fixing exploits without making the bosses a bit more fair. I hope they know people used exploit not to cheese their way out of reasonable fight but rather cheesed the fights because they weren't very doable without wasting time and investment into them, even with a full tribe going in.

The Broodmother has a lot less health now, especially on Hard, and even does a lot less damage. I beat the Gamma version with 5 Rexes just now, for a laugh, wanted to see if it was possible. Sent them in and did nothing but roar with my Yutyrannus until she was dead 10 minutes later. Each Rex had 26k HP, 680% melee, 100 armor saddle, if you're asking.

4 hours ago, PoliScikosis said:

I am NOT trying to rain on anyone's parade..... yes, there NEEDS to be hard things in the game... there NEEDS to be things to work towards.,... but farming something on easy mode SOLELY because you grandfathered into it while new players have to pound their head against the wall..... thats not competitive.... thats insanity.

As stated above, she's getting easier, not harder. New players will have it easier.

I've personally only seen Tek gear once or twice on official. Never been attacked with it since I'm not in a mega tribe anymore. Now there was also tons of dupe bugs people used any there were no wipes. Eventually someone raids them takes or despawns their gear and the cycle continues. 

Doubt they will do a wipe for a while now. 

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

Definitely not pointless. Having everyone start at the same time is a good thing. They still have an advantage which you are correct on but it is called good sportsmanship. Nowadays millennials expect everything to go their way. A wipe needs to happen

Problem is to many players in the existing fan base would stop playing and it would be bad for the company. 

10 minutes ago, Rancor said:

Problem is to many players in the existing fan base would stop playing and it would be bad for the company. 

I beg to differ. Most that will leave will be spoiled man-child anyways. I have evidence of that with the flyer nerf, all the sheep quitting because a handful of people got salty that they could no longer abuse 300% movement speed ptera picking.

Sure there would be casualties. People that are respectably enjoying ARK would get punished too. But majority of alpha tribers right now are douche bags, dupers, exploiters and are trolls on top of it all.

I'm all for a wipe. And i'm almost sure that full release will include a global wipe. I hope so. It'd put a smile on my face to know that all those exploiters and douche bags rightfully lost all of thier ill-gotten gains. Thier tears would fill my cup for years to come.

I'm in one of the mega tribes and although we have more to lose then gain from a wipe I would support it. There are so many big tribes out there that have been engaged in ridiculous amounts of blatant TEK tier duping that I don't see how the issue can be avoided. At some point before release a wipe will have to happen in order to level the playing field.

2 minutes ago, BulletForce said:

I'm in one of the mega tribes and although we have more to lose then gain from a wipe I would support it. There are so many big tribes out there that have been engaged in ridiculous amounts of blatant TEK tier duping that I don't see how the issue can be avoided. At some point before release a wipe will have to happen in order to level the playing field.

If they do a wipe I really hope they let us at least keep our player level... 

Everyone here keeps saying "do a server wipe because alphas cheat their way to the top?" What about the alphas that earned their spot legit? The ones who played fair, and by the rules? I'm not pushing back on the perceived server wipe, I can care less.. my tribe has over 50 members.. if the servers got wiped, we'd rebuild and still remain alpha just because of how effectively we can grind using numbers. 

A side note: ANY tribe can fall, no matter how big they are. ANY base can be raided, no matter if they are a Alpha or Mega tribe. As long as you have the numbers, the resources, and are willing to put in the time, you Will win. That I assure you is a fact, no matter how much stuff, tames, even duped items a tribe may have. 

6 minutes ago, TalonC said:

Everyone here keeps saying "do a server wipe because alphas cheat their way to the top?" What about the alphas that earned their spot legit? The ones who played fair, and by the rules? I'm not pushing back on the perceived server wipe, I can care less.. my tribe has over 50 members.. if the servers got wiped, we'd rebuild and still remain alpha just because of how effectively we can grind using numbers. 

A side note: ANY tribe can fall, no matter how big they are. ANY base can be raided, no matter if they are a Alpha or Mega tribe. As long as you have the numbers, the resources, and are willing to put in the time, you Will win. That I assure you is a fact, no matter how much stuff, tames, even duped items a tribe may have. 

How many "legit" mega alpha tribes do you think there are? Lol. Most people have cheated or abused an exploit just to keep up with other cheaters. TBH i haven't used any exploits even though I've been aware of bugs like floating babies since I was a noob, I never felt the need to cheat my way to domination. Deception and subterfuge have gotten me much farther as a solo and a small tribesman, than any exploit could. Luckily, I was never forced to resort to cheating like getting underneath the map or inside of rocks/bases. That's probably only because I never played on the center on multiplayer lol

Archived