ARK at E3 & Community Crunch 95!

Jatheish

51 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

@Jat by any chance will any of the 3 interviews chime in on the more controversial issues? I completely understand if not. We don't want the tantrums to flare up. Either way I was just wondering if they were or not, it's cool either way.

highly unlikely. not the place to flash your underwear. these events are for promotions only, to advertise themselves on an open market. i would assume it's an announcement of beta and maybe timeline for official release (presumably christmas). 90% sure of that. there's also a 20% chance this will be another unfinished dlc launch. rumor has it waterworld is next. and a slight possibility of official mod program intentions with 15% odds. 

0% them mentioning wipes, even with my personal opinion of 60% having them, wipes i mean. you wouldn't want to scare your customers. just throw a last minute apology "we had to do it because of our screw-ups" (paraphrasing). trust me. i'm legit. my math is impeccable :P 

40 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

highly unlikely. not the place to flash your underwear. these events are for promotions only, to advertise themselves on an open market. i would assume it's an announcement of beta and maybe timeline for official release (presumably christmas). 90% sure of that. there's also a 20% chance this will be another unfinished dlc launch. rumor has it waterworld is next. and a slight possibility of official mod program intentions with 15% odds. 

0% them mentioning wipes, even with my personal opinion of 60% having them, wipes i mean. you wouldn't want to scare your customers. just throw a last minute apology "we had to do it because of our screw-ups" (paraphrasing). trust me. i'm legit. my math is impeccable :P 

TBH I'm hoping for DLC. I like scorched earth and I definitely wouldn't mind a waterworld-like DLC map (Obviously I'm talking about the Waterworld movie). The Ocean needs a bit of an overhaul anyways.

If you ask me what I thinl the photo Jeremy shared might be, I'd say it looks like a pheonix or a griffin's claw. Or dodorex' foot, boss wars related maybe. If it's a griffin or a pheonix leg with DLC map in the background then it might be the new Valhalla map

1 hour ago, eESTlane said:

Yeah you are probably right. And water world was always an idea I had for them. I would definitely like the whole water world ? idea. It would give us a break from the very boring normal officials that we have now.

i was half way writing a fanfic through the eye of a player but decided to abandon that. was trying to point out that WC still haven't given us a story or a protagonist. i would have tilted the camera to the right, while ascending in the spectrum of lights, to reveal "bubbles" in the far distance. that would have given hint to other experiments, other maps and dlc's. like the Truman Show, only that death wouldn't be an escape. that all the memories you have are only within these borders. the only real proof of outside world or knowledge as such comes from the ruins of what appear to be a lost civilization. you called them the ascendant ones (mentioned several times in these pieces of journals) and after the resurrection, you realized you had turned to one of them yourselves. you are with the power now and hold the secret. so what you're gonna do now?

smth like that. ascension isn't really the end of the story. just think about it. what really ended? WC better hire some who has an imagination, preferably soon. 

can't wait for the announcement. hope it's significant. 

10 hours ago, Deadman said:

Have to say the announcement was really underwhelming, I was expecting much more than a re-release on the Xbox. Hope that wasn't all the hype was about!

I know what you mean, but there will definitely be more announced today on Twitch.

Why else would Jeremy show a snippet of what looks to be a claw / talon.

GIVE US THE GRIFFON!

Most likely new map inbound, fingers crossed.

Even if it's paid DLC give it to me!

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, GoreShotz said:

I know what you mean, but there will definitely be more announced today on Twitch.

Why else would Jeremy show a snippet of what looks to be a claw / talon.

GIVE US THE GRIFFON!

Most likely new map inbound, fingers crossed.

Even if it's paid DLC give it to me!

I'm still curious how it looks like a claw. I'm eager to see it revealed.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, GoreShotz said:

It's the first thing I thought when I saw it.

The yellow piece at the bottom with the  black  " claw " ..

ARK.jpg

Ah that's interesting now that you say that. I kept thinking the black outline was focusing on the main part of the image so I didn't spot the outline of the possible claw.

:D