Boss Arena Exploits

Jen

6 hours ago, Zederia said:

Why can't you use a giga ANYWHERE but on the map, not the tek cave, not the arenas... they made it, but we can't use it anywhere

Banning Gigas from boss fights was a band aid to give Rexes a role again after Gigas kicked them to the curb and pooed on their head for good measure. I've said before that I don't like band aid fixes and that this isn't the answer to the problem, but be aware that if they did allow Gigas in the arenas the bosses wouldn't become any easier. The devs would simply scale the bosses up and balance them around an army of Gigas instead of an army of Rexes.

5 hours ago, Smash said:

I'm not well versed on bosses, but I hear that almost any of the Dino tactical abilities aren't really applicable during the boss fights like the Pig Heal, Fear roars, Allo bleeds, etc.  Is this true?

If so then I really think that needs to be fixed.  Having the ability to mix up the tames you take would add a lot more depth to the game and give a lot of them a PVE application again.

As far as I'm aware the heal and courage buffs are allowed, but not the Allo's bleed. This is understandable since the bleed drains a percentage of the target's health, but I do think that they should have simply capped the bleed damage against bosses rather than removing the bleed altogether.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

Banning Gigas from boss fights was a band aid to give Rexes a role again after Gigas kicked them to the curb and pooed on their head for good measure. I've said before that I don't like band aid fixes and that this isn't the answer to the problem, but be aware that if they did allow Gigas in the arenas the bosses wouldn't become any easier. The devs would simply scale the bosses up and balance them around an army of Gigas instead of an army of Rexes.

Tek cave should let ANYTHING in, if you can get it up there you should be able to use it

1 hour ago, Lockjaw said:

As far as I'm aware the heal and courage buffs are allowed, but not the Allo's bleed. This is understandable since the bleed drains a percentage of the target's health, but I do think that they should have simply capped the bleed damage against bosses rather than removing the bleed altogether.

Shouldn't have prevented the gigas at all. Their rage mechanic would be the great equaliser in the fight. The high dmg unleashed by the brood with her spit attack could make a giga rage quickly, nullifying any other dino and ppl in there

28 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

Shouldn't have prevented the gigas at all. Their rage mechanic would be the great equaliser in the fight. The high dmg unleashed by the brood with her spit attack could make a giga rage quickly, nullifying any other dino and ppl in there

You wouldn't bring any other dinos in the fight other than maybe a pig and a Yutyrannus, and the players would likely be standing back at a safe distance with some sort of weapon in hand. The rage would do little more than further increase the dps of the Gigas and make the fight even easier.

Like I said though, this isn't the answer to the problem. Gigas just need be brought in line with everything else in the game, and Rexes and Gigas need distinct roles so they aren't competing for the same niche. Then there would be no need for a band aid such as this.

3 hours ago, jamedie said:

in fact how can we kill anyboss now? we need wait big nerf? (for me isn't normal to be unable to kill bosses with 19 rexes 12k4 hp 430 melee at base....).

just yesterday we loose 8 rexes on medium monkey cuz we stay on rexes.... he OS all of us instantly. what we need to do for kill him ?

U better Call Soul xD

saul goodman.jpg

The teleporting after the fight definitely needs attention. Its hard to tell where you end up. I fell from the sky from above red on on the island but luckily landed in water beside the ob .

Ill also add that After weeks of searching we've found 4 alpha squids on the center and only 1 regular tuso. We can't farm element like that. Please increase the spawns a bit.

On 10 June 2017 at 7:12 AM, Jen said:

Hey there Survivors!

You may have already noticed but we've been doing some passes on our boss arenas on the Island.

We're reaching out to the community and looking for your help. If you know of any current issues/exploits with the boss arenas on The Island, The Center, or Scorched Earth, please leave a comment here. Videos and/or screenshots are most useful!

Thanks for your help with improving ARK. We greatly appreciate it.

Heared you fixed brood getting stuck but still works a treat :D

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

strangest glitch i saw at youtube, at which i thought DILO why are the programmers so bad to allow that....(but yeah big project big bugs, normal programmer expierence)

Megalosaurus grab an argentavis, now the teleport bring the argentavis at the boss arena. (it has to be night, so the megalo can grab the bird)

The Argentavis can be used at the boss arena to reach any chesse spot to hold aggro and not get dmg at the vid they used it at the ape while some other with guns kill the boss.

like much before me pls make the bosses possible to fight a challenge not an impossible buggy thing. The Dinos and Saddles which are around cause the game is running like 2-3 years should be enough to beat the alpha bosses.

1 hour ago, Schreihase said:

strangest glitch i saw at youtube, at which i thought DILO why are the programmers so bad to allow that....(but yeah big project big bugs, normal programmer expierence)

Megalosaurus grab an argentavis, now the teleport bring the argentavis at the boss arena. (it has to be night, so the megalo can grab the bird)

The Argentavis can be used at the boss arena to reach any chesse spot to hold aggro and not get dmg at the vid they used it at the ape while some other with guns kill the boss.

It is SOOOO creative, I really do like it. The guy who invented it must be a genius :D

Hey @Jen , with the Introduction of ORP on certain servers such as PVE; it is now possible to kill every boss with 0 loss and resources save for artifacts. It involves 2 tribes, the tribe who gains all the element and the Tribe that goes offline.

Online Tribe= Tribe 1
Offline Tribe= Tribe 2

Tribe 2 initiates by setting a group of Rexes on Aggressive following 1 single Rex on Passive, the rexes are then left the Obelisk for Tribe 1. Tribe 2 then goes offline and Tribe 1 allows Tribe 2 to time into ORP and then starts the Boss fight with or without weapons. Tribe 1 now engages the Boss whether it be Brood, Dragon or Monkey and all they need to do is whip the Rexes if they are trapped. The Rexes attack the Boss when it comes close enough and in the case of the Dragon, regroups each air phase.
Tribe 1 has a army of invincible Rexes and has free element and free TekGrams. 
This works and has been tested on Official PVE Servers. 

12 minutes ago, wryyyyy said:

Hey Jen, with the Introduction of ORP on certain servers such as PVE; it is now possible to kill every boss with 0 loss and resources save for artifacts. It involves 2 tribes, the tribe who gains all the element and the Tribe that goes offline.

Online Tribe= Tribe 1
Offline Tribe= Tribe 2

Tribe 2 initiates by setting a group of Rexes on Aggressive following 1 single Rex on Passive, the rexes are then left the Obelisk for Tribe 1. Tribe 2 then goes offline and Tribe 1 allows Tribe 2 to time into ORP and then starts the Boss fight with or without weapons. Tribe 1 now engages the Boss whether it be Brood, Dragon or Monkey and all they need to do is whip the Rexes if they are trapped. The Rexes attack the Boss when it comes close enough and in the case of the Dragon, regroups each air phase.
Tribe 1 has a army of invincible Rexes and has free element and free TekGrams. 
This works and has been tested on Official PVE Servers. 

Just curious, but don't you have to be in the circle for your tribes dino's to join? i.e. someone from tribe 2 has to be there or the rexes won't go in

2 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Just curious, but don't you have to be in the circle for your tribes dino's to join? i.e. someone from tribe 2 has to be there or the rexes won't go in

No anything eligible in the circle goes in now, I don't know if they Changed it or what but as long as they're on the platform they can get in. This actually includes random people's dinos also. 

28 minutes ago, wryyyyy said:

No anything eligible in the circle goes in now, I don't know if they Changed it or what but as long as they're on the platform they can get in. This actually includes random people's dinos also. 

Weird, we have been doing bosses for the past 2 months with random rexes from other people inside the circle, they never joined in

Instead of throwing away rexes day in and day out try using other dinos. Yes you need a decent damage team to take out a boss. You could mix it up a bit if your going to do boss fights.

Example with Broodmother

Throw in 1 or 2 Rexes for tanking. low melee high health. 14 Rexes or therzi (which is the meta now) all points into melee damage. 2 Daeodon (food stat) for healing, 2 Yutyrannus for damage and resist buff and/or repelling araneos.

Step 1. Face the boss away from the entire group so that only 1 Rex is tanking it at a time. switch out with 2nd tanking Rex if health is getting low. (some sort of enmity equation tied to a dino) The food cost of healing 1 or 2 rexes is reduced in this method.

Step 2. Once Tanking Rex has the boss, throw in some melee rexes/therzi or any high melee dino to attack where the broodmother will not use its sweeping attack.

Final Step. Players on Yutyrannus (stamina) should shout as needed to keep buff up during the fight. And repel BM's minions as needed.

In theory this method should work 110% better than zerging a boss and winning through attrition with dinos you've spend 6 months breeding stats for. If there is an enmity scaling in game to direct where the AI attacks it would make this a lot easier. Especially for players not looking to spend months building a team just to take a boss down.

The downside to this is the longevity of the game. Most MMOs that have a consistent player base thrives on end game content that is added to the game regularly.

I suppose if you eliminate the grind involved in reaching a boss fight and successfully winning said fight within 1 month of play, the amount of players playing might reduce. Given that any other content within the game besides boss fights isn't as fulfilling. Crafting, building, taming for colors, skins, surviving, exploring, and any other reward in the game I find players enjoying that isn't directly tied to a goal of beating bosses. As it stands now, Ark is still a unique survival game. You won't find many games like it.

Shoot from the hip idea: I have yet to witness (maybe its already been tried) is players loading up non-combatant dinos with supplies, ammo, etc and other players riding circles around a boss firing weapons from the saddle of the mount they use. And then going back to gather more ammo for another round. Also having a powerful rex, therzi, a pack of allos, wolves or other types of dinos to serve as alternate ways for players to fight bosses. Yes this isn't meta and sounds more complicated and not worth the trouble, but for someone who has been trying to avoid the boring click one button till it dies method I would rather try a more entertaining approach to a tribe driven boss fight with multiple roles than what is considerered the best and most efficient way of doing these. With Rexes.

7 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Weird, we have been doing bosses for the past 2 months with random rexes from other people inside the circle, they never joined in

Have you tried recently and are you on an Official Server? Perhaps if it was PvP or Modded it does not allow such functions, as stated above, it works on Official PvE servers :)

21 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Other people's dinos definitely go in, we had one time where I went with my allies and I didn't get teleported in but they did, with my 13 rexes, and another time where someone's mesopithecus sitting by the ob came in with us. 

On 6/14/2017 at 0:59 PM, jamedie said:

in fact how can we kill anyboss now? we need wait big nerf? (for me isn't normal to be unable to kill bosses with 19 rexes 12k4 hp 430 melee at base....).

just yesterday we loose 8 rexes on medium monkey cuz we stay on rexes.... he OS all of us instantly. what we need to do for kill him ?

You can do them currently, my tribe did hard brood, hard megapithecus, and medium dragon yesterday 

Edit: hard dragon seems to be essentially impossible atm. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived