Boss Arena Exploits

Jen

11 hours ago, RoaringWhiteTiger778 said:

I thought is was called an early access game... Things will change, whats the point of them wasting time and money if anybody can't use that part of the game? Why did they pay off the lawsuit, just to make the game worse? Bugs are gonna be fixed, stats are gonna be changed, dinosaurs, structures, weapons, bosses, maybe even landscapes are going to continue to change by the time it's due for release. 

Clearly you didn't read what I had wrote. Right NOW is when these things need to be addressed because they would clearly fall into the category of "Content". You don't transition into Beta development which consists of bug fixing and optimization, and other fine tuning... only to release a game where you then have to go back and re-design the entire endgame because its going to break all the optimization and bug fixing they're already starting to do. THAT is why i say If they don't completely re-do the boss fights now, while claiming its going to be fixed "after release"... i got a bridge i'd like to sell you because a sucker is born every minute.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jen

Could you please take a look in the bugs related to the bosses and address them as well... like this

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/197449-bossing-issues

Plus:

- the Megapithecus arena, where dinos can easily fall down in the pit (due the bad/non existent ai), not listed as dead in the logs but still not returned upon the completion of the arena

- the center boss element rewards (less elements for the combined bosses than on island) + availability of all the engrams on the center

- people are randomly left out of the arena, regardless they are in the circle unmounted.

On 6/11/2017 at 6:30 AM, Anumis said:

We weren't able to pin it with 8 rex's. But pinning the dragon is using an exploit. So we are invaliding the conversation by saying you're overpowering the boss with a tanking method. All you are saying you did, is you pinned the dragon so it was stuck in flight/take off and it couldn't move. 

I just wonder how you supposed to the fight without flying rexes :) Im 99% sure it simply does not stay on the ground enough to be able to kill it in the given time IF you cant/dont glitch it. The only way to make it worse (but by not much) if WC would make it to not even land, just flying around and bomb people :D

So the other option to use ranged weaponry only, which is bordering impossible due its ability to instagib you with spit, not to mention it is minions.

Hello all,

Ok, after reading I guess its time to summorise:

Player level requirements just makes player think the teleport system is bugged.

Dino aggro against other tribes can be removed in the arena and another countdown, 30 seconds, one entity teleports at every second.
Since the abuse of tribe memberships, teleport mess and other things.

The risk of everyone dying is cruel, some other risk-element for the sake of
learning something else than "dont return here".
Like player ownership requirements that can be wiped out upon death.

Other tributes than cave access items, artifacts look the best placed in bases.

Players adapt if they can learn from the experience. A several tribes just fun option.
Something to bring server together than further apart I mean.

Something that can not be easily abused, like a one player option.
I trust you can find a fun intriguing and server revitalising solution.

Regards,

Marcus

Issues?

1)

I play on the Center and I really think we should be rewarded more element for the effort.

16 element for killing both easy Brood and easy Ape together is laughable,

From the whole official server I play on I'm the only person that bothers to even do that arena. People from my server just go to the island and do the boss fights there.. craft Tek items and bring them to the Center. So clearly something is not right there.

I don't even think Hard Bosses on the Center Arena are even doable. Hard Ape + Hard Brood? Seriously? for what? 70 element?

2)

It would be great if Tek Transmitters could be used to travel to boss arenas. Not everyone is as fortunate as we are to have a decent base near obelisk to keep 20 rexes. It's a serious issue when you have to travel with 20 rexes long distances to get to obelisks to do boss fights.

Not to mention that some jackass transfered his rex to our server seconds before we entered the Boss Arena.. I didn't even notice his Rex between our 20 rexes. Result.. we went to the Arena with 19 of our rexes one was left behind.

3)

Allow to transfer tribute items or ensure that we have all the creatures that drop them to spawn on the Center properly, I'm still to see my first alpha Tuso, Megalodon, Leed. The later two don't spawn on the Center afaik (nobody's ever seen one). It's worse.. haven't seen regular Tusos spawn since the last major update.. How on earth can we get tribute items to even do boss fights?

Off topic when a solo player joins a tribe on offical pvpve they lose structers and tames this has happened twice to me it should not had happened I sent a request however had not gotten a response .The custmor support is lacking only 72 hours for to reply and when people report things such as dupers spawn blocks nothing is done even when people report greifers such as playees dropping safes on characters nothing is done .

33 minutes ago, Phanom2012 said:

Off topic when a solo player joins a tribe on offical pvpve they lose structers and tames this has happened twice to me it should not had happened I sent a request however had not gotten a response .The custmor support is lacking only 72 hours for to reply and when people report things such as dupers spawn blocks nothing is done even when people report greifers such as playees dropping safes on characters nothing is done .

Fool you once shame on wildcard 

fool you twice shame on you

learn from your mistakes

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, AlphaTrader said:

Bosses were boosted because they were so easily killed but now they are not so easily killed the boost to them maybe should be removed.  Less damage or less Hp might be in order.

The Broodmother hasn't had a boost in HP or damage, it's had a reduction.

On 6/11/2017 at 6:27 AM, Isho said:

3 artifacts and a few megalodon tooth, talons, vertibrae and rex arms.... That is like 10-20 minute work.

Obvious troll, or you must spawn things in. Its not possible to obtain 3 artifacts in 10-20 min....I don't agree it should reward 75 element but 10 is a bit ridiculous.

@Jat, @Jen

I'd invite you, and some of the other devs to come in and actually play the game. We can do boss fights and I'll give you a ride on my best rexs against brood hard. I'll let you plan out the attack, and how we are going to defeat it. 

Once we die,  IF you actually make it back up top without insta-dying or make it back from the arena, we can go back in and try the method everyone else uses with another 20 rexs. We will shove our noses directly into her and pray that the brood we just summoned had a light rng roll into hp.....

Then, instead of asking the players to point out and expose the only viable means of dispatching said spider, or monkey or dragon so you can "fix" it, you can base your "fix" off of real world experience.

Hmu if you want to try your hand at this

6 hours ago, JelliedBigfoot said:

Obvious troll, or you must spawn things in. Its not possible to obtain 3 artifacts in 10-20 min....I don't agree it should reward 75 element but 10 is a bit ridiculous.

"Its not possible" Are you a level 5 Bob or something? Speak for yourself if you cant do something as easy as speedrunning artifacts. I do it daily for my tribe. All you have to do is speedrun Hunter, Massive and Pack which all are easily doable in under 20 minutes.

• Volunteer Moderator
49 minutes ago, Musketeer said:

Archaeopteryx is commonly used in Megapithecus arena too.

They shouldn't be allowed to enter boss arenas imho.

This is where I feel you are wrong, in my opinion.

The Devs create these creatures, such as Thylacoleo and Megalania etc with these unique abilities and they are restricted from Boss arenas because of their unique abilities. What is the point in them having unique abilities if you then cant use them in boss fights just because the Devs made their abilities too good?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Zederia said:

Why can't you use a giga ANYWHERE but on the map, not the tek cave, not the arenas... they made it, but we can't use it anywhere

As far as I am aware the only creatures not allowed in the Tek Cave are aquatic creatures, flyers and Titan. Giga is allowed as far as i'm aware.

I'm not well versed on bosses, but I hear that almost any of the Dino tactical abilities aren't really applicable during the boss fights like the Pig Heal, Fear roars, Allo bleeds, etc.  Is this true?

If so then I really think that needs to be fixed.  Having the ability to mix up the tames you take would add a lot more depth to the game and give a lot of them a PVE application again.

Also, I'd redesign them so that rather than being able to take 20 tames, I'd allow you to take a certain amount of points to a fight and rebalance the fights accordingly.So for example I'd say 50 points, and then assign each dino an amount of points with dilos/troodons etc being one point and spinos/rexes being worth 4-5.  This would give people more options than the currently have.  You would never take say Carnos to a boss fight at the moment but maybe if you really love them and you breed them well you can take 30 of them rather than 10 Rexes?

Food for thought

I realise my post is in no way on topic :D

2 hours ago, GP said:

This is where I feel you are wrong, in my opinion.

The Devs create these creatures, such as Thylacoleo and Megalania etc with these unique abilities and they are restricted from Boss arenas because of their unique abilities. What is the point in them having unique abilities if you then cant use them in boss fights just because the Devs made their abilities too good?

I want Pteras, Argys, Wyverns, Quetz with platform... I want to use their abilities to fly and use it on the arena. Yes.. Ptera for tek cave please.

Devs created those creatures with those abilities, following your logic they should be allowed to enter the arenas too.

1 hour ago, GP said:

As far as I am aware the only creatures not allowed in the Tek Cave are aquatic creatures, flyers and Titan. Giga is allowed as far as i'm aware.

I tried once. The entrance is too small for Giga to enter without issues. If you managed to fit it somehow, Giga will get stuck in the narrow tunnel which is a beginning of Tek Cave. 

2 hours ago, Smash said:

Also, I'd redesign them so that rather than being able to take 20 tames, I'd allow you to take a certain amount of points to a fight and rebalance the fights accordingly.So for example I'd say 50 points, and then assign each dino an amount of points with dilos/troodons etc being one point and spinos/rexes being worth 4-5.  This would give people more options than the currently have.  You would never take say Carnos to a boss fight at the moment but maybe if you really love them and you breed them well you can take 30 of them rather than 10 Rexes?

10 rexes is still more reliable than 30 carnos. on paper they aren't that far off from the dps perspective but, on your scale, 1-3 tier dinos will most likely be one-punched (low hp). and in the cluster i doubt the furthest away will reach the boss with their smaller AOE. that being said, a pure dps strat will always be less desirable as it requires no skill. subjecting these bosses to status effects like bleeds (allo), fire (arrows and oil jars) or even poison grenades would spice up the arena. god, i'd love to use bear traps on them, and chain bolas (search for my previous post for ideas :D) 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived