Boss Arena Exploits

Jen

8 hours ago, Anumis said:

You say the bosses are doable with brute force... Which boss/bosses are doable? And what quality of rex's are we talking about? We walked into Medium Dragon yesterday with 8-10 people with rex's. They were all 11+k base hp, and anywhere from 414% base melee to ~450 base melee. So after leveling, we were between 15-20k hp and 750+ melee. Imprints were 50% or higher (Granted, not all were 100%) We didn't even get the boss down 20% hp... What are we supposed to do there? Run in with ASC quality armor cap saddles? Or are we supposed to zerg it with rex's and lose half of them to the fire breath? 

All of your Rex's should have atleast 30k health minimum. Melee isn't that bad for what you are saying but definitely need more health. And yes an ascendant quality saddle is a must as well. Broodmorher hard is a good way to go.

i personally haven't done the dragon. It's a lot easier doing vroodmother hard and you get plenty of element from her. But if you are going to do the dragon, from what I heard you need the max number of people not almost the max number of people. Don't quote me because like I said I haven't(don't want to) done the dragon. I would think the hardest boss would require a full team though

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Nowtarfu said:

No specific exploits to report but do have other issues with the boss arenas.

By the time that we teleport into the arena, the boss is just about right on top of us for the Brood Mother. The Megapithecus is coming down the stairs most of the time as we teleport in. I can imagine that this might be worse on higher pings. Our in-game ping runs at 30-35. The T-rex turn radius makes setting up a chore with these boss's right on top of us. Instead of us teleporting in to be immediately jumped, how about letting us already be there and the Boss teleporting in giving us a fighting chance by preparing for a fight like untangling our dinos. The boss needs some sort of a delay or at the very least, the boss being in a stasis and cannot be harmed by ranged weapons until a player or dino passes a certain point (a trigger indicating "game on") that releases the Boss to fight.  

Whistles in the Boss arenas are not reliable. Most of the time, they don't work requiring several pushes of the whistle command. This is true regardless if the player is using or not using the group whistle assignment options. This is for the following confirmed whistle commands (leaving suspicion that all whistle commands are affected in the arenas); Whistle Attack target, Whistle Go here, and Whistle follow. When the whistle does work after several pushes of the hot key, in part anyway, not all T-rexes respond. If I have 10 T-rexs under my control (all mine and none in a separate whistle group) I can whistle "follow all" of which about 8 of 10 will follow. About two will stay in place unobstructed, but sometimes, and I mean only sometimes, the remaining two might heed the whistle after close to a minute later and begin following.

I tested the whistles in the Island map (outside of the arenas) and they appear to work fine with the exception of the occasional T-rex or two that do not immediately heed to the whistle-attack target similar to the same issue inside the arenas. The slow to follow a command dinos will eventually do so if the target is still alive. The whistle action on its own functions on the first push of the whistle hot key button, as it should, while outside of the arena. 

Glad that the Boss arenas are getting another pass. They have been in need of an in depth review and revamp to make them enjoyable. I have to agree with someone that posted before; the boss challenge should be scalable to the amount of people/dinos that enter the arena having a minimum for difficulty so NO one can just enter with one person and one T-rex making any boss super easy. 

Keep up the superb work.

Have a great day.

Yeah and they gotta get rid of the exploits. Tired of people cheating and abusing this game.

30k health minimum lol i'm fine on 20k health, plus the amount of health you have makes zero difference, you get put on fire by the dragon it's still only gonna take 5 "flame" effects before your tame dies, as it's 20% of your overall health per flame, so yeah. Continue wasting those level ups on health.

The bosses just need a lowered health pool and damage output, maybe their special attacks changed, but either if not both of those need to be lowered.

On 6/10/2017 at 1:42 AM, AndrewLB said:

So you're fine with them releasing the game with broken, impossible to beat bosses with the hope that one day they'll fix it? haha. It will NEVER happen. I'm just glad I beat all the bosses when I did as well as the tek cave (all on official). The vast majority of these so-called "exploits" are just smart people using what they're given and improvising, adapting, and overcoming. Semper Fi. 

I thought is was called an early access game... Things will change, whats the point of them wasting time and money if anybody can't use that part of the game? Why did they pay off the lawsuit, just to make the game worse? Bugs are gonna be fixed, stats are gonna be changed, dinosaurs, structures, weapons, bosses, maybe even landscapes are going to continue to change by the time it's due for release. 

to deal with the player exploits, I think it'll be best to address the exploits employed by the bosses first.

1) bosses ignores all detrimental effects. we can't even make its attack weaker

2) bosses can glitch us and kill us in 1 hit

3) dragon can fly whereas we can't bring any fliers. we used to be able to bring paracer with platform, but that got patched out because of that-which-shall-not-be-named

4) we cannot use tek gears in arena. no incentive to get tek gear.

5) boss battles should be done on foot and only on foot. no dinos.

6) while getting your dinos out from the spawn area the bosses would be on you chomping down the ball of dinos as you scurry to whip them out

7) bosses can bring more than 30 actors into the battle when we can only bring 30

8) there should be about 80% win rate for players when they bring in 20 heavily incested rexes and 10 players. 20% for lags, dc and murphy's law. otherwise this is not a game but a simulation. why are we paying so much money to use a simulation of dinos roaming the land once more?

9) there are no phases in boss battles. like those arcade shooters (house of the dead 3, time crisis etc) you are to attack a certain portion of the bosses' body to weaken it. then finally when it's down to the last chunk you go all out against the entire creature. this will be fun.

10) when teleporting out of the arena players might get left behind. there's no way out and there's no help unless a gm teleport them out. but by then they would have died of the heat/cold. this is punishment most cruel.

exploits used by the bosses should be address first before the player's exploit, so then it is lawful to tell people its not cool to exploit the boss battles and they can get banned for it. otherwise you'll come to a point where only a few players can clear the bosses and beat the game, making the end game content inaccessible for a big portion of the community on official servers.

also, besides accessing end game content and bragging rights, there is no point and purpose in getting tek tier or ascension in pve. according to wc logic, something needs to be heavily nerf'd so that we can all enjoy every effort put in by the devs.

On 10/06/2017 at 0:50 PM, BoatManFall3n said:

Could even have interrupts. Like the mega shows a progression bar as he winds up to throw a boulder. You have to do a certain amount of damage to him as he stands there winding up to interrupt the boulder throw. Can even make the boulder a one shot kill for anything it hits as incentive for players to make sure they stop him in time.

Maybe some sort of tek console that freezes the boss in place for a short period of time. Console has a cool down between uses. 

Make the rex roar taunt nearby enemies. This would require the tank rex to be spec'd high hp and then the other rexs could be spec'd high melee. Melee rexs have to attack from behind the boss to avoid being hit. 

Boss does a debuff that negates saddle armor. Forces players to have multiple tank rexs and swap out tanking when they get the debuff. 

Environmental mechanics/puzzles. Maybe a giant boulder that can be pushed over onto the boss.

Definitive stages in the battle.

Even a cinematic kill scene where the tamed dinos do some special coordinated attack to the boss once you've depleted it's hp instead of it just crumbling and dying.

I love the idea of using a Rex's roar to generate threat and pull aggro on the boss and having a visible cast bar on certain boss attacks that could be interrupted with a stun-capable dino (like a pachy's headbutt but perhaps on a new larger dino). The healing Daedon and buffing Yuty are a step in the right direction for a more organized boss killing team.

The only issue I foresee with having more dinos such as these as a requirement for bosses is that single-players wouldn't be able to control them all, unless they were given weaker-passive options such as the Daedon.

I've only killed the easy BM and Mega so far and my biggest issue has been the logistical nightmare of having to get 20 rexes to an obelisk and then the cluster**** that follows once inside the arena. I'd personally like to see the dino limit reduced to 10 and re-balance the bosses to make up for that.

Update on my side: Just went with an ally and 20 creatures (13 Rexes all over lvl 315, 3 Spinos over lvl 300, 2 Daeodons over lvl 270 and 2 Yutyrannus over lvl 270) into the Dragon arena on easy. I watched the Dragon fly for over a minute and shot him once to make it land. After I hit it, I went under one of my Yutyrannus and got a bright screen. I died along with 6 of my creatures and my ally died as well. He told me the Dragon shot a fireball... So well. GG. Got a oneshot-death because of lag. We should report exploits? Why the actual eff should we if the bosses could oneshot us? Why should we if you can't fix the performance issues? I will use cheats and exploits all the time until the devs fix the bossfights...

Most of the exploits I'm aware of have either been mentioned or fixed.

Some thought however needs to be put into just where the bosses should fit in regards to difficulty.

If element is going to be required for fuel for Tek and for base structure building, then the bosses should be something you reliably farm. 

If the bosses are required just to unlock engrams and for materials to build the advanced structures, then they should be a challenge.

It would take many 1000s of element for me to rebuild my metal base as Tek for little real gain.  The basic building structures should not require element or should require shards at the most.

The Tek doors requiring element is fine since they're a functional improvement over other doors, but they should probably require less.

Even with no element cost on the structures, you would still require an element to power the replicator.

The Tek generator also needs to either use no fuel, require shards at the same rate it consumes element today or be converted to a crafted fuel that doesn't require element.

As it stands today, the replicator, transmitter and the gates are the only Tek I use, even with 100s of element stored.  The risk of a glitch causing the loss of 20 bred rexes and saddles makes element too valuable to burn as fuel.

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 5:44 PM, GP said:

Can we please keep this on the topic of boss exploits you know of and provide footage and not about whether you think exploits is right or wrong or if they should be patched pre or post optimisation.

Thank you.

While I agree some of these people have gone of topic, talking about weather you use exploits is write or wrong should definitely be included in this conversation.

How can the devs know how we actually feel , and how much time and rage goes along with trying to beat bosses that are only beatable by using a glitch. ?

How can they fix a game without a true understanding of how the people who play the game feel about using those exploits.

It would be kind of nice to see you nerf and fix the bosses the same way you did with the Great Land/Flyer nerfs.

Nerf them into the ground and slowly bring them up. You  as a company have showed by previous nerf's that how you manage things. Why not do it the same and let people have some good times with killing super nerf bosses.

29 minutes ago, spacejam said:

It would be kind of nice to see you nerf and fix the bosses the same way you did with the Great Land/Flyer nerfs.

Nerf them into the ground and slowly bring them up. You  as a company have showed by previous nerf's that how you manage things. Why not do it the same and let people have some good times with killing super nerf bosses.

Because people would invest less time. Maybe it has something to do with steam-charts... Flyer-nerf = it takes longer to get from A to B. Horrible amount of element from bosses + they're OP as hell = people spend more time on searching, taming & breeding Rexes + get BPs for saddles, weapons, armor, etc. Did they even nerf something to save yourself a really good amount of time? 

Just now, DomiDarko said:

Because people would invest less time. Maybe it has something to do with steam-charts... Flyer-nerf = it takes longer to get from A to B. Horrible amount of element from bosses + they're OP as hell = people spend more time on searching, taming & breeding Rexes + get BPs for saddles, weapons, armor, etc. Did they even nerf something to save yourself a really good amount of time? 

Obviously it wasn't a serious comment on my behalf or something I think they would actually do.

But imagine if they did wouldn't it be nice

Just now, spacejam said:

Obviously it wasn't a serious comment on my behalf or something I think they would actually do.

But imagine if they did wouldn't it be nice

Yeah, especially for solo-players or low-membered tribes like ours on my server. I'm solo and my allied tribe has 3 people and only 1 of them plays every 1-2 days...

@Jen Fix the boss first, make it so it is possible to kill them without using so called glitches. I don't like to use them, but there is no legit way to kill alpha boss without them.

I have some handy tricks to kill bosses that I don't see on online and forums and I'm sure other ppl have some too which they have keep hidden from online peeps.

And in no hell way I'll share those until the bosses are fixed first.

So in short fix boss first.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:12 PM, Jen said:

Hey there Survivors!

You may have already noticed but we've been doing some passes on our boss arenas on the Island.

We're reaching out to the community and looking for your help. If you know of any current issues/exploits with the boss arenas on The Island, The Center, or Scorched Earth, please leave a comment here. Videos and/or screenshots are most useful!

Thanks for your help with improving ARK. We greatly appreciate it.

8 minutes ago, Zend said:

We have been testing the game for you guys for free for almost 2years now and not to mention all the tought time we have been throught with all the random nerfed, server crashed, bugs and disapeared item and dinos so hopefully once the game release you will have an awesome skin for us as a gift:D. Anyway back on the topic well there is a spot in Megapithecus's arena where you can stand to shoot the boss and you don't take any damage from the attack. 

20170604233625_1.jpg

Just lost half my Rex's just because they didn't return from the boss fight. I think this is a glitch that needs fixed more than the bosses getting stuck on dinos.

Went in to Easy Megapithecus from Red Obi. Took in 1 Yutyrannus and 19 Rex's (20-30k hp, 400-500% damage and saddles all above 70 armor)

3 died in fight; but only 8 Rex's returned to obelisk. So glad the Yuty returned as well. 

I swam around in the water to see if they fell off but they are nowhere to be seen. No notification in my tribe log either.

The few dino's I have left are all almost dead only 3k life left on most of them. Way to much loss for easy mode. :(

As a tribe leader of a large tribe on xbox official, I can say that I strongly agree with some of the above recommendations to rebalance the bosses in addition to eliminating existing exploits. I say this as someone who has attempted the current boss fights in many ways. My tribe has completed hard megapithecus using riderless turtles to tank while everyone shoots (i.e. without exploits). That being said, the dragon boss fight is often a close call even when pinning the dragon with 10 rexes (basically have to exploit, damage output is outrageous). Something that needs considered is that while it would undoubtedly be better if the boss fights were more interactive/skill based, the end game requires farming these bosses for a resource. If the exploits are removed, they should be balanced in a way that allows for sustainable farming of element on official, because that is what is required to stay competitive at the top end on official servers. If I take in 10 high-end rexes with 100% imprinting to the riders and ascendant saddles, they shouldn't be able to get melted by the dragon within two minutes. Devs have been consistent in wanting the rex to be the king of the ark, so bring the bosses in line with that vision.

On 6/10/2017 at 8:01 AM, Volcano637 said:

Yeah it's called cheating. And I wouldn't really use the word smart lol

Cheating? Where in the rules does it say players aren't allowed position themselves in a certain location where the Megapithecus can't get to them? If Wildcard didn't want players getting to that location, it would have had a huge invisible wall blocking any way to get there.  Where in the rules does it say that 6 players on rexes can't pin a boss so it can't escape? Last i checked, Carnos, Rexes, and Gigas are notorious for pinning your flyer while they eat your face, yet a coordinated attack from all sides to do exactly the same thing in a boss fight is "cheating?" You're just mad you didn't think of it first and probably lost all your dinos using the brute force knuckle dragger tactic you clearly prefer.  And fyi,  if i wanna put 500 pieces of C4 on a suicide rex to blow the damn monkey to pieces, I see nothing wrong with that tactic. Stupid players charge blindly into a fight, and die just as quickly. A smart player comes up with a plan based on what is available to him, and emerges victorious. 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived