Boss Arena Exploits

Jen

Hey there Survivors!

You may have already noticed but we've been doing some passes on our boss arenas on the Island.

We're reaching out to the community and looking for your help. If you know of any current issues/exploits with the boss arenas on The Island, The Center, or Scorched Earth, please leave a comment here. Videos and/or screenshots are most useful!

Thanks for your help with improving ARK. We greatly appreciate it.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The expliots are the only things that make the bosses killable, Dragon still glitches out and wont land he will just tap the ground and take off right away again

The megapithicus you cant take rexs into because his boulder throw just causes far too much damage as it ricochets around then *explodes* off a dino

The broodmothers insane health pool and sweeping attack decimates most tribes attempts

Or in a case of all 3, you run out of time, using exploits on bosses is (unfortunately) the only way to beat them

And ontop of that, Tuso spawns are incredibly non existant on the center so it makes it near impossible to actually DO boss fights in general, if you wanna help to improve boss fights and make them more appealing for the community, Take away the the megapithicus ability to spam chuck those boulders, you guys reduced the brood mothers health so thats a start, and make it so the dragon actually lands and that his burn attack doesnt take out a 30k health rex with a 94 armor ascendant saddle in 1:26

All that being said i understand boss fights are endgame, they SHOULD be very difficult BUT not next to impossible.

My suggestion to wildcard is use a repurposed official server and spawn in rexs with around 30k health and 750 melee, do the boss fight, and see for yourselves what needs to be fixed about them

I agree with XvInsanityXv,

the current bosses are almost impossible to defeat by normal means.

Maybe the problem is with you WildCard and not us. Instead of fixing the only few ways of actually killing these bosses,  try and RETHINK the bosses altogether so they can be actually KILLABLE without losing our minds and time just to get frustrated.

Just few hours ago we lost 10 rexes with 26k HP and 600 DMG (60-80armor saddles) in a matter of literally seconds against the medium dragon. And yes the tuso spawn is horrible on center (even if they spawn they get glitched in the textures), and sharks on island are non existent.

@Jen there are actually a lot of videos of boss exploits on YouTube. I am on a mobile phone so it would take way too long to get them all on here but if you did a quick ark boss glitch search you will see a lot. Glad to see you guys are taking the initiative to making it able to "beat" bosses but not be able to "farm" them. Thank you for staying on top on stuff

I just think the bosses should be redone all-together really...I know that's not per se the topic at hand, but if all the boss will be (even when fixed up) is a tank and spank, that's a rather boring approach. I would love it instead of making a typical tank and spank that you make there be some form of teamwork strategy be involved. Like maybe there's something else in the arena that needs breaking before you can even think of hitting the boss to do damage? The bosses would still need a heavy nerf for this anyway since you'd need ot be able to have some dino's be able to soak up hits while some of your team goes to tackle the possibly guarded things you need ot break first.

But if the boss are gonna stay a sadly boring tank and spank well...I don't know of any exploits off the top of my head outside of hearing of folks saying the dragon just barely ever hangs out on the ground long enough to deal decent damage? Also I think the Mega monkey is able to hit players who are mounted...he can literally one shot any rider with his rock throw and to me it should damage your mount, not YOU the player. I haven't tackled the bosses at all just because they are near impossible to kill legit...we tried once on our Center server and the element drop was abysmally low back then so we didn't try anymore (but that was before the big patch, I don't know what it's like now. Pre big patch we probably would have won that if all of us didn't get killed off our mounts). But above all else, The bosses either hit way too hard or still have too much health!! Refer to video below to see why I think this way.

Someone linked this video...I think it sums up just how impossible the fights are when you aren't 'cheating'. I know it's alpha Brood but it should be obtainable with that good a Rex army on the EASIEST HARD boss, unless there's a strategy this guy didn't try that no one knows about (minus including a buffing Yuty, but even I doubt that would have made a difference, maybe would have gotten her to half health at most). And yes I know this guy is trying SOLO, but evne with other players there, the DPS would not have gone up significantly due to player guns not doing nearly enough damage as a Rex when trained, and even if he was mounted, 10 other mounted players still would probably not have been enough extra DPS...if you wanted it to where no one could solo Alpha then congrats you did it. But that sure shafts the solo players (but I guess aRK is a MMO isn't it?). They'll be stuck 'farming' easy and that just gives so little element you can forget Tek teir at that point.

6 minutes ago, Ulta said:

I just think the bosses should be redone all-together really...I know that's not per se the topic at hand, but if all the boss will be (even when fixed up) is a tank and spank, that's a rather boring approach. I would love it instead of making a typical tank and spank that you make there be some form of teamwork strategy be involved. Like maybe there's something else in the arena that needs breaking before you can even think of hitting the boss to do damage? The bosses would still need a heavy nerf for this anyway since you'd need ot be able to have some dino's be able to soak up hits while some of your team goes to tackle the possibly guarded things you need ot break first.

But if the boss are gonna stay a sadly boring tank and spank well...I don't know of any exploits off the top of my head outside of hearing of folks saying the dragon just barely ever hangs out on the ground long enough to deal decent damage? I haven't tackled the bosses at all just because they are near impossible to kill legit...

Someone linked this video...I think it sums up just how impossible the fights are when you aren't 'cheating'. I know it's alpha but it should be obtainable with that good a Rex army, unless there's a strategy this guy didn't try that no one knows about (minus including a buffing Yuty, but even I doubt that would have made a difference, maybe would have gotten her to half health at most)

That would probably take awhile to redo the bosses but I do agree that they should be redone. Having said that, optimizations are atleast 100 times more important than the bosses so after official release I think they would have time to redo bosses.

Just now, Volcano637 said:

That would probably take awhile to redo the bosses but I do agree that they should be redone. Having said that, optimizations are atleast 100 times more important than the bosses so after official release I think they would have time to redo bosses.

True this. Which is why I also offered fixes for if they did stay like this. One can hope for something way more awesome later though =)

Would be nice to get a fix on the whistles too.... as u can see in the video most of the whistles are not even working. I am a soloplayer and tried to solokill a few bosses for example Manticore but for some reason my rexes kinda ignore most of all whistles. "Move to location" does 99% NOT WORK and attack "this" targent does not work most of the time too even if you spam those they mostly dont work....

Just now, Ulta said:

True this. Which is why I also offered fixes for if they did stay like this. One can hope for something way more awesome later though =)

Yes definitely. I would even be fine if the bosses were more like final fantasy. Learn the pattern and then you are fine.

that way big tribes and small tribes alike would have the same chance at winning, but yet still have the challenge of figuring out what to do. 

Most people in this game just use brute force and numbers to win which actually makes them "suck" at pvp rather than actually being good at it. Winning against the bosses shouldn't just be by throwing a lot of Dinos at it or just brute force. It should actually take strategy, something I haven't seen from most ark players

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

Winning against the bosses shouldn't just be by throwing a lot of Dinos at it or just brute force. It should actually take strategy, something I haven't seen from most ark players

Well, brute force is the ONLY option right now, yes? no real legit way to tank it out on foot, or do anything overly creative.  

Just now, Zederia said:

Well, brute force is the ONLY option right now, yes? no real legit way to tank it out on foot, or do anything overly creative.  

Except it isn't brute force either. It is getting the boss stuck or glitches for the most part.

dont get me wrong, I know some people just have high enough Texas to kill hem brute force wise but I think exploits are the majority in this case

1 minute ago, Volcano637 said:

Except it isn't brute force either. It is getting the boss stuck or glitches for the most part.

dont get me wrong, I know some people just have high enough Texas to kill hem brute force wise but I think exploits are the majority in this case

if it's literally impossible to do it another way, why not?

Just now, Zederia said:

if it's literally impossible to do it another way, why not?

Because right now without a rework of the bosses it is still possible to use brute force(rather I agree with it or not).

using exploits is the matter at hand and it is not the only way but it is the easiest way. But regardless of that, it is the wrong way. Very immoral. And after cheating they use all of the new found element to destroy someone they shouldn't have been able to. That just sickens me. 

As far as I am concerned that is just as bad as the duping glitch. So much irreversible damage has been caused in game by all of the glitching. Just what, things will balance out very soon ?

17 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

So you're fine with them releasing the game with broken, impossible to beat bosses with the hope that one day they'll fix it? haha. It will NEVER happen. I'm just glad I beat all the bosses when I did as well as the tek cave (all on official). The vast majority of these so-called "exploits" are just smart people using what they're given and improvising, adapting, and overcoming. Semper Fi. 

11 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Whistling in 15 high stat bred rexes with 94 armor saddles, while buffing with your Yuty, is NOT an exploit. And thats how you can solo medium monkey on official.

30 minutes ago, Penney said:

Would be nice to get a fix on the whistles too.... as u can see in the video most of the whistles are not even working. I am a soloplayer and tried to solokill a few bosses for example Manticore but for some reason my rexes kinda ignore most of all whistles. "Move to location" does 99% NOT WORK and attack "this" targent does not work most of the time too even if you spam those they mostly dont work....

no, whistles are fine... Seerower failed to use the right tame group.... he made a bunch of mistakes in that video

2 minutes ago, PoliScikosis said:

no, whistles are fine... Seerower failed to use the right tame group.... he made a bunch of mistakes in that video

hm i just tried yesterday many many times to move rexes in middle of boss arena on manticore with "move to" whistle and they never moved.... only attack this target worked a few times but not always

I'm not surprised people do not want to share boss exploits. Otherwise it is just impossible to win due to terrible boss fight gameplay design which provide only one way to win, having ridiculous amount of 100% imprinted high level Trexes to have more summed up HP and dps than the boss and even that does not guarantee the victory. Boss fights are not fun whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, XvInsanityXv said:

The expliots are the only things that make the bosses killable, Dragon still glitches out and wont land he will just tap the ground and take off right away again

The megapithicus you cant take rexs into because his boulder throw just causes far too much damage as it ricochets around then *explodes* off a dino

The broodmothers insane health pool and sweeping attack decimates most tribes attempts

Or in a case of all 3, you run out of time, using exploits on bosses is (unfortunately) the only way to beat them

And ontop of that, Tuso spawns are incredibly non existant on the center so it makes it near impossible to actually DO boss fights in general, if you wanna help to improve boss fights and make them more appealing for the community, Take away the the megapithicus ability to spam chuck those boulders, you guys reduced the brood mothers health so thats a start, and make it so the dragon actually lands and that his burn attack doesnt take out a 30k health rex with a 94 armor ascendant saddle in 1:26

All that being said i understand boss fights are endgame, they SHOULD be very difficult BUT not next to impossible.

My suggestion to wildcard is use a repurposed official server and spawn in rexs with around 30k health and 750 melee, do the boss fight, and see for yourselves what needs to be fixed about them

I agree with this for the most part. The bosses are not plausible to do except maybe by the top 1% of the players. 30k hp/750 melee is do-able, but again it's one of those things that people aren't going to be able to get in any short/reasonable amount of time unless they are late to the party. I do not like having to take advantage of exploits just to get content down, but when the scaling is to the point where you cannot do the bosses legit, something has to give/change. My server typically run's the bosses together, and today we lost ~20 rex's to medium dragon. Granted the rex's weren't great. 11k base hp and 414% melee, but the sad thing is we didn't even get 20% damage on the boss. I realize it's Dragon and medium, but with so many people taking a divy of the element, it's not anywhere near worth it to do a lesser fight if we want any kind of tek. The changes i can see being reasonable would be something along the lines of reducing the health the bosses have, and reducing the damage they do. Or at least stop nerfing all the bp's/drop's we get. The Dragon's breath attack dealing percent damage is brutal to try and counter. On our second attempt, we brought a yuty in to try and buff us through it... Didn't work. Can we get a change to how much damage/how large of an explosion the dragon's fire ball is as well? It's impossible to survive the dragon's fireball and the blast radius is enormous. On Megapithicus, the fact that he can smash you off your rex makes it much harder to either swap riders out, or survive the fight. The rock does do a lot of damage, but if you have enough stam you can avoid it for the fight... Until you run into the mesopithicus. For how much the slow effect is/how long it lasts, i believe the rock either need's to be lowered on damage, or the mesopithicus need's to be tweaked. On brood mother, she deal's a very large amount of damage and she deal's it in an AOE manner. You can't rotate rex's out to take the brunt of it because it's always hitting multiple people. She may have a reduced health pool now, but she still has a load of health for the amount of damage she can dish out to a group. I have personally never done manticore so i have no input on that boss :( Sorry. 

@Jen In short, i believe the bosses simply need a readjustment with their health pools and their damage output. I do not know what else we can do to make the bosses do-able without exploits. 

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived