Console Update: PS4 delayed (Hopeful ETA: Tuesday)

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey Survivors,

Unfortunately, PlayStation had some unforeseen problems and we won't be able to release this update today. We'll be working with Abstraction to get these problems sorted. I know it's disappointing to hear, we're sorry about that but at this time the patch is not ready to go out to the player base. We'll keep you posted how that goes.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curios about the Offline Raid Protection for PVE offical servers.

Will this be applicable to Primitive servers?  (not primitive plus)   Someone else had mentioned it was enabled by a device you placed within your base, and I do not know the validity of that claim.  Also,  high tech devices typically aren't in Primitive.   So I'm just wondering if this ORP is going to help fight back against Kiting in Official Primitive PVE servers.

So when you say "Memory reductions, texture memory & mesh optimization." are you saying that our armor won't look like a piece of polygonal crap anymore? That our hair will actually be visible, and not disappear at more than 3-5 ingame feet from our character, and turn our poor digital heads into something that appears to sport these weird, quarter rendered, wiry strands of buggy af hair that's stuck to the back of our character's neck, and kind of suggests that Gollum births all survivors on console?

Like.. dudes.. it looks SOOOOO BAD that it physically hurts? And I seriously just end up just buzz cutting my hair every couple hours I play. So why have several different hair/facial hair styles to choose from, or scissors for that matter, if we can't actually see our would be otherwise beautiful locks flowing in the wind as we ride on giant frogs or something?

More details of the render bug epidemic on console: Our story begins at a time when I specifically remember, when ARK first came out on XB1, that I could ACTUALLY see my armor and vanilla beta hair, FULLY RENDERED, at like 10 in-game feet (OR MORE!) away from my character, or a character someone else is playing. At a certain point, like a year and a half ago, yes, a year and a half ago..? things started to go badly.. armor wouldn't render properly, we see flesh bits sticking out of a hole in the male underwear, stonw picks and spears in third person or when viewing someone else with them in their hands, look horrendously mal-rendered. I mean, the appearance of all of us on XB1 is quite frankly heinous. Did I mention we have endured this horror for possibly over a year now?

As it is now, if you are not within the bare minimum of space between you and any other player, and are like even what looks like 3-5 feet standing away from them, their hair and armor turns into something that crawled out of the nintendo 64. This of course includes certain weapons and tools, and had no problem covering 90% of all armor and clothes in the game, including our nasty offwhite underwears. As far as I can tell, and I can tell a lot since I have looked far and wide for a thing to wear that doesn't turn me into Polygon the Pokemon, the ONLY armors and skins IN THE ENTIRE GAME that somehow are NOT bugged, are wyvern gauntlets, FUR gauntlets, fur chestpiece, most if not all of the hat skins, all desert cloth pieces, and.. hide hat? riot boots? Perhaps the riot helmet as well. yeah, I think that's it..

We've been waiting forever for a fix, WC. Like.. a year. Is that being worked on or is this covered in this new patch or..?

2 minutes ago, WitchWednesday said:

So when you say "Memory reductions, texture memory & mesh optimization." are you saying that our armor won't look like a piece of polygonal crap anymore? That our hair will actually be visible, and not disappear at more than 3-5 ingame feet from our character, and turn our poor digital heads into something that appears to sport these weird, quarter rendered, wiry strands of buggy af hair that's stuck to the back of our character's neck, and kind of suggests that Gollum births all survivors on console?

Like.. dudes.. it looks SOOOOO BAD that it physically hurts? And I seriously just end up just buzz cutting my hair every couple hours I play. So why have several different hair/facial hair styles to choose from, or scissors for that matter, if we can't actually see our would be otherwise beautiful locks flowing in the wind as we ride on giant frogs or something?

More details of the render bug epidemic on console: Our story begins at a time when I specifically remember, when ARK first came out on XB1, that I could ACTUALLY see my armor and vanilla beta hair, FULLY RENDERED, at like 10 in-game feet (OR MORE!) away from my character, or a character someone else is playing. At a certain point, like a year and a half ago, yes, a year and a half ago..? things started to go badly.. armor wouldn't render properly, we see flesh bits sticking out of a hole in the male underwear, stonw picks and spears in third person or when viewing someone else with them in their hands, look horrendously mal-rendered. I mean, the appearance of all of us on XB1 is quite frankly heinous. Did I mention we have endured this horror for possibly over a year now?

As it is now, if you are not within the bare minimum of space between you and any other player, and are like even what looks like 3-5 feet standing away from them, their hair and armor turns into something that crawled out of the nintendo 64. This of course includes certain weapons and tools, and had no problem covering 90% of all armor and clothes in the game, including our nasty offwhite underwears. As far as I can tell, and I can tell a lot since I have looked far and wide for a thing to wear that doesn't turn me into Polygon the Pokemon, the ONLY armors and skins IN THE ENTIRE GAME that somehow are NOT bugged, are wyvern gauntlets, FUR gauntlets, fur chestpiece, most if not all of the hat skins, all desert cloth pieces, and.. hide hat? riot boots? Perhaps the riot helmet as well. yeah, I think that's it..

We've been waiting forever for a fix, WC. Like.. a year. Is that being worked on or is this covered in this new patch or..?

I don't think they are fixing these things yet according to the patch notes. Thankfully those are simply cosmetic and don't affect ability to play - unlike the new UI.... 

But yes, it will be glorious when the fix the graphics! 

1 minute ago, Jtmorris said:

I don't think they are fixing these things yet according to the patch notes. Thankfully those are simply cosmetic and don't affect ability to play - unlike the new UI.... 

But yes, it will be glorious when the fix the graphics! 

uuughhhhhhhh..... -hangs head for another 4 months or more-

@Jat What are the chances of a fix for the psn phone app keyboard not working with ark? It works with every other game but i cant get it to work on ark... As a dedi server runner is is really annoying to type commands when i could just copy/paste on my phone. 

Also extremely annoying to type out blueprint paths when trying out new stuff in single player 

44 minutes ago, TheBoo said:

@Jat What are the chances of a fix for the psn phone app keyboard not working with ark? It works with every other game but i cant get it to work on ark... As a dedi server runner is is really annoying to type commands when i could just copy/paste on my phone. 

Also extremely annoying to type out blueprint paths when trying out new stuff in single player 

@Jat This is an issue fort @Xbox too, you have to repeatedly try to use it and hope it works.

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived