Raw mutton farming?

In that case, you'll have to bring your crafting to the sheep (assuming you don't want to tame them first, which would be the easiest option). So the best way would be to bring a quetzal with a cooking pot on it and a generator and fridge and carry a tamed therizino to harvest and make the kibble on the spot. If you don't have a therizino, it'll still work to harvest by hand or with a generic carnivore. If you don't have a quetzal, that'll be tougher, I would say take an argentavis and fly around looking for sheep, bring a foundation, preserving bin, cooking pot, and all the other ingredients for the kibble and kill the sheep, store the mutton in the bin while you're making kibble. It would be much easier IMO to get veggie cakes and tame any sheep you see, and bring them back to base. But that's obviously up to you. 

2 hours ago, Harrist14 said:

In that case, you'll have to bring your crafting to the sheep (assuming you don't want to tame them first, which would be the easiest option). So the best way would be to bring a quetzal with a cooking pot on it and a generator and fridge and carry a tamed therizino to harvest and make the kibble on the spot. If you don't have a therizino, it'll still work to harvest by hand or with a generic carnivore. If you don't have a quetzal, that'll be tougher, I would say take an argentavis and fly around looking for sheep, bring a foundation, preserving bin, cooking pot, and all the other ingredients for the kibble and kill the sheep, store the mutton in the bin while you're making kibble. It would be much easier IMO to get veggie cakes and tame any sheep you see, and bring them back to base. But that's obviously up to you. 

I'm not 100% on this but I believe higher health ovis give more mutton, so taming them and leveling a few points into HP should yield more mutton. 

Archived