Web App to Rapidly Practice Fishing

Eckster

I really wanted to catch a big fish, and found I was having a lot of difficulty typing fast enough, mostly I struggle with not using Home Row and accidentally using the key that the same finger would normally be on.

So I made a little web app in a few hours to practice Ark fishing without having to wait 2-3 minutes between bites:

Ark Fishing Practice: https://ecksters.github.io/ArkFishingPractice/

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh908 said:

Very cool!  Definitely going to use this as I like to not rely on scripts and feel better catching stuff manually (more fun that way too.)  Anyone know how many presses for 3.0 to 3.5 sized fish so I can set a goal for myself?

I have no idea, but you need honey to catch those sizes.also keys needed to be pressed is a multiple of four

So the information I've heard is:

Sap gives 30 Seconds to catch the fish, and can only catch fish up to 2.0 in size.

Leech Blood gives 20 seconds to catch, and can catch up to 3.0(2.9) in size

Honey is new, so I have no idea, but supposedly it's the only one that can catch above a 3.0.

I assume that Honey must give longer than Leech Blood, since it'd be nearly impossible to press more than is necessary for a 2.9 if you had even less time.

I would love to know if anyone has figured out how many presses is decided based on size, and what the calculation is.

Your fishing rod only determines how good the drops they give are, doesn't seem to affect ease of catching them.

Just updated it to use a dropdown for Bait selection instead of an open Time input, tested it out and it seems like Leech blood gives you 20 seconds(21), Honey gives 23(24), and sap gives 26.

Also changed the way it creates a new letter to better imitate the game's response, with green text and a slight delay before showing the next letter.

13 hours ago, Gilgamesh908 said:

Very cool!  Definitely going to use this as I like to not rely on scripts and feel better catching stuff manually (more fun that way too.)  Anyone know how many presses for 3.0 to 3.5 sized fish so I can set a goal for myself?

Not even a Fishing Script can reel those in fast enough.

This guy has a lot of Fishing Tip videos.

On 6/8/2017 at 6:34 AM, Gilgamesh908 said:

You can not currently get fish over 2.9 with any rod. 

2 minutes ago, Dreads said:

@Rancor Try using honey. I definitely know that tribemates can catch fish over 3.0 with Honey and the fishing script.

For as long as i've known you couldn't and spent hours (before honey) trying to catch them. Would be interesting if they finally fixed it with Honey :D 

@Dreads Is there an updated script now? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived