Ark Primal Survival canceled :(

myksta0121

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:29 AM, GP said:

Lots of incorrect words being thrown around here.

Has it been officially cancelled? No

Has it been postponed? No

Has active development ceased? Yes

Is there the "possibility" work will resume in the future? Yes

Lets just get ARK 1.0 released first, then they can see what to do with their other projects.

The game still isn't at 1.0 even though it had an official release?

• Wildcard Community
1 hour ago, FlyinJapman4 said:

The game still isn't at 1.0 even though it had an official release?

We opted to continue with the build numeration as it currently stands due to the multiplatform nature of the games development, where PC gets pushed first, with consoles following suit after certifications. Pushing on with a 1.0 numeration post launch would just be a bit messier on communication on the development side as that would mean 1.0 for PC, 1.0 for Xbox, and 1.0 for playstation.

On 11/11/2017 at 2:25 PM, Arkasaurio said:

You know you're quoting a post from June right?

While it's a cool idea, does anyone logically think they're really considering this right now since they've already got delays happening with Aberration? Personally, I'd consider it not a thing, until they make a big announcement that they're working on it, probably with a way overly optimistic release date. Rather be pleasantly surprised than waiting for something that is more likely to not happen.

No, obviously I did not seeing as I wasn't expecting a post this old being at the top of the forums... must of been a slow news day!

P.S. I still do not get the allure of being a dino in ARK. Your average lifespan is like 10 mins. 

On 6/7/2017 at 3:29 AM, GP said:

Lots of incorrect words being thrown around here.

Has it been officially cancelled? No

Has it been postponed? No

Has active development ceased? Yes

Is there the "possibility" work will resume in the future? Yes

Lets just get ARK 1.0 released first, then they can see what to do with their other projects.

A-Men. What I've been saying from the beginning.

2 hours ago, Sacred Demon said:

No, obviously I did not seeing as I wasn't expecting a post this old being at the top of the forums... must of been a slow news day!

P.S. I still do not get the allure of being a dino in ARK. Your average lifespan is like 10 mins. 

Nah, people just love to RP necromancer and bring these old threads back from the grave. It happens a lot here and with as frequently as Ark changes, and WC changes their minds about it, always got to check that posting date if you want to be relevant.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, myksta0121 said:

Hi just found out Ark Primal Survival has been canceled was so looking forward to this and have been waiting forever for this to land only for it to be pushed back again and again C'MON! 

IMO it should be a part of the base game.  You can choose to be a survivor or play as a dino.  You start as a lowly dilophosaur.  Every wild dino you kill gets you "points" that can be spent on spawning in as a bigger dino.  Player kills and tame kills give even more points.  Max 10 primal players per server and with enough points they can spawn in a pack of medium dinos for them to command or a lone giga/wyvern.

Lets be honest... everyone at some point or another gave serious thought as to whether a wild dino was actually being controlled by a human when it did something ridiculous.

• 1 month later...

OK so i created an account just to respond to this. now people saying this may cost money, i disagree the only other 'Total Conversion Pack' there is, is a free pack called primitive+.

On 11/15/2017 at 1:29 PM, Brayn said:

IMO it should be a part of the base game.  You can choose to be a survivor or play as a dino.  You start as a lowly dilophosaur.  Every wild dino you kill gets you "points" that can be spent on spawning in as a bigger dino.  Player kills and tame kills give even more points.  Max 10 primal players per server and with enough points they can spawn in a pack of medium dinos for them to command or a lone giga/wyvern.

This here. i see a problem because maybe this would be a nice game mode to add to primal survival, but in truth it sounds a lot like gun game from call of duty and a lot like the really crappy games you can get for $4.99 on steam (primal carnage). yet i still hope for this pack because of arks extensive dinosaur array it would be nice to maybe be a dire wolf and fight multiple packs, some people may enjoy being a so called 'pet' and find a person to be an owner.

Archived