Ark Primal Survival canceled :(

myksta0121

3 hours ago, myksta0121 said:

So as good as canceled then.

*looks at all the stuff that was once delayed and eventually made it to the game*

Still no? Just because something is pushed back doesn't mean it's cancelled.

WildCard would tell us outright if it was cancelled or not. What good would it do them to say delayed when the mean cancel?

• Volunteer Moderator

Lots of incorrect words being thrown around here.

Has it been officially cancelled? No

Has it been postponed? No

Has active development ceased? Yes

Is there the "possibility" work will resume in the future? Yes

Primal Survival is no longer in active development, similar to Survival of the Fittest. Doesn't mean it won't be revisited in the future but it's not something that is currently being working on.

Lets just get ARK 1.0 released first, then they can see what to do with their other projects.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Nuntius said:

One of the beta testers sayd that the primal survival WILL be worked on after 1.0 comes out.

I'm not talking about Primal Survival but just as a rule of thumb, our testers are not given any information on development road maps.... so please take anything you "hear" with a grain of salt.

Just now, ShawnWolf said:

There's a mod that does this already that is free lmao. Play as a dino mod

That mod sucks though...what WC showed for Primal Survival looks waaay more polished and fun.

It's sad news though. I was really eager for Primal Survival =( I just hope it'll be worked on at a later date and no flat out cancelled. (I'm still surprised SOTF was halted too...that game mode seemed perfect for ARK...)

Years ago a company was working on a beautiful game. Regular updates included screenshots, video, etc. The hype was growing among the players of the company's other games with every update. At some point all updates on the project stopped. People waited and speculated on the game's forums for years until we eventually learned that all work on the project had stopped back then and the devs were moved to other games. It was still never officially addressed. Eventually the forums were unceremoniously taken down as well.

That was from a company with one hell of a community management team. The devs were pretty active with the community too. If all work on Primal Survival has stopped then I'm just going to assume it's dead unless Wildcard says otherwise. It's a shame too. That looked rather interesting.

3 hours ago, Vrallox said:

Years ago a company was working on a beautiful game. Regular updates included screenshots, video, etc. The hype was growing among the players of the company's other games with every update. At some point all updates on the project stopped. People waited and speculated on the game's forums for years until we eventually learned that all work on the project had stopped back then and the devs were moved to other games. It was still never officially addressed. Eventually the forums were unceremoniously taken down as well.

That was from a company with one hell of a community management team. The devs were pretty active with the community too. If all work on Primal Survival has stopped then I'm just going to assume it's dead unless Wildcard says otherwise. It's a shame too. That looked rather interesting.

I see what you did there ;)

6 hours ago, Ulta said:

That mod sucks though...what WC showed for Primal Survival looks waaay more polished and fun.

It's sad news though. I was really eager for Primal Survival =( I just hope it'll be worked on at a later date and no flat out cancelled. (I'm still surprised SOTF was halted too...that game mode seemed perfect for ARK...)

Yeah. That's true. The primal survival trailer was pretty epic. That mod is no comparison

• 5 months later...
On 6/7/2017 at 1:55 AM, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

Not cancelled, delayed

Everyone on this discussion, you can read through This to see more about Primal Survival, was written yesterday by myself, I combined all that I have found to make the discussion, I took 2 - 3 hours to research this topic and write the article and I have tweeted Jat and will include the response as soon as I get it

On 6/7/2017 at 12:29 AM, GP said:

Lots of incorrect words being thrown around here.

Has it been officially cancelled? No

Has it been postponed? No

Has active development ceased? Yes

Is there the "possibility" work will resume in the future? Yes

Lets just get ARK 1.0 released first, then they can see what to do with their other projects.

Thought the new "Official" release was supposed to be 1.0 O.o What are we on now then? 

Well, obviously. You know they have to find a way for these creatures to somehow be able to pseudo-realistically shove tek gear into themselves, and build things other than what they normally would so there could be item hoarding which would lead to duping which would lead to fixes that require players to sit there even longer. If you could just play the game and hop off at normal times, that'd be bad for ratings.

....Let me stop, I have no idea why it was cancelled.

2 hours ago, Sacred Demon said:

Thought the new "Official" release was supposed to be 1.0 O.o What are we on now then? 

You know you're quoting a post from June right?

While it's a cool idea, does anyone logically think they're really considering this right now since they've already got delays happening with Aberration? Personally, I'd consider it not a thing, until they make a big announcement that they're working on it, probably with a way overly optimistic release date. Rather be pleasantly surprised than waiting for something that is more likely to not happen.

Archived