Can you solo for element?

Bramboxc123

23 minutes ago, Shayne1973 said:

Not sure if I understood 3 correctly but mosas can't damage the vacuum compartments since they are tek structures

I see it wasnt properly explained from my side - I just referred to mosas as a potential TANK animal... high hp, high damage, faster to bring them to the place than the slow turtles, if there are no 100s turrets to deal with. Indeed they are not able to damage the structures themselves, but can tank a few turrets while someone places the c4s...  and the mosa TEK saddle can if you can afford, and the mosa can get in range to survive :)  Theoretically....

1 hour ago, maze said:

@szabiferi

If they would change it from Element to Element Shards, it would be somewhat maintainable. But in the current state you would have to prepare yourself for an Alpha Dragon fight each day. It would be two fights if you want a forcefield as well. And Tek turrets? You get what I'm up to. 

Honestly, I dont get why only the TEK generator can power the TEK items.

Balance wise the TEK generator has its advantage already over the regular generator (no wiring needed, it is invaluable during PVP defense), I dont really get why regular  generators cant power the TEK items.
If regular generators could power TEK items with wiring, that would make TEK bases viable, in their curent form even the land TEK bases are TOO expensive.
And to tell the truth, according to the tests I saw on youtube, TEK turrets are poop - man, you can AVOID their shot, because they are not instantly hit but have a speed.

So looks like WC just neutered the TEK tier defense/bases with their design decision on the power supply.

I understand their desire to make tek tier more expensive to maintain. anyone at the level for tek tier can get oil/gasoline with very little effort, almost free.

But having element to power the tek generator is just not realistic. i really dont know what a good alternative would be...  maybe a new fuel type that you can make, its crafting cost would be something like 5 gas and 5 polymer make 1 tek fuel gel which would run the tek generator for 1 hr.

44 minutes ago, UnSettled said:

I understand their desire to make tek tier more expensive to maintain. anyone at the level for tek tier can get oil/gasoline with very little effort, almost free.

But having element to power the tek generator is just not realistic. i really dont know what a good alternative would be...  maybe a new fuel type that you can make, its crafting cost would be something like 5 gas and 5 polymer make 1 tek fuel gel which would run the tek generator for 1 hr.

Honestly, the building cost themselves make TEK tier expensive enough. 

TEK tier  just made the raiders vs defense "balance" even worse than it was before. To just simply build TEK based defense is more costly than having and running some TEK assault equpment... and its benefits are questionable, they are not that good (for example TEK turrets are actually weaker than the regular ones)

Nevertheless, I do enjoy the doors and transmitters, they are God given gift for me, but feel sorry that the rest of it is locked for me because while I could build it, I coud not feed the system....

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 2:52 PM, Bramboxc123 said:

Well I can care less about that.

I want element for underwater base. Not for tek generator.

How do you farm the brood solo?

I could go for easiest brood even...it only takes like 3 element per vacuum chamber.

You need the generator to keep the vacuum compartment sealed

Im a solo player. I used to farm around 100 elements a day. of course official server. Im on the center, so I usually go to double boss easy. it gives me 16 elements per round. I just brought 11 rexs and 1 yuty. the rexs have 35k hp/ 800melee with 81 saddle on it. Ive killed that double bosses in 6 mins, and only got 10k damage per a rex. Method I used is just ride on the yuty and whistle them to attack, and press C to roar. thats all. dont be afraid to do boss as solo!

Archived