Rebalance Broodmother?

Majix

AI Improvements. She'll spawn minions more efficiently (also dangerously), the spider webs from these minions are much more effective than they were previously, she'll be better at targeting when people are out of range / too high for her to reach and will shoot skill shots better.

Reason for the change was to make the creature not exploitable in the sense that she wouldn't be able to damage ya cause of a height difference or you get it stuck etc, as well as to make it more of a threat.

Got this from reddit, here.

Testing it in SP, ill let you know how it is.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, WWilson said:

why cant this kind of thing be included in detailed patch notes?

Depends on who edits the notes really, I was having a nap when this build was made but I am going to adjust the notes to include these changes :)

Just a note, there was also a reduction to its health and damage (and as I mentioned previously, it may see additional changes going forward).

I've tested the Gamma and Alpha B-mom. Unofficial server but vanilla settings, no damage or damage resistance reductions.

The spider minions use their web while moving. If you're on a Rex, don't count on ever getting free of the web debuff. It's a bit overkill at the moment xD
On Gamma she seem to do a bit less damage, 250 damage per Acid Ball. Can't say for sure.
On Alpha she also seem to do less damage. "only" 1250 damage per Acid Ball. I seem to remember it being a lot higher as previous Rex armies used have melted away in less than a minute at one point.
The Alpha version has A LOT less HP. Gamma version had 1.1 million and the Hard version only had 2.3 million. That's more than half the HP last time I fought her where she was at 4.5 million HP. Did I just roll horribly bad on the HP before?

Getting her into the trench and shooting at her from above won't work as before. She will attempt to get around and up onto the bridge now, while also spitting waaay higher with both web and acid balls, so beware.
Her minions will also spit from all the way down on the floor xD They won't hit their target but A for effort.

2 minutes ago, HighFlyer15 said:

The Alpha version has A LOT less HP. Gamma version had 1.1 million and the Hard version only had 2.3 million. That's more than half the HP last time I fought her where she was at 4.5 million HP. Did I just roll horribly bad on the HP before?

Yes, Yes you did. Just spawn ALpha her a couple times out of the arena then kill it and check health. Its roll per lvl might have gone down a little but not much

3 hours ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Jat just confirmed less HP above my comment, so hopefully I'll see a lot less HP in the future *crossing fingers*

Hate to say it but I dont think Alpha got the less HP. If you spawn it in at lvl 1 it has the base health that the wiki states. I spawned a lvl 2 till I saw a change in the health and it happened to be 620,000, meaning it got 200,000 from a wild lvl into health. I then went into the arena and killed her then spawned her in and killed it to check health, here are the results,

• 4820000 = 22 points into health
  • 4620000 = 21 Points into health
  • 4020000 = 18 points into health
  • 3820000 = 17 points into health
  • 2820000 = 12 points into health

I spawned her in around 25 times and got multiple 4620000 health versions. This would mean your 2.3m health would be 9 or 10 rolls into health... So, again Yes, you did have a low health roll. 

Also worth note, the element you get from the modes has been reduced.

• Easy gives 7
  • Medium gives 14
  • Hard gives 30 (Yes, 30)

This appeared to be a very temp reward, it is not back to normal
Ill keep testing and report back.

10 minutes ago, ifixxed said:
  • Easy gives 7
  • Medium gives 14

@Jat This can't be intentional, can it? :o 
The Broodmother is the hardest of the bosses right now.
The Mega's HP pool is fair and a rock you can see coming
The Dragon has an easy to move accordingly to pattern but annoying Dimorphs. Fire breath can be dodged if you count the bites, so not pointing it as a 
B-mom has web with slow effect, a ton of minions with slow effect and the most damaging attack in the entire game with her acid spit which pierces armor and the biggest HP pool of them all.
She's the one I like farming the least, not even on Easy, and yet she gives the least Element too.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, ifixxed said:

• Easy gives 7
  • Medium gives 14

This sucks for officials. I mean 7 can't even be shared between 10 players, not that you need 10 players for easy Brood.

Unofficials for the win! :Melee_Damage:

• Administrator

We'll probably be adjusting as we go along, just want to make sure that there aren't any exploitable/abusable ways to kill the bosses. 

27 minutes ago, ifixxed said:

Hate to say it but I dont think Alpha got the less HP. If you spawn it in at lvl 1 it has the base health that the wiki states. I spawned a lvl 2 till I saw a change in the health and it happened to be 620,000, meaning it got 200,000 from a wild lvl into health. I then went into the arena and killed her then spawned her in and killed it to check health, here are the results,

• 4820000 = 22 points into health
  • 4620000 = 21 Points into health
  • 4020000 = 18 points into health
  • 3820000 = 17 points into health
  • 2820000 = 12 points into health

I spawned her in around 25 times and got multiple 4620000 health versions. This would mean your 2.3m health would be 9 or 10 rolls into health... So, again Yes, you did have a low health roll. 

• Easy gives 7
  • Medium gives 14

Positive you're on the latest?

14 minutes ago, Jat said:

We'll probably be adjusting as we go along, just want to make sure that there aren't any exploitable/abusable ways to kill the bosses

Makes sense. The lower amount of Element was simply the last of all things I had imagined seeing xD 

Btw, I just went up against the Hard Broodmother 4 times more and every time she had 2.3 million HP. Newest patch.
I can only assume spawning her in gives her the wrong values?

3 minutes ago, HighFlyer15 said:

Makes sense. The lower amount of Element was simply the last of all things I had imagined seeing xD 

Btw, I just went up against the Hard Broodmother 4 times more and every time she had 2.3 million HP. Newest patch.
I can only assume spawning her in gives her the wrong values?

What lvl was she when fought her

Archived