Wonder if i could Sue these guys for the stress they cause with a broken game

WolfeUK

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jostabeere said:

Then why did you insist on Sony not having EA games and that ARK is a full release witout knowing what Sony does?

Because that's literally what Jeremy said in the video I watched, that they don't techinically have an EA program but he made the promise to support it fully, whether they actually have an obligation to release regular updates or not I do not know, Sony obviously is allowing it as the video states though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwsKuTMaRmg 27 min mark

On 6/6/2017 at 11:07 PM, WolfeUK said:

Salty responce ???
Firstly im not crying.....¬¬
Secondly I did say this is my first time breeding, im sure you where a pro when you first started.....xD
Thirdly i have a life outside of ark, i dont have time to waste (sorry, invest) hundreds of hours into it :)

if your new and you are already on the forums complaining this isnt the game for you. no i wasnt a pro but i did my research and the first time i raised anything the parents were max lvl pts. you would think someone that didnt have the time to (invest) wouldnt waste his time. and as for your life lol, i find it funny everytime someone get called out ( i have a life ) is their first response. I have a life also, a wife, kids, job, friends, and many other demands on my time. but much like everything else in my life if its worth doing its worth doing well. you define wasting your time your way ill define it mine because if your going to breed why waste that life you have on low lvl crap. and maybe ark isnt for you if you have such a (life) because everything about ark is time, work, and knowledge. If you dont have the time for that try minecraft it will wait for you ark doesnt. and yes sir when you are on the forums talking about you wanna sue after you first hatch and loss you most certainly are on here crying. and its not salty, its honesty some people are to sensitive for that......my bad?

2 minutes ago, StuffyUnicorn32 said:

if your new and you are already on the forums complaining this isnt the game for you. no i wasnt a pro but i did my research and the first time i raised anything the parents were max lvl pts. you would think someone that didnt have the time to (invest) wouldnt waste his time. and as for your life lol, i find it funny everytime someone get called out ( i have a life ) is their first response. I have a life also, a wife, kids, job, friends, and many other demands on my time. but much like everything else in my life if its worth doing its worth doing well. you define wasting your time your way ill define it mine because if your going to breed why waste that life you have on low lvl crap. and maybe ark isnt for you if you have such a (life) because everything about ark is time, work, and knowledge. If you dont have the time for that try minecraft it will wait for you ark doesnt. and yes sir when you are on the forums talking about you wanna sue after you first hatch and loss you most certainly are on here crying. and its not salty, its honesty some people are to sensitive for that......my bad?

My male raptor was a 120 and 2 females where 112 ?? 120 is the max, these are before tame levels, i tamed using lamb so think i had another 59 levels added, they are now about level 235 after leveling killing Alphas, spent alot of time with these 3

I know we all have lives, you probably more so than me, but for other reason im not going to go into i cannot invest huge amounts of time playing (or reading up) on the game, i also have dyslexia, most of what i read is just a wash and i have to fumble through life the best i can in my current condition, im sorry this isnt ok for some people, but i never asked for my life they way it ended up, just trying to do the best i can with it....

On 6/5/2017 at 10:51 PM, WolfeUK said:

Decided to delve into breading after hundreds of hours of doing other things

Decided to do raptors as i love these dinos, spent ages finding some high level ones, found a male 120 and 2 females 112, 112, <<took best part of a day to get these,
Breed them and placed the eggs down, waited till both where about 20% and picked one up, knew they took some looking after when they hatch, first one hatched, imprinted and started feeding, got it up to 2 and half stacks, went to my other build to get some more meat and got the headline your baby raptor has being killed ?? went back and it still had 2 stacks of meat in it ?? obviously still got the feeding bug....

Never mind i thought, ive got another egg, placed it down, waited for it to hatch, problem was when it hatched it fell through the foundation, by the time i had took apart my base to find it i got the same message, your baby raptor has being killed.....

FFS seriously, my first proper attempt at breeding and both fail cause of the stupid feeding bug and falling through the floor bug, the other problem ive now got, is both females are at 24 hours before breeding again, and as im single player thats about 5 days worth of waiting.....

It really sucks i keep coming on here to complain about problems, i cant wait for these guys to start addressing these bug so we can finally start play without all this stress, specially as i play to relax <<< due to my illness i might add...

Edit
And for those who are concerned, it was a rhetorical headline, or course im not gonna sue...

You might want to ask a lawyer this question and show them the this is an early access game lol

I mean you could, but you'd lose and Wildcard could countersue. No one is forcing you to play the game, emotional damages are shaky in court (they rarely stand up as a stand-alone charge, but they tend to accompany other stuff), and Wildcard does indicate that the game is unfinished and may have some fairly significant issues

@WolfeUK I read your first few posts (I have not read all the pages here) and noticed that you said you play single player and are having issues with baby dinos not eating properly. As a fellow single player survivor, I would suggest trying out the mod "Bulk Crafters" and make the Bulk Feeding Trough. Mod found here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633831197

I have found that as soon as I claim a baby, I see food in baby's inventory pretty much immediately, food put in the baby's inventory by the Bulk Trough. I do not know if the babies will still die from not eating, but so far with this mod, with anklyo and theriz tested, I have not had one die on me. I can claim the cute babies, and forget them, and the trough feeds them for me.

If this mod doesn't fit your style, I apologize for my suggestion, and express that I understand if you do not want to use mods. I've had anti-mod mentality (no mods, no, it's cheaty, it's not right, etc) at one time or another. But slowly warmed up to them, as the core game became more and more un-enjoyable

Good luck raising future raptors!

TL;DR:

Try "Bulk Crafters" mod. Babies auto-fed.

This bug has been in ark since they introduced breeding.

My personal experience: (tried raising dire wolves).

1st mating: baby spawned in the open after 5hours - killed by xplant (really? so it doesnt gain the alliegence of its parents raptoring great)

2nd mating: baby spawned after 5hours - killed by tribe members terra bird that was left in the taming pen on agressive (same comment as above, but thnx troll tribe member)

3rd mating: juvenile died - food bug - plenty of meat left

4rth try     : again made it to juvenile, server restarted while i was getting some sleep, tribe mate saw my baby sink through the floor (he tried to whistle it) but server (official) had another restart - baby was gone after that

These were consquetive tries over a weekend, I quit ark after that and tho I occasionally came back to see if any bugs have been fixed (this one never was), I havent bothered with breeding ever again. WHAT A raptorING WASTE OF TIME!

11 minutes ago, BroJob said:

This bug has been in ark since they introduced breeding.

My personal experience: (tried raising dire wolves).

1st mating: baby spawned in the open after 5hours - killed by xplant (really? so it doesnt gain the alliegence of its parents raptoring great)

2nd mating: baby spawned after 5hours - killed by tribe members terra bird that was left in the taming pen on agressive (same comment as above, but thnx troll tribe member)

3rd mating: juvenile died - food bug - plenty of meat left

4rth try     : again made it to juvenile, server restarted while i was getting some sleep, tribe mate saw my baby sink through the floor (he tried to whistle it) but server (official) had another restart - baby was gone after that

These were consquetive tries over a weekend, I quit ark after that and tho I occasionally came back to see if any bugs have been fixed (this one never was), I havent bothered with breeding ever again. WHAT A raptorING WASTE OF TIME!

Just imagine if you were raising a beastly Giga, or something else that took a lot of time to breed!  Breeding beastly things is kind of fun though.  I just bred a Megatherium in SP with fast settings to see how it would work against the easy BM.  I spawned one in at 800k health and with 3 Daeodons and 1 100% imprinted Megatherium I barely killed it (But it hit like a truck and had near 1m health too O.O).  I also didn't take advantage of mate boosting and switching tames out if one was low health.  

Breeding is worth it obviously when it works out for you even though it definitely sucks to lose things to bugs or server issues.

Archived