• Administrator

large.Dossier_Chalicotherium.jpg.79903ac

Common Name: Chalicotherium
Species: Chalicotherium Obsidioequus
Time: Late Oligocene - Early Pliocene
Diet: Herbivore
Temperament: Territorial

Wild

Found in small numbers within the Island’s colder regions, Chalicotherium Obsidioequus is normally a peaceful herbivore that prefers to spend its days lazing about or playing with its family. It is very territorial, however, and the entire family, young and old, will turn against an encroaching creature at just the slightest provocation.

A strange scene to stumble upon is a group of Chalicotherium playing. One odd playtime activity for Chalicotherium is hurling large balls of snow or mud-rocks at each other. Small creatures in the area shy away from Chalicotherium  during this exertion, for fear of being buried in snow or gravel.

Domesticated

While many creatures are useful while attacking a fortress, Chalicotherium can be trained as mobile artillery. Its unique playtime habit becomes a rather devastating long-range assault tactic when it is given boulders to throw, rather than snowballs!

Humble Store Sale!

Survivors, for those of you who don't have ARK or has a friend who would like to purchase the game - we're now available on the Humble Store at a discounted price of 40%! You can grab a copy of the game here!

View full article

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Solitak said:

Oh my gosh! Finally the Chalicotherium gets a dossier!

But man, mobile artillery?!

That is quite unique for a creature and certainly makes it useful for any tribe. Too bad it doesn't gets bleeding damage though.

I'm pretty excited for this guy too :)

There's lots of room for D.O.T. type effects, so who knows, maybe we'll add something like that at some point ;) but no promises!

-Nubsly

3 hours ago, Liquidice0069 said:

When can we tame this on Xbox 1!?!? Cause I want one or maybe even2!

We've got a long list of Dino's that we still need to add before we go full release in June. Releasing the Dossier to you guys is just one of the many many things that needs to happen before the Dino can get put together and released.

If you check the Wiki: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Dino_Dossiers

You'll see we have about 48 Dino's to still make and add. At this point, a lot will depend on what we need in the game for balance or specific mechanics to decide on priority and order, but feel free to let us know which Dino's you guys are most excited about :)

-Nubsly

Just now, Triceraflops Gaming said:

Im not sure what you mean, but chalicotherium was confirmed for a while and they finally released dossier for it and gorgonopsid has been confirmed too so hopefully that's next

Ok, thank you.

But can you tell me, please, where did you see that? I want to know the animals earlier.

2 hours ago, Solitak said:

Oh my gosh! Finally the Chalicotherium gets a dossier!

But man, mobile artillery?!

That is quite unique for a creature and certainly makes it useful for any tribe. Too bad it doesn't gets bleeding damage though.

i think they have said that the creatures are going to start to have unique abilities, as well as give the current creatures there own unique ability like the trike will soon have a charge attack like the woolly rhino. man i cant wait for this guy.

58 minutes ago, Triceraflops Gaming said:

4 Good dossiers in a row that went Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Good

No Ammonite love(love the little guy)? D: And before that the awesome tree crawling Thylacoleo! And before that the cool wall crawling Megalania :c and then the Hyaenodon, but then right back on track with the awesome Wooly Rhino :D (I could keep going xD)

I'm still on an Amazing dossier high :D