Fix Breeding Please WC.

Crows

Can you PLEASE fix this damn game when it comes to raising, especially sea creatures? FOOD is being consumed TOO QUICKLY whenever we go offline. We literally filled the troughs up with 60/60 cooked meat, 2 gigas, 4 rex's and an Argy (all juve and adolescent) with 500+ cooked meat each and then we went offline for 6 hours and they were completely empty, including the trough. They were all starving, ALMOST DEAD.

Then my ally gets online and says both of his Juv Basil's starved to death, despite filling them up with tons of meat before going offline for a few hours. WTH Is going on!? 

>what it meat spoil timer of 20 minutes?

A stack of meat spoils in 600 minutes. If you add the eating of 7 dinos including 2 Gigas, you go through all the food you've mentioned in a short time.

Prepare better, get more meat and Preserving salt if you raise Gigas.

After 6 hours you're through 60% of your meat just by spoiling it. And your most likely dinos finish the 40% of it in less than 6 hours.

3 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

A stack of meat spoils in 600 minutes. If you add the eating of 7 dinos including 2 Gigas, you go through all the food you've mentioned in a short time.

After 6 hours you're through 60% of your meat just by spoiling it.

Cooked meat only, no raw. Gigas had about 2-3 stacks left but what shocked me most is just how fast everything else eats. Of course you're here to try your best to debunk my topic and defend WildCard but trust me, dinos consume too much especially when you're offline/out of render distance. I thought the whole stasis thing made them eat slower? it's not working.

We're going through so much meat it's insane lol

5 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

After 6 hours you're through 60% of your meat just by spoiling it. And your most likely dinos finish the 40% of it in less than 6 hours.

Cooked lasts like 12-13 hours in a trough

4 minutes ago, Crows said:

Cooked meat only, no raw. Gigas had about 2-3 stacks left but what shocked me most is just how fast they eat. Of course you're here to try your best to debunk my topic and defend WildCard but trust me, dinos consume too much especially when you're offline/out of render distance. I thought the whole stasis thing made them eat slower? it's not working.

We're going through so much meat it's insane lol

So stasis is working forever now, and it's clearly visible that it does work, but you alone say it doesn't.

I calculated for cooked, just made a mistake. The meat is there longer. I forgot the multipliers.

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

So stasis is working forever now, and it's clearly visible that it does work, but you alone say it doesn't.

I calculated for cooked, just made a mistake. After 6 hours you're trough about 1/3 of your meat by spoiling.

I don't know how stasis works exactly but say we're near/in render distance of our babies, they barely eat. Soon as we go out/offline, they're pretty much starving... doesn't make sense but this is happening for real.

So I noticed this recently as well with not just babies but adult dinos'.  I think a bug(fix for water/wall glitch raising babies)  may have been introduced recently where dinos in general do not eat unless someone is logged into the game.  Perhaps create an afk pen for your character to keep they logged into the game?

16 minutes ago, djcalves said:

use water breeding yo

Eventually they are going to fix the water breeding so we need the devs to be aware of these issues. There is many ways to fix it. Make meat stack in hundreds, introduce refrigerated troughs, slow down food consumption by a lot, a special baby food made in industrial cooker that wont spoil etc.

3 hours ago, Crows said:

I don't know how stasis works exactly but say we're near/in render distance of our babies, they barely eat. Soon as we go out/offline, they're pretty much starving... doesn't make sense but this is happening for real.

Did you account for cooked meat giving less food value and the fact when they de-stasis they rapidly eat food?

Maybe someone is destasising your tribe to kill ur babies? 

Yes theres a food glitch, but two gigas consume a monstorous amount of food..

15 minutes ago, YellowJacket said:

There's your issue.

Don't ask why but if you abuse that water glitch the babies consume insane amounts of food when in stasis. If you're breeding normally stasis works just fine.

Even before the patch/update? on PS4, we don't have the update yet til 2 or so more days where people are reporting that the water glitch was fixed or made much more "harsher." 

Was always like that for me, not all dinos did it but rex, giga and daeodon yes, if I was having them in water and went out of the base 5 min or offline for  abit all troughs were empty when I came back, no matter how much meat I put there....

As I said don't ask me why the raptor that's the case but it is like it is, and can't really complain that a glitch is bugged......

I now went away from that and raise everything in normal stasis on an iceberg again and it works perfectly fine as it always did.

What works if you really want to water breed is to just set up a chair next to where you breed (in a way so rain refills your water) and just let your pc run 24/7.

16 minutes ago, YellowJacket said:

Was always like that for me, not all dinos did it but rex, giga and daeodon yes, if I was having them in water and went out of the base 5 min or offline for  abit all troughs were empty when I came back, no matter how much meat I put there....

As I said don't ask me why the raptor that's the case but it is like it is, and can't really complain that a glitch is bugged......

I now went away from that and raise everything in normal stasis on an iceberg again and it works perfectly fine as it always did.

What works if you really want to water breed is to just set up a chair next to where you breed (in a way so rain refills your water) and just let your pc run 24/7.

That makes sense, we're on an iceberg too (not sure if I already mentioned that) so thanks and yes, can't complain about a glitch.

17 hours ago, Crows said:

I think there is a "feature" that if the feedign throughs are out of the rendering range (so no one is around) then their content quickly disappears. I believe it's not the dinos who are eating the content of the feeding through, but this bug is the culprit.  There is definitely flaky with the feeding throghs, you might give a test

-----

I'm breeding tusos's for 2 weeks on an unofficial server (increased growth speed but no change on food consumption), we need 36 hours to have an octopus grown. When I can't care about them, I just pull them to the edge of the map and put cooked meat IN THEIR INVENTORY (nod in feeding through).

I conducted several tests (even today, left them alone at midnight and checked them at 7am), my results are that one Tuso requires 100 cooked meat / hour (that covers the rotting as well) when they are far away from the players. My several breeds succesfully managed to survive almost a full day with 2K cooked meat.

One side effect: maybe the food consumption is reduced in stasis because the tusos barely heal themselves. At the end of their growth their HP is less than 50% of their maximum, so they look very bloody... nevertheless, it is a good tradeoff to be able to breed these animals unattended to the working class people like me :D

-----------

So my suggestions:

A. try to put the cooked meat in the dino inventory and check if they are still consume food like crazy

B. Place your dinos to an abandoned area, and keep them out of rendering range all time

C. Avoid feeding through if no one in rendering range....

Archived