Server Tame Cap

AlphaCarno

One of my friends just brought up a perfect point, besides not being able to see the tame cap being an issue noobs join like everyday. If there was a visual tame cap on each server before joining people would know not to before hand. Although we don't have enough servers for all the ark players and considering tame cap, it would make it easier to find a "stable" server and keep noobs off nearly full ones.

There are 1-2, maybe 3000 servers. Last time I checked PvP only in US where someone claimed he visited all servers and counter about 820 servers.

Every can hold 70 people, so in total around 100K players could play at the same time, not counting experimental 100 players servers or Unofficials.

I doubt there are "not enough servers for all the players" but I don't think having a tame limit bar or any indication would be a bad idea.

13 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

There are 1-2, maybe 3000 servers. Last time I checked PvP only in US where someone claimed he visited all servers and counter about 820 servers.

Every can hold 70 people, so in total around 100K players could play at the same time, not counting experimental 100 players servers or Unofficials.

I doubt there are "not enough servers for all the players" but I don't think having a tame limit bar or any indication would be a bad idea.

From what I heard pve supposedly has a cap of 9,500 dinos. Whether this is more or not, if the server had a total of 70 people(not counting people logging off and new coming) each person could only have 135 dinos. While that is quite a bit, we have about 90 tameble dinos on the ark. Just getting 1 of each would take you down to 45 dinos left. Then you have eggers and breeders.

1 hour ago, AlphaCarno said:

From what I heard pve supposedly has a cap of 9,500 dinos. Whether this is more or not, if the server had a total of 70 people(not counting people logging off and new coming) each person could only have 135 dinos. While that is quite a bit, we have about 90 tameble dinos on the ark. Just getting 1 of each would take you down to 45 dinos left. Then you have eggers and breeders.

You should have a tribe limit of 400 dinos on Officials as far as I know. Even though there are 90 dinos, you don't need every single one of even the majority of dinos.

1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

You should have a tribe limit of 400 dinos on Officials as far as I know. Even though there are 90 dinos, you don't need every single one of even the majority of dinos.

31 minutes ago, Lexii said:

I thought the caps on PVE where 4000, even with the 400 tribe limit?

Its a 500 dino tame cap limit on pve, and if it was 4k we'd be well over it by now xD and that is true, but thanks to kib trees :) i've had to stick to using mutton on most of my tames :| 

1 hour ago, AsukaETS said:

New players don't have enough info when it's time to choose a server, result : Our server is more than crowded and new players come everyday, make a tiny base, tame some dinos and left because every place is taken and we are dino caped :/ 
Maybe they should close crowded servers to new people or something like this

I had an idea where you would get a "membership" to a server by joining. It is relieved from you after 8 days(time it takes for dinos to be claimed). But even then it would allow 70 people which is way to much.

1 hour ago, Twizya said:

I'm sorry but why have a DINO tame limit and then keep releasing new dinos after every 2-3 patches?? isn't that a freaking slap in the face?

What? Solutions? a pair of each dino for kibble.... that's it

man i wish they would just get their $hit together already. 

1. You don't need every dino

2. You don't need kibble farms for every dino

3. You can get rid of old dinos if you want to tame new released ones.

4. They're done with releasing dinos

So calm down and adapt to the system rather than insult the devs.

1 hour ago, Twizya said:

I'm sorry but why have a DINO tame limit and then keep releasing new dinos after every 2-3 patches?? isn't that a freaking slap in the face?

They will at official release.

3 hours ago, AlphaCarno said:

I had an idea where you would get a "membership" to a server by joining. It is relieved from you after 8 days(time it takes for dinos to be claimed). But even then it would allow 70 people which is way to much.

There is supposed to be 70 people on the server. 70 isn't enough. I can't believe people are acting this way now that the game is older. Just selfishness 

9 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

There is supposed to be 70 people on the server. 70 isn't enough. I can't believe people are acting this way now that the game is older. Just selfishness 

a server can only have so many people... it only has so much land/resources/tame cap. We have like only 3-4 people on our server that breed for muts and somehow we constantly go over. Also, you can download dinos while a servers at cap. Taking it way over, so DeningWei has a good point.

11 hours ago, Twizya said:

Maybe if its that much of a deal to you you should go play PvP and kill some enemy dinos to reduce the numbers. Might help with your anger issue too.

12 hours ago, AlphaCarno said:

a server can only have so many people... it only has so much land/resources/tame cap. We have like only 3-4 people on our server that breed for muts and somehow we constantly go over. Also, you can download dinos while a servers at cap. Taking it way over, so DeningWei has a good point.

Just because some people might be bad people and think their gaming experience is more important than others doesn't mean that they are actually important at all.

once people stop being so selfish than this game can go back to its former glory. The only time people used to complain about there being too many people was when there was 70/70 or 100/100 people on the server and people couldn't get on.

so now people like you complain that there is 3-4 people on breeding and that has made you experience bad? Wow, hey maybe if everyone stops playing you might have enough room to have all the Dino's you want. Good point? ? Not at all

9 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Just because some people might be bad people and think their gaming experience is more important than others doesn't mean that they are actually important at all.

once people stop being so selfish than this game can go back to its former glory. The only time people used to complain about there being too many people was when there was 70/70 or 100/100 people on the server and people couldn't get on.

so now people like you complain that there is 3-4 people on breeding and that has made you experience bad? Wow, hey maybe if everyone stops playing you might have enough room to have all the Dino's you want. Good point? ? Not at all

a) being rude solves nothing with this issue

b) were playing on PVE because we WANT to have more dinos. We WANT to breed mutations, which necessarily means having several if not dozens of the same dino.

That being said, we need a server tame counter. I dont understand why that is so unbelievably hard for you to understand. If you dont think you need multiples of dinos, then thats fine for YOUR play style. Not everyones. 

1 hour ago, Sardonyx said:

a) being rude solves nothing with this issue

b) were playing on PVE because we WANT to have more dinos. We WANT to breed mutations, which necessarily means having several if not dozens of the same dino.

That being said, we need a server tame counter. I dont understand why that is so unbelievably hard for you to understand. If you dont think you need multiples of dinos, then thats fine for YOUR play style. Not everyones. 

Ok so basically your play style is to not let anyone have dinos. Hey that's all good, I mean I guess that is your right.

my play style is to let everyone be able to join the game and not just think of myself

21 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Ok so basically your play style is to not let anyone have dinos. Hey that's all good, I mean I guess that is your right.

my play style is to let everyone be able to join the game and not just think of myself

Not that at all.  It's to encourage a more even distribution of players.  That way you don't get some servers that are nearly dead and other servers that people just keep piling into that are constantly over the cap.

Having a tame counter would help people choose the right server for the gameplay they are expecting.  It's no good having noobs come to a server and not be able to achieve much and getting the wrong idea about the game when just a couple of spots down the list there's another server with plenty of space under the cap.

If a server is at cap then why should transfers be allowed? Obviously the server is not intended to handle the extra load of somebody transferring in all their dinos.  Not only that but it's decreasing the quality of their gameplay, laggier server and not able to tame or breed.

I'd even go one step further and disable timeout claiming so there's actually a dino sink on the server and numbers have a way to reduce on their own.

And just remember, for every breeder there's another 10 average players, if not more.  Having 4 big breeders to a server seems about right.  I know on my server we don't really have any big breeders.  I do a fair bit and so does a few others but nothing like some of the big breeders on the trade forums.

I agree with the the fact that it would be nice to have more information about a server before joining it. Counts for unofficials aswell, maybe even more for them seeing as to how many variations you have in unofficials.

What i dont agree with is the reason WHY you want it. You bring forth a very disrespectfull opinion about new players. If not for these new players the game would get very stale, we should welcome them on the servers and teach them the ways as veterans instead of shoo'ing them off to other servers. Before you know it people start complaining their servers are dead and wonder why.

Archived