Toxic Mod Developers

Scipizoa

As some of all you know, a great mod was DMCA'd by a Toxic Mod Developer, because this person claimed that the mod was a "carbon copy" I don't see how its a carbon copy if said mod dev doesn't own the code to the game they are modding for.

Not to mention none of the items in their mod were custom images or content, it was all from the dev kit., So how is it someone gets to file a false DMCA, I feel like theres a copyright infrigement here due to that fact that this mod dev is claiming that they owns the coding inside the devkit.

I feel like wildcard should make an example of this modder, i'm not gonna post names, but to give you all a clue as to what I am talking about, The mods I am refering to is the dino stats reset potion and the DMCA'd and removed dino mindwipe mod.

I'm sorry if i do not have all the facts straight about DMCA, but i feel in my heart that something wrong has happened here, and may open the flood gates for more copycat DMCA's like this to occure, Just because a mod does a similar thing[ or even better]

I'd like to have the ark community chime in on this, what are you thoughs on the matter,

9 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Well. As far as I know, you can DMCA your idea, even if ressources used by it are fair share.

If you had a great idea, and sosmeone copies it, you can file in a DMCA. Like patents.

but that idea would have to come from scratched,  obviously it was more then doable in the dev kit, so it originally wasn't said persons right to claim that idea as their, its the devs idea, they just never made it official because they wanted to modding community to expand upon it.

4 minutes ago, Scipizoa said:

but that idea would have to come from scratched,  obviously it was more then doable in the dev kit, so it originally wasn't said persons right to claim that idea as their, its the devs idea, they just never made it official because they wanted to modding community to expand upon it.

I referred to the exact idea: "Mindwipe for dinos"

Like for example shoes exist in real world, but if you make "shoes for millipedes" it's your own idea and you can DMCA "sneakers for millipedes"

Archived