Raft Building Trick (30 second is all it takes, fewer resources)

EUArkServer

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I wouldn't get too used to sinking foundations in rafts. The devs said it's a bug and they are removing it soon.

they cant exactly remove those snappoints tho, I wish em the best of luck fixing this method. :) I would find it ashame if they actually do manage  to "fix it" cuz this allows for fully enclosed rafts. Considering the creature they've put out, wouldn't make sense to me. An approach that Terraria had way back with hoiking would be better, basicly a bug that got accepted as a useful gamefeature. Allowing tons of building options.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, EUArkServer said:

they cant exactly remove those snappoints tho, I wish em the best of luck fixing this method. :) I would find it ashame if they actually do manage  to "fix it" cuz this allows for fully enclosed rafts. Considering the creature they've put out, wouldn't make sense to me. An approach that Terraria had way back with hoiking would be better, basicly a bug that got accepted as a useful gamefeature. Allowing tons of building options.

This doesn't enclose anything. You can sink a metal foundation in a raft and the Leed attack ignores it and sinks the raft.

10 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I wouldn't get too used to sinking foundations in rafts. The devs said it's a bug and they are removing it soon.

How about maybe first fixing the glitch where you can drive your enclosed boat into another person's boat/structure, put C4 on their boat/pillars/walls, then drive your boat away and set off the C4 (which is still on that other structure)?  Seems like that would be a much bigger issue than sinking foundations.

15 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

The devs said it's a bug and they are removing it soon

then they should att snap points for ceilings on the raft because without low foundations rafts are really ugly.

or may be dont allow building higher tier than wood on wooden raft and higher than metal on motorboat?

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

This doesn't enclose anything. You can sink a metal foundation in a raft and the Leed attack ignores it and sinks the raft.

I haven't been playing for like a year, however. This is only a vid on how to get the foundations ready, this build i extend with ceilings out and also walls downward so it's entirely encased. Can it still hit the raft than? cuz that creates quite abit of distance between walls and raft/foundations. If it does that's kinda mad :P 

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, EUArkServer said:

I haven't been playing for like a year, however. This is only a vid on how to get the foundations ready, this build i extend with ceilings out and also walls downward so it's entirely encased. Can it still hit the raft than? cuz that creates quite abit of distance between walls and raft/foundations. If it does that's kinda mad :P 

Yup. A guy on Youtube tested out builds that extended like 5 walls or so away and the Leed still gets to the raft.

I do agree, they look much better sunken. Maybe someday the way we build on rafts will be tweaked for the better.

2 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Yup. A guy on Youtube tested out builds that extended like 5 walls or so away and the Leed still gets to the raft.

I do agree, they look much better sunken. Maybe someday the way we build on rafts will be tweaked for the better.

Maybe that creature deserves a rework than tho lol wth

Imo they should just go with it, allow it to snap to the railing foundations and inside of the raft instead of having to use the pillar trick I showed. Tho that would take up 8 more of the allowed items u can place. While if they allow the 'bug', can snap 4 in there without having any extra on the raft to accomplish it.. Building a nice raft is hard as is, it'd be a step back really. :/

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, EUArkServer said:

Maybe that creature deserves a rework than tho lol wth

Imo they should just go with it, allow it to snap to the railing foundations and inside of the raft instead of having to use the pillar trick I showed. Tho that would take up 8 more of the allowed items u can place. While if they allow the 'bug', can snap 4 in there without having any extra on the raft to accomplish it.. Building a nice raft is hard as is, it'd be a step back really. :/

Well I think the intention is that the ocean is dangerous, no matter what. It's like walking around on land, you have to watch out for wild gigas, period, and if you don't stay clear of them, you lose. 

The Leed is just the giga of the ocean for rafts.

but you can defend your base from gigas and actually avoid em. I dont know, aint seen or encountered it yet but these sound OP. They aggro easily? I kinda hope they step up their game soon with the console editions so we can finally disable creatures cuz this just doesnt seem balanced. :/ Raft building was my favorite... Then again, it'll give me reason to build new ones i suppose if i get wrecked. :')

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, Housatonic said:

You can defend from a leeds as well.
Stay in or near the shallows.
Keep some species X, turrets, water tames around to murder it.
Have a tribemate scout ahead and kill them.

They're actually total sissies against anything that isn't a raft.

You can also have a tribemate tossing honey into the water to distract leeds while you're trying to escape.

Archived