ARK Two Year Anniversary & Community Crunch 94!

Jatheish

3 hours ago, Jat said:

large.574f502fb97d5_ARKBirthday.jpg

As of today, Friday the 2nd of June, ARK: Survival Evolved will be celebrating its second birthday. It has been two years since we've entered Early Access and a lot crazy and exciting things have happened since then. We'll be celebrating this event by running a special Evolution Event:

Evolution Event: BIRTHDAY!

large.EvoEvent.png

Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It's already live now and will remain active until Monday the 5th at 1PM EST. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rate
2x Taming Rate
2x EXP Rate
2x Baby Mature Speed
2x Egg Hatch and Gestation Speed
2x Mating Interval (LESS!)

That isn't all! Survivors will also be able to craft a special piece of cake at a cooking pot, which will grant them the magical Loot Booster buff! It increases the rarity and value of any Supply Crate, or Loot Box you open! (This is currently live on all platforms, so you'll be able to craft the special celebratory cake!).

Thank you all so much for your ongoing support the last two years and making ARK such an awesome game!

We love you and are looking forward to the good times ahead, together!

All the best

:Jerblove:

Studio Wildcard 

View full article

@Jat I have a request..if you see this. Can this event at least be for the entire week? Don't take this the wrong way but this was put out with no warning which gave no prep time especially after what just happened with patch 258.3 - A lot of the damage done by that patch was Giga loss. The amount of friends/people that have lost Giga babies is staggering. Not to mention everything else that was lost. With this current event, it's just enough time to incubate a new Giga egg, get it through baby phase and maybe 5-10% if you can zoom through it without delay. It helps a little bit but especially without warning someone like me doesn't have access to new eggs instantly. I purchased max melee eggs and have to try and find more to panic hatch through this event while I can. 

If this is to be made to a week long, it at least gives people more breathing room to try and make up for the time lost with the patch accident. I had a ton of friends/acquaintances quit because of what they lost, perhaps this would be a bit of solace to come back and support the game again.

If there could also be a bit of clarification on what the CS team is willing to restore from dino death - Are they able to do what they can to restore in the process of raising dinos (gigas especially)? My tribemate and I had 2 Gigas at 80% raise. One at 85% imprint (would have hit 100%) and mine at 75%. I know stuff happens and it wasn't intentional from the devs but a loss like that is very hard to brush off and start over. Lots of waking up in the middle of the night to imprint more or less wasted. Is anything being done about babies that weren't matured?

Hope this can be made to be a week long so we can try and recover from losing Gigas (there are tons and tons of people who lost them). While CS restoring dinos/babies may not be a full option for some people, if you were to make the event last the week it would give the players a lot more of an option to personally recover in their own way and get exactly what they want and sort of give them a reset. 

Regards, Nova.

Edited by JonSnowNova

17 minutes ago, JonSnowNova said:

@Jat I have a request..if you see this. Can this event at least be for the entire week? Don't take this the wrong way but this was put out with no warning which gave no prep time especially after what just happened with patch 258.3 - A lot of the damage done by that patch was Giga loss. The amount of friends/people that have lost Giga babies is staggering. Not to mention everything else that was lost. With this current event, it's just enough time to incubate a new Giga egg, get it through baby phase and maybe 5-10% if you can zoom through it without delay. It helps a little bit but especially without warning someone like me doesn't have access to new eggs instantly. I purchased max melee eggs and have to try and find more to panic hatch through this event while I can. 

If this is to be made to a week long, it at least gives people more breathing room to try and make up for the time lost with the patch accident. I had a ton of friends/acquaintances quit because of what they lost, perhaps this would be a bit of solace to come back and support the game again.

If there could also be a bit of clarification on what the CS team is willing to restore from dino death - Are they able to do what they can to restore in the process of raising dinos (gigas especially)? My tribemate and I had 2 Gigas at 80% raise. One at 85% imprint (would have hit 100%) and mine at 75%. I know stuff happens and it wasn't intentional from the devs but a loss like that is very hard to brush off and start over. Lots of waking up in the middle of the night to imprint more or less wasted. Is anything being done about babies that weren't matured?

Hope this can be made to be a week long so we can try and recover from losing Gigas (there are tons and tons of people who lost them). While CS restoring dinos/babies may not be a full option for some people, if you were to make the event last the week it would give the players a lot more of an option to personally recover in their own way and get exactly what they want and sort of give them a reset. 

Regards, Nova.

Agreed. Would be nice if they could somehow do that, so wouldnt be a total loss from those who lost their dinos

29 minutes ago, JonSnowNova said:

Regards, Nova.

I 100% agree with this. Not just because having a week of this would be extremely beneficial for people who raise dinos that take forever to raise, but also because yes, the recent patch screwed a lot of people over. I also have multiple friends who are quitting or depressed/giving up for a while because of the losses they suffered. The patch not only killed dinosaurs being raised, but made alliances who work together to raise useless for an entire day. My own dinos almost all starved to death since the troughs they eat off of are alliance shared and belong to my neighbor. I had to rush to bring in a quetz with troughs just to save them all. And all the fridges of food, kibble, fert eggs, and boxes of my gear are in their tribe name too, which means i had no access to anything i needed for nearly the full day. To recoup losses, and keep people from giving up on your game, this needs to be at least somewhat helped out by longer time given towards 2x raising/maturing/hatching so on. Give people time at least to hatch and raise a giga during the event since that's mostly what everyone lost that I know. 

32 minutes ago, JonSnowNova said:

Regards, Nova.

Lots 4 gigas myself, not sure if I'll get them back. This suggestions doesnt sound half bad. 

36 minutes ago, JonSnowNova said:

Regards, Nova.

+1 agree. I lost 4 giga's, 2 with mutations because of that patch mess up. You did the valentines event for over a week so there's no reason why you cant extend it now. At least this time you have put a cap on tames on PvE so there's no excuse not to do it now. 

51 minutes ago, JonSnowNova said:

Regards, Nova.

100% agree - I saw your gorgeous maturing dinos and (for real) cried when I heard or your losses. Not including the strechy glitch all over your base (looks like a brownish sail was opened high above and over it.

Perhaps I'll take the time for some sheep breeeding later. Good luck for you.

3 hours ago, JonSnowNova said:

Regards, Nova.

Agree! Lost a perfect combo therizino, an unicorn, dimetrodons, etc...why not let us a week? If you set that in advance few days would have been ok but this is a surprise and I am sure a lot of people still haven't discovered it is live

2 hours ago, JonSnowNova said:

Regards, Nova.

Tho I did not lose any dinos to the update as I do all my breeding on SE, I do agree that 1 week would be better as this was kind of dropped suddenly and there are several people who had already planned to spend time over the weekend and not on ark that are going to miss the majority of the benefit, also like it was mentioned no time to plan and gather up and pre incubate eggs for the event.

3 hours ago, Morticielle said:

2x works atm only for XP, harvesting and taming, the bonus for Baby Mature Speed, Egg Hatch and Gestation Speed and 2x Mating Interval (LESS!) does not work (Official Server EU-PVE-TheCenter627)!

Working completely fine on 186, also EU-PVE-TheCenter. 

Happy birthday ARK. Let's cross our fingers for another good year!