Jat

What creatures would you like to see on the ARK?

I was going through my Dnd monster manual 1,2,3 and thought i would love to see more Dinos, and mutant creatures like Abberation is bringing in, but if they go for more Mythological creatures the things i would love to see are. Animal that hunt like they would in real life example, while watching Jurrasic park they talk about Raptors attacking in packs one stares while two come in from the sides.Crocodiles wait underwater and ambush animals grabingg them and pulling them down into the water. Comstrictor snakes can grab and squeeze until victim dies.2 ice map. 3 water map bery few islands cave under water witj air in the pockets.4 pick pocket engram.5 shovel and bry treasure chest engram.6quicksand and other natural dangers.7 armors for all tameable creatures.8 living pants tamable.9 giant octouss.10 hiant taranchula,Basilisk,hydra,Chimera.Pagasus,Gorilla or Dire Ape,Dire lion, Dire Bat,Dire Rat,Dragon Turtle,Dragonne,Frost Worm,Giants,Harpy,Hippogriff,Merfolk,Centaur,Minotaur,Naga,Ooze,pseudodragon,Aboleth,Purple worm,Remorhaz,Satyre,Bulette.Seacat,Sphinx,Spidereater or giant wasp that is a flyer that can cause Tapor, Spider swarms,locus swarms tjat feed on your plants fruits,milking cows and prime slaughter meat,Treant,polar bears,War Horses,Giant Raven, Giant Buzzards,Morkoth,Myconid,Giant Ticks,Dragon Eel,Siege Crab,Mountain Troll,Slaughter Stone Behemoth or machine creatures you can manufacture,11 Sub marine, 12 western wagon,13 Tee Pee,14 better Architechrture engrams such as steps etc and boat architechtures instead of just a raft. I hope to see some of these ideas incorporated into the game slowly as they bring more maps engram and build this game into something better and better. I cannot wait to see the Map Abberation and others to come. What an amazingly fun game. Imagine a Raptor attack that coud jump and pin you to the ground these things i hope to see. Peace and love have fun and imagine big.

Rhedosaurus    56
2 hours ago, Macrauchenia said:

This game is doomed.... People only wish for Myths and real world animals now. Seems like the I-like-the-guest-characters-more-than-actual-mortal-Kombat-characters gang has found ARK...

The users putting out grocery lists of animals, be they modern, prehistoric, or fantasy, with no context for how they would work are more irritating to me.

• Thanks 2

Mdubb0303    4

I think a Ragnarok (fantasy) type boss would be neat. Like cerberus, minotaur, or a behemoth. Also, an underwater boss fight could be interesting. Hydra, kraken, or leviathan. As for tames, I wouldn't mind more fantasy creatures on ragnarok, pegasus, chymeria, and cockatrice come to mind. More under water tames would be nice too, like a water wyvern (leviathan/hydra?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2017 at 3:41 PM, WinterSpectre said:

These are some creatures I'd like to see added that would add some useful features to the game.

Koolasuchus: Found in the snow and redwood lakes, larger than a kapro, very fast in water but cripplingly slow on land.

Rideable

A very patient but highly aggressive creature it waits motionless until players and creatures get too close and uses a crush ability with its giant head that acts like a bear trap causing immobility for 10-20 seconds. Uses high damage attacks or drowning due to the crush attack to finish prey.

Cryolophosaurus: Found in the snow and redwoods (Ragnarok), similar in size to megalosaurus, identified by its colorful crest.

Rideable

A nocturnal predator that hunts in twos adapted to tracking prey long distances in the polar forests. It can track footprints of wild or tamed creatures, or players if they are recent (25 min?)

Shantungosaurus: Found in Jungle and scorched earth, equal in size to Rex, highly resilient.

Rideable with 3 seats

A temperamental solitary herbivore that acts as a bulwark giving a defensive damage resistance boost to all herbivores nearby, very powerful but slow. Not affected by Yutyrannus roar.

Prognathodon: Found in the deep ocean, similar in size to megalodon, thick powerful flippers and many osteoderms

Rideable

A smaller Mosasaur with an extremely powerful bite, it excels at punching through armor. It feeds mainly off turtles and ammonites due to its crushing teeth. Neutralizes armor bonus of creatures with damage reduction bonus by 85%. Very difficult to tame with rapid torpor drop and requires food from its prey of choice: ammonite bile. 

I had another idea to add to this after reading so many others asking about a torpor flyer so here's what I came up with

Moganopterus: Found near caves and often within, somewhere around pteranodon size, nocturnally aggressive, identified by long mouth and many fangs 

Rideable

A voracious varient of its true-to-life version, this subspecies of Moganopterus has turned to hunting terrestrial creatures instead of fish. With its long jaws lined with protruding fangs it's developed a quick acting toxin that sedates any creature it can't outright catch and kill. Has very high damage, but a body that's somewhat fragile. Faster than pteranodon, but burns stamina at double rate in daylight

IMG_0030.JPG

• Like 3

Nch1418    115
7 hours ago, WinterSpectre said:

I had another idea to add to this after reading so many others asking about a torpor flyer so here's what I came up with

Moganopterus: Found near caves and often within, somewhere around pteranodon size, nocturnally aggressive, identified by long mouth and many fangs 

Rideable

A voracious varient of its true-to-life version, this subspecies of Moganopterus has turned to hunting terrestrial creatures instead of fish. With its long jaws lined with protruding fangs it's developed a quick acting toxin that sedates any creature it can't outright catch and kill. Has very high damage, but a body that's somewhat fragile. Faster than pteranodon, but burns stamina at double rate in daylight

IMG_0030.JPG

Some really great ideas. I suggested a few of these myself a while ago. My only concern is about the Koolasuchus being rideable from the post of yours you quoted. Since it was such a low-set amphibian, I feel like it probably would only be rideable in water like the Diplocaulus.

• Like 1

danlillis    32
7 hours ago, Nch1418 said:

Some really great ideas. I suggested a few of these myself a while ago. My only concern is about the Koolasuchus being rideable from the post of yours you quoted. Since it was such a low-set amphibian, I feel like it probably would only be rideable in water like the Diplocaulus.

totaly agreed maybe or just have a water surprise attacker similar to purlovia but for water @[email protected] meheheh. oh and it haveing a similar ablite to pick up small dinosaurus in its mouth and humans like a kapro im sure many people would hate this. >: D

Edited by danlillis

Nch1418    115
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:15 AM, danlillis said:

totaly agreed maybe or just have a water surprise attacker similar to purlovia but for water @[email protected] meheheh. oh and it haveing a similar ablite to pick up small dinosaurus in its mouth and humans like a kapro im sure many people would hate this. >: D

Maybe, but then again, being able to pick up creatures and players via flyers or other creatures has been a thing pretty much from day one. I just take it as is. What makes the Kaprosuchus bad is the fact you have no warning when you are about to be attacked and it is really hard to free yourself once caught. I really think knives for self-defense would come in real handy for those types of situations. The Megalosaurus I think is balanced by the fact it is nocturnal and can only be used for a reasonable amount of time during the night. During the day, Megalosaurus is pretty sluggish and narcoleptic, so it poses little threat then. There are plenty of other creatures I feel should have this ability, but don't. The Tyrannosaurus and other theropods I feel should have this carry ability also. It would be cool if you could then decide whether to just hold a creature/player in your creature's mouth or devour it whole like the Tyrant Class dinosaurs in Primal Carnage Extinction.

ZombiePlague    32
On 8/1/2017 at 4:35 PM, ZombiePlague said:

I would love to see another flyer like

Tropeognathus is a genus of large pterosaurs from the late Cretaceous Period of South America. It was a member of the Ornithocheiridae (alternately Anhangueridae), a group of pterosaurs known for their keel-tipped snouts, and was closely related to species of the genus Anhanguera. They had 27-29 foot wing spans.

this could be an amazing more aggressive flyer then the Pteranodon with some fur and nasty teeth

If you look at the bottom they are between the size of a Quetz and a Ptera

IMG_1516.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_1519.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ZombiePlague    32
On 8/12/2017 at 3:36 PM, ZombiePlague said:

Gorgonopsid - Was essentially a bear-sized saber-toothed dog-lizard with a 3-foot-long skull. Gorgonopsids of the genus Inostrancevia were even larger -- about the size of a rhino -- with canines roughly 4 inches long. Gorgonopsids were the dominant predator on land for the bulk of the Permian period, only being wiped out by the Permian-Triassic extinction event, which rebooted 90 percent of all life on Earth.

IMG_1598.JPG

On 8/12/2017 at 3:38 PM, ZombiePlague said:

Andrewsarchus (/ˌændruːˈsɑːrkəs/) is an extinct genus of mammal that lived during the middle Eocene epoch in what is now Inner Mongolia, China. Only one species is usually recognized, A. mongoliensis, known from a single skull of great size discovered in 1923 during the expeditions to central Asia by the American Museum of Natural History

These posts show the three Dinosaurs I would really like to see be added to the game and descriptions I have found about them.

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

• Like 2

Snoopy    6

Sea Creatures that I'd like to see in the game

Placodus: Basically a marine lizard. This creature's purpose is pearls. Chances for getting a black pearl from a trilobite is increased, and the amount of silica pearls harvested from trilobites will be increased as well.

Archelon: This turtle's main purpose will be biotoxin. It'll have the ability to go on land, and water. With it being a sea turtle, it's movement speed will be impaired on land. The turtle will be immune to jellyfish stings, and will do extra damage to jellyfish.

Kronosaurus: Basically the rex of the sea. The Kronosaurus will offer a good amount of movement speed and a good amount of health, along with a good amount of damage. Great for farming fish meat underwater for your baby water tames.

Kibble Tree/Egg Concepts

The Placodus will have to be in the water to lay eggs, just like the dimetrodon. Its eggs will be used for the Archelon. The Placodus will require Pulmonoscorpius Kibble.

The Archelon has to be on sand, or really shallow water to lay eggs, just like a regular turtle would. Its eggs will be used for the Kronosaurus.

The Kronosaurus eggs can then be possibly used for Liopleurodon? Or it can just be to determined, for future marine dinosaurs.

Let me know what you guys think! Is there anything you'd change or add?

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 3

Snoopy    6

Land Creatures that I'd like to see in the game

Albertosaurus: This dinosaur's purpose would be to slow other dino's movement speed. With its powerful jaws, its bite would render your target wounded, or just injured. No bleed effect, just impaired movement.

Jenghizkhanosaurus: This dinosaur would be perfect for meat runs. It's a bit smaller than the Rex, and has powerful back legs that will let it sprint fast for catching up to prey. It'll have low base melee damage, but will do increased damage to wild tames (for balancing of its speed). Since it has a ridiculously  long name and strange name, it can be called the Khanosaurus for short. This dinosaur will stand in a slight upright position.

Tarbosaurus: This dinosaur is just basically the stronger version of the Rex; it's for war/pvp. It'll be slightly larger than the rex. There needs to be more variety to the game, and I'm tired of seeing rexes. To make this more unique, it's disgusting bite, from it's bacteria laced jaws, will slow the enemy by 5% and do just a small bit of damage over the span of 60 second. OR it'll be able to pick up dinosaurs in its mouth, just like the Megalosaurus. This dinosaur will stand in a slight upright position. (How cool would it be to have another war dino, that stands tall, than a boring rex!? :) )

Yangchuanosaurus: This dinosaur's purpose will be executing humans. With it's sharp teeth, and ability to open up it's jaws wider than most other hunting dinos, it makes for a perfect human executioner on the battlefield.

Saltasaurus: This armor-plated sauropod will be part of the new tank meta, It's large, has armor, and it's ironic, but actual name "Saltasaurus" would fit the war dinosaur criteria. This dinosaur will have a platform saddle, and will have slow movement speed when getting attacked.  

Kibble Tree/Egg Concepts

The kibble tree can go many different ways. It can start off with the kaprosuchus, or yutyrannus, since those two dinosaurs' eggs don't have any use. Here are my ideas though.

Albertosaurus: Will require Kapro Kibble, and will provide eggs for the Yangchuanosaurus.

Yangchuanosaurus: Will require Albertosaurus eggs, and will provide eggs for the Khanosaurus (Jenghizkhanosaurus).

Khanosaurus (Jenghizkhanosaurus): Will require Yangchuanosaurus eggs, and will provide eggs for the Saltasaurus.

Saltasaurus: Will require Khanosaurus eggs, and its eggs will either go for the Tarbosaurus, or just be determined for some other future dinosaur.

Tarbosaurus: Will require a massive amount of yutyrannus eggs/Saltasaurus, and provides eggs for (???) To be determined.

• Like 2

Macrauchenia    18
On 19-9-2017 at 4:50 AM, Snoopy said:

Land Creatures that I'd like to see in the game

Albertosaurus: This dinosaur's purpose would be to slow other dino's movement speed. With its powerful jaws, its bite would render your target wounded, or just injured. No bleed effect, just impaired movement.

Jenghizkhanosaurus: This dinosaur would be perfect for meat runs. It's a bit smaller than the Rex, and has powerful back legs that will let it sprint fast for catching up to prey. It'll have low base melee damage, but will do increased damage to wild tames (for balancing of its speed). Since it has a ridiculously  long name and strange name, it can be called the Khanosaurus for short. This dinosaur will stand in a slight upright position.

Tarbosaurus: This dinosaur is just basically the stronger version of the Rex; it's for war/pvp. It'll be slightly larger than the rex. There needs to be more variety to the game, and I'm tired of seeing rexes. To make this more unique, it's disgusting bite, from it's bacteria laced jaws, will slow the enemy by 5% and do just a small bit of damage over the span of 60 second. OR it'll be able to pick up dinosaurs in its mouth, just like the Megalosaurus. This dinosaur will stand in a slight upright position. (How cool would it be to have another war dino, that stands tall, than a boring rex!? :) )

Yangchuanosaurus: This dinosaur's purpose will be executing humans. With it's sharp teeth, and ability to open up it's jaws wider than most other hunting dinos, it makes for a perfect human executioner on the battlefield.

Saltasaurus: This armor-plated sauropod will be part of the new tank meta, It's large, has armor, and it's ironic, but actual name "Saltasaurus" would fit the war dinosaur criteria. This dinosaur will have a platform saddle, and will have slow movement speed when getting attacked.  

Kibble Tree/Egg Concepts

The kibble tree can go many different ways. It can start off with the kaprosuchus, or yutyrannus, since those two dinosaurs' eggs don't have any use. Here are my ideas though.

Albertosaurus: Will require Kapro Kibble, and will provide eggs for the Yangchuanosaurus.

Yangchuanosaurus: Will require Albertosaurus eggs, and will provide eggs for the Khanosaurus (Jenghizkhanosaurus).

Khanosaurus (Jenghizkhanosaurus): Will require Yangchuanosaurus eggs, and will provide eggs for the Saltasaurus.

Saltasaurus: Will require Khanosaurus eggs, and its eggs will either go for the Tarbosaurus, or just be determined for some other future dinosaur.

Tarbosaurus: Will require a massive amount of yutyrannus eggs/Saltasaurus, and provides eggs for (???) To be determined.

Why so many  T.Rex clones? No truly different creatures at all?

Nobody has any love for Tanystropheus?