Jatheish

What creatures would you like to see on the ARK?

On Mon Jan 25 2016 at 11:49 PM, Jatheish said:

Hey Survivors!

Just wanted to pick your brains, what kind of creatures would you like to see make its home on the ARK? We usually get a lot of messages across all platforms asking us to add XYZ - just thought I'd make a quick mega-thread to see what you guys are thinking :).

Feel free to include names, images, cool-facts -- what you think they could do on the ARK, anything really! Looking forward to seeing what you have to share.

have some questions or ideas to balance out titans a bit more. I think it would be way better if a single Tribe can only tame each titan once a week. It would be so much more strategic. Or if u don't like this idea, make them harder to tame or make them tameable every 4 days. As I think they are currently way to strong. Especially Alpha tribes that are taming them 24/7.

I would like to see a Meat eating plant that is unable to move on its own.

800px_COLOURBOX11325686.jpg(i'm not owner of this Picture)

emagine without the pot

in wild u have to kill the plant to get a seed which u then can plant in a large crop plot and grow up to the creature which when grown up can be carried by the owner like a dodo.

once the jungplant is taken out of the crop plot and dropped it getting planted it will only have the setting of being aggressive and will attack every wild dino close to it and eat them. if feeded with fertelizer and meat it drops plant meat (kinda like gachas) to tame herbevoir dinos as a relative to mutton. only by killing a wild plant u get one of the seeds to grow a new one (like enforcer) and some of the plant meat to tame herbevoirs.

A planted tamed plant can attack dinos arount its position and have a sporefield which has the same effect as amonit blood or the effect after eating rare flowers. so it can also be dangerous to have to many of them  

Edited by Onin

2 minutes ago, Onin said:

I would like to see a Meat eating plant that is unable to move on its own.

in wild u have to kill the plant to get a seed which u then can plant in a large crop plot and grow up to the creature which when grown up can be carried by the owner like a dodo.

once the jungplant is taken out of the crop plot and dropped it getting planted it will only have the setting of being aggressive and will attack every wild dino close to it and eat them. if feeded with fertelizer and meat it drops plant meat (kinda like gachas) to tame herbevoir dinos as a relative to mutton. only by killing a wild plant u get one of the seeds to grow a new one (like enforcer) and some of the plant meat to tame herbevoirs.

A planted tamed plant can attack dinos arount its position and have a sporefield which has the same effect as amonit blood or the effect after eating rare flowers. so it can also be dangerous to have to many of them  

I actually kinda like this. If they were made into a decent threat they could work really well, like picking up small creatures like a Kentro so that you do need to be decently off to take them down and acquire the "plant meat". Maybe it could be nectar or something?

Some sort of Forge creature besides the phoenix would be nice. A mid tier dino with high carry weight that could be fed various mats that increase or decrees the refining process. IE. Thatch for slow refining and charcoal for fast refining. (as coal is what is used in most forging).

something like a small fire golem.

On 12/19/2018 at 10:51 AM, Shaudeuken said:

Some sort of Forge creature besides the phoenix would be nice. A mid tier dino with high carry weight that could be fed various mats that increase or decrees the refining process. IE. Thatch for slow refining and charcoal for fast refining. (as coal is what is used in most forging).

Or a creature that has a forge saddle, like the Anky or Rock Elemental. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/19/2018 at 6:51 AM, Shaudeuken said:

Yes it would be cool if a there was a creature that can smelt stuff like metal. It would be cool if like a Fire Wyvern or a Phoenix could make coal or smelt metal and a Ice Wyvern could be used as a fridge.

Edited by rageraxes
  • Like 1

On the mythical side of things:

Treefolk (like the titan but much smaller) with perhaps an AOE boost to plant growth as their creature ability

WURMS because ark could be like tremmors with wurms and giant parasites are terrifying.

Zombies, this one if used should be a disease that reanimates infected players corpses when they die creating infectious feral humans, bonus points if they keep their armor on for added challenge. (Ideally this would be a good october-november event for around halloween, or an optional game mode as it may not appeal to many players to suddenly just have zombies to deal with and their gear walking off and being used against them as well, though it could be fun on occasion)

Sea Serpent, like the dragon-snake things from old myths like a bigger meaner titanoboa that hangs out in the ocean.

Edited by RustedRaptor

On the real life side, since the story reveals what it does about time overall and modern creatures could legitimately be added

Falcons and Eagles (hunters, upscaled eagles that are rideable would be nice)

Magpies and Crows (scavengers like the duck, magpies should be hyper aggressive seasonally based on the system time/date, crows should pick at carcasses and steal meat)

Kangaroos (it sounds ridiculous but they would be amazing)

Lions and Tigers (like smaller sabertooths but still just as dangerous)

Cheetahs (super fast land mount)

Panthers (super quiet and stealthy, pounce jump attack like a raptor as well as claw attacks)

Wolfs (non dire variety) and Coyotes (like smaller direwolves that run in larger pack numbers)

Bears (grizzly, polar, and black varieties) (like smaller direbears, wild grizzly bears should be hyper aggressive and aggro pretty much anything near them,

wild black bears should be neutral and less likely to attack the player unless provoked,

wild polar bears should be aggressive and also provide the rider a major insulation buff when tamed, they should also eat penguins and harvest organic polymer well)

Komodo Dragons (bite should inflict a sickness and gradual health drain)

Elephants (like mammoths but not furry)

Baboons, Gorillas, Chimps (alot like the mesopithecus or megapithecus and alot like people, baboons should hurl excrement, chimps should be able to be put to work with primative tools like picks, axes, and  clubs, gorillas should be rideable and able to hurl stones from their inventory to do ranged damage as well as punch or slam their hands down)

Poison dart frogs (contact alone should deal torpal and health loss, they should be harvestable for frog toxin to make darts with)

Raccoons (because lets face it the trash panda would be super useful, they can climb walls, they open doors, they steal from trashcans, and they can carry megarabies)

On 1/18/2019 at 5:15 AM, RustedRaptor said:

On the real life side, since the story reveals what it does about time overall and modern creatures could legitimately be added

Falcons and Eagles (hunters, upscaled eagles that are rideable would be nice)

Magpies and Crows (scavengers like the duck, magpies should be hyper aggressive seasonally based on the system time/date, crows should pick at carcasses and steal meat)

Kangaroos (it sounds ridiculous but they would be amazing)

Lions and Tigers (like smaller sabertooths but still just as dangerous)

Cheetahs (super fast land mount)

Panthers (super quiet and stealthy, pounce jump attack like a raptor as well as claw attacks)

Wolfs (non dire variety) and Coyotes (like smaller direwolves that run in larger pack numbers)

Bears (grizzly, polar, and black varieties) (like smaller direbears, wild grizzly bears should be hyper aggressive and aggro pretty much anything near them,

wild black bears should be neutral and less likely to attack the player unless provoked,

wild polar bears should be aggressive and also provide the rider a major insulation buff when tamed, they should also eat penguins and harvest organic polymer well)

Komodo Dragons (bite should inflict a sickness and gradual health drain)

Elephants (like mammoths but not furry)

Baboons, Gorillas, Chimps (alot like the mesopithecus or megapithecus and alot like people, baboons should hurl excrement, chimps should be able to be put to work with primative tools like picks, axes, and  clubs, gorillas should be rideable and able to hurl stones from their inventory to do ranged damage as well as punch or slam their hands down)

Poison dart frogs (contact alone should deal torpal and health loss, they should be harvestable for frog toxin to make darts with)

Raccoons (because lets face it the trash panda would be super useful, they can climb walls, they open doors, they steal from trashcans, and they can carry megarabies)

1. Kangaroos are already in the game. They can sometimes be found around the volcano.

2. Hyenadons already act like the Coyotes you suggested

3. Komodo Dragons are already a thing. Megalania live in some of the caves and are giant ancestors of Komodo Dragons.

3 hours ago, smaddox425 said:

1. Kangaroos are already in the game. They can sometimes be found around the volcano.

3. Komodo Dragons are already a thing. Megalania live in some of the caves and are giant ancestors of Komodo Dragons.

Hadnt encountered kangaroos yet thanks for the clairification on that im excited to hunt for em now, i was mostly suggesting komodo and coyote as like much smaller equivalents (imo ark could use more a bit more smaller game), the coyotes would be more like mammalian versions of compys but larger than a compy. And komodos would be like larger than the small lizards on the beach that take a rare flower to tame and cuddle but smaller than their ancestor, theyd be useful to line outter corridors of bases with set to aggressive.

On 1/19/2019 at 12:57 PM, smaddox425 said:

You’ve played the game before right? Lol  Everything you listed is already in the game basically. Plus it’s a Dino and fantasy game not a Zoo Tycoon game. Get creative and suggest something that would be awesome like adding rainbows that shoot out of the unicorns nose or something. XD

I have many suggestions for new creatures to Ark.

I am an artist and I make my own animals all are extremely well evolved as is in the title of the game “Ark Survival Evolve”

I would actually like to have one of the people of Ark, contact me to gain information on my animals and their behaviors and bio’s and much much more. 

Each of my animals would be unique in their own way. Different abilities sizes speeds, even down to brooding and parenting they are unique in their own rights. But please contact me if you like what I may have to offer. 

I cant post you a picture of my animal or animals due to the image size restriction on this web page. 

Thankyou for your time, hope to see you soon.

Sincerely - Night Hawk

On 1/25/2016 at 5:49 PM, Jatheish said:

Hey Survivors!

Just wanted to pick your brains, what kind of creatures would you like to see make its home on the ARK? We usually get a lot of messages across all platforms asking us to add XYZ - just thought I'd make a quick mega-thread to see what you guys are thinking :).

Feel free to include names, images, cool-facts -- what you think they could do on the ARK, anything really! Looking forward to seeing what you have to share.

How about a rabbit on Extinction, for an added shoulder pet? 

It could be used to balance the OP Snow Owl, by having the capability to make you ‘invisible’ to infrared, when NOT MOVING and maybe have the ability to give a chance to obtain a crop vegetable when harvesting berries and fiber. 

Just a thought, and Extinction sure does need a unique shoulder pet. 

Edited by ArkP1

1. Sauroposeidon ("Lizard earthquake God")

• It was the tallest, even taller than Brachiosaurus

• It was believed that when it walked the Earth shook due to its size hence the name

Uses in the game: war-mount

2. Macrodelphinus

• Roughly the size of a modern orca

Uses in the game: water mount, pearl collector

3.North America jaguar

• Bigger than the modern jaguar

• Built for running down prey in the open

Uses: hunting

4. Stag moose 

• The largest deer to ever live in North America 

• Resembled a moose

• Antler span of more than 8 feet across

Uses in the game: mount, knocking animals (small-medium size) unconscious to help with taming

Edited by TerraNovea