Jump to content
Jatheish

What creatures would you like to see on the ARK?

Recommended Posts

COULD PEOPLE GO AND SEE WHAT ANIMALS ALREADY ARE IN ARK AND TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT USEFUL ABILITY OR FEATURE THERE COULD BE ADDED IN THE FORM OF ANOTHER CREATURE!!!!!

EG. "hey lets add an ambulocetus with the ability to gather pearls!"

...searches ark creature list...

"oh they already have an ottter, well then it could be a seal like creature that could live in massive congregations and has blubber for heat?"

 

SEE THAT WASNT TOO BAD.NOW GO AND DO THE RESEARCH :)

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SpecTimsauru5 said:

COULD PEOPLE GO AND SEE WHAT ANIMALS ALREADY ARE IN ARK AND TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT USEFUL ABILITY OR FEATURE THERE COULD BE ADDED IN THE FORM OF ANOTHER CREATURE!!!!!

EG. "hey lets add an ambulocetus with the ability to gather pearls!"

...searches ark creature list...

"oh they already have an ottter, well then it could be a seal like creature that could live in massive congregations and has blubber for heat?"

 

SEE THAT WASNT TOO BAD.NOW GO AND DO THE RESEARCH :)

totaly agreed... i literaly hate it when i come to this page and see the silly ideas that people comeup with and i mean like if they play the game or..... watch the news whats to come ect: or go on the wiki at all people should already know whats in the game as is, this is idoitic : / a vote thing could work as barje did mention..... maybe something like a poll? that gets posted about... creatures,TLC ideas and agreements ect: can be made from the community to wildcard? and it just gets sent in to wildcard the overall on what people agree on?.... so that way wildcard can get the idea of how many people would like such and such of a change.... or addition however most likely if something like that did exist... doesn't nessary mean wildcard will do it but atleast it would of been tryed?.... i guess or asked for just a idea.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EC2018 said:

I think it would be absolutely awesome in if in a future update they release an official INDORAPTOR.

not the indoraptor necessarily, but maybe a hyper-aggressive dinosaur with a name like Macabreraptor or Cicarioraptor, and it would look like this instead.

https://www.deviantart.com/kingrexy/art/Indoraptor-Photomanipulation-IDR-Gen-3-751303657

(the one on the right)

Edited by SpecTimsauru5
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plant species theta. A creature like plant that you grow from seeds collected from wild plant species theta corpses. It could passively generate cementing paste from chitin in it's inventory. It would also deal bonus damage to corrupt creatures that are due to appear in extinction, and have a turret mode. Would look like a Venus flytrap and appear exclusively on extinction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 6:45 PM, SpecTimsauru5 said:

COULD PEOPLE GO AND SEE WHAT ANIMALS ALREADY ARE IN ARK AND TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT USEFUL ABILITY OR FEATURE THERE COULD BE ADDED IN THE FORM OF ANOTHER CREATURE!!!!!

EG. "hey lets add an ambulocetus with the ability to gather pearls!"

...searches ark creature list...

"oh they already have an ottter, well then it could be a seal like creature that could live in massive congregations and has blubber for heat?"

 

SEE THAT WASNT TOO BAD.NOW GO AND DO THE RESEARCH :)

You forgot all those people asking for licensed content like Indoraptor, Indominus, Godzilla... 

Yes guys, let's add Dark Vador, Superman and all Looney Toons too, sure WC can do it!

 

This kind of suggestion starts to make this thread boring, every page someone asking for Indominus without taking a look at what was already said about in previous pages... 

I'm not against an hybrid dino but no LICENSED creature

 

NO INDOMINUS 

NO INDORAPTOR 

 

Yes I find it sooo annoying because lot of good ideas are hidden between these kind of innapropriate suggestion. 

 

Guess in the next week someone just going to suggest Indominus again without looking to any previous post... 

 

By the way, am I the only one not hyped anymore by ARK because of the lack of new (real) dinosaurs/prehistoric creatures ? 

Just waiting for Ceratosaurus, Deinonychus, Postosuchus and Gorgonopsyd... 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

You forgot all those people asking for licensed content like Indoraptor, Indominus, Godzilla... 

Yes guys, let's add Dark Vador, Superman and all Looney Toons too, sure WC can do it!

 

This kind of suggestion starts to make this thread boring, every page someone asking for Indominus without taking a look at what was already said about in previous pages... 

I'm not against an hybrid dino but no LICENSED creature

 

NO INDOMINUS 

NO INDORAPTOR 

 

Yes I find it sooo annoying because lot of good ideas are hidden between these kind of innapropriate suggestion. 

 

Guess in the next week someone just going to suggest Indominus again without looking to any previous post... 

 

By the way, am I the only one not hyped anymore by ARK because of the lack of new (real) dinosaurs/prehistoric creatures ? 

Just waiting for Ceratosaurus, Deinonychus, Postosuchus and Gorgonopsyd... 

 

 

 

 

i especialy want... ceratosaur and shuno/amargo and more ankys.... atleast one new anky idk what tier the anky would be... low or high i would say low... just to keep the anky in its spot perhaps a anky that can fit in caves.... better then the current anky but then again why not just shrink Ankylosaurs... hit box so its more moveable in caves like make it so that the side spikes just go through walls?... alot of stuff can already do that with tails ect:.... i dont see why ankylosaur can't be used in caves since its dossier says otherwise in the "mines...." wich is a cave : / doedicurus is more able to fit in caves then anky true its smaller but it doesn't help much since all i ever got from doed's is just stone............. wich is quiet pfft. i am sure alot of other creatures should be in the game to wether it be in scorched earth abbeartion and heck the center could use a center exclusive to be on par with ragnarok..... i even wonder if the vanilla island map is done with adding new creatures..... i remeber the first days i found ark... on facebook and when they had those dossier days when they announced allo... dimetrodon ect: i was super excited..... i hope one day something like that will happen again.... i mean when the expanisons are comeing out those are just as hyped..... but aside from that things have sorta died down when adding new creatures and i understand u darkraptor~ @[email protected]

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kutchicetus would be great addition.

It would be smaller, both land and water version of Basilo (on Earth Kutchicetus was ancestor of Basilosaurus), but with weaker stats and rider's temperature insulation.
Maybe it would be 2-seater? (We don't have aquatic multi-seater yet) In wild, it would kill it's prey by grabbing it and taking into deep water, where it can't breathe and fight.
As they are really close to whales, wich makes them very intelligent, maybe they would be passive tame and not attack humans (unless provoked). If they can walk on land, they maybe could be like mammal, small version of spino - has buff for certain amount of time from leaving water, but then gets weaker on land unless gets into water again. And maybe it would be able to jump out of water like manta/basilo?

And that's how they look:
Kutchicetus_BW.jpg

Another suggestion is not about new creature, but about increasing spawn chance of Aberrant Dimorphodon. They actually can spawn but are extremely rare.

And taming seekers! Taming them by giving them fully charged batteries, so they can "eat" charge from them would be great!

Edited by FlamePhoenixPL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FlamePhoenixPL said:

Kutchicetus would be great addition.

It would be smaller, both land and water version of Basilo (on Earth Kutchicetus was ancestor of Basilosaurus), but with weaker stats and rider's temperature insulation.
Maybe it would be 2-seater? (We don't have aquatic multi-seater yet) In wild, it would kill it's prey by grabbing it and taking into deep water, where it can't breathe and fight.
As they are really close to whales, wich makes them very intelligent, maybe they would be passive tame and not attack humans (unless provoked). If they can walk on land, they maybe could be like mammal, small version of spino - has buff for certain amount of time from leaving water, but then gets weaker on land unless gets into water again. And maybe it would be able to jump out of water like manta/basilo?

And that's how they look:
Kutchicetus_BW.jpg

Another suggestion is not about new creature, but about increasing spawn chance of Aberrant Dimorphodon. They actually can spawn but are extremely rare.

And taming seekers! Taming them by giving them fully charged batteries, so they can "eat" charge from them would be great!

Looks like a platypus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Fratzfamily said:

ANY new Dinos would be greatly appreciated!

Probably won't happen. Extinction looks like the last DLC and it's totally focused on scifi, like Aberration. There were NOT A SINGLE new dino in Aberration and Extinction will be the same. They are going full scifi and probably won't get back to dinos, even if they make a 4th DLC. 

Only dino you'll get are tek or corrupted variants for the old ones. 

 

It's maybe hard to hear but there is no point at suggesting dino or prehistoric creatures in this thread anymore I think, sorry guys... Best we can hope are surprise skins like Brachio, Stygi and Styraco. Or unofficial mods (sad for us, consoles players...) 

Dinos are the focus of the Island and WC don't focus on the vanilla game anymore. All about the DLCs now and guess what ? Only dino in a DLC was the morellatops, not even a real dino. That's the best that DLC can offer to dino-fans... 

People should only suggest futuristic mutant, robots or alien things, or they'll be extremely disappointed... 

 

 

 

Edited by DarkRaptor13
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Probably won't happen. Extinction looks like the last DLC and it's totally focused on scifi, like Aberration. There were NOT A SINGLE new dino in Aberration and Extinction will be the same. They are going full scifi and probably won't get back to dinos, even if they make a 4th DLC. 

Only dino you'll get are tek or corrupted variants for the old ones. 

 

It's maybe hard to hear but there is no point at suggesting dino or prehistoric creatures in this thread anymore I think, sorry guys... Best we can hope are surprise skins like Brachio, Stygi and Styraco. Or unofficial mods (sad for us, consoles players...) 

Dinos are the focus of the Island and WC don't focus on the vanilla game anymore. All about the DLCs now and guess what ? Only dino in a DLC was the morellatops, not even a real dino. That's the best that DLC can offer to dino-fans... 

People should only suggest futuristic mutant, robots or alien things, or they'll be extremely disappointed... 

 

 

 

not nessary true we can still voice our oppions and ideas i mean doesn't mean 100% they will come true cause no ofcourse not but can still try if there is a will there is a way and maybe one day more prehistoric stuff will happen.... right now its about the story of the arks and it getting more progressive as time goes by perhaps sooner or later something new that is a dino or something will surface we just have to wait for it to happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, danlillis said:

not nessary true we can still voice our oppions and ideas i mean doesn't mean 100% they will come true cause no ofcourse not but can still try if there is a will there is a way and maybe one day more prehistoric stuff will happen.... right now its about the story of the arks and it getting more progressive as time goes by perhaps sooner or later something new that is a dino or something will surface we just have to wait for it to happen

Of course you can still make suggestions of prehistoric creatures, but Extinction is probably the last DLC (even the name suggest it...). No news about what happen after. 

This thread is litteraly FULL of hundreds of ideas about dinos and prehistoric creatures. Despite it, there are nearly no prehistoric creatures in all 3 DLCs. Huge will from the fans yes, but if you take a look at WC, I don't really think there is a will for prehistoric creatures. If you put the TLC and skins (just updates) on the side, the last real content about dino was what ? The Yutyrannus ? It has been a while. 

Extinction will disappoint dinos-fans. And even if they make another DLC after, I already predict you'll be even more disappointed because it will be scifi again or fantasy with dragons and trolls. 

Just look at the number of times Ceratosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Gorgonopsyd, Archelon and some other famous prehistoric creatures have been suggested. But instead of them, we'll get the... Gasbag. 

I regret so much my season pass, I thought they'll add AT LEAST ONE DLC with more prehistoric creatures.

 

SE trailer:

okey first DLC let's wait and be patient. 

Aberration trailer:

okey they just want to put some diversity, let's wait for the next

Extinction trailer:

Yeeees last DLC and with a name like that, it has to have EXTINCT creat... oh wait nope. 

 

 

Edited by DarkRaptor13
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

Of course you can still make suggestions of prehistoric creatures, but Extinction is probably the last DLC (even the name suggest it...). No news about what happen after. 

This thread is litteraly FULL of hundreds of ideas about dinos and prehistoric creatures. Despite it, there are nearly no prehistoric creatures in all 3 DLCs. Huge will from the fans yes, but if you take a look at WC, I don't really think there is a will for prehistoric creatures. If you put the TLC and skins (just updates) on the side, the last real content about dino was what ? The Yutyrannus ? It has been a while. 

Extinction will disappoint dinos-fans. And even if they make another DLC after, I already predict you'll be even more disappointed because it will be scifi again or fantasy with dragons and trolls. 

Just look at the number of times Ceratosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Gorgonopsyd, Archelon and some other famous prehistoric creatures have been suggested. But instead of them, we'll get the... Gasbag. 

I regret so much my season pass, I thought they'll add AT LEAST ONE DLC with more prehistoric creatures.

 

SE trailer:

okey first DLC let's wait and be patient. 

Aberration trailer:

okey they just want to put some diversity, let's wait for the next

Extinction trailer:

Yeeees last DLC and with a name like that, it has to have EXTINCT creat... oh wait nope. 

 

 

very true and yeah i even mentioned cerato.... someone said it be another carno i feel so insulted.... like carno and cerato are 2 differnt carnivores and hunted alot differntly..... that little 3 fingered midget could never hope to defeat cerato never my cerato would rip him to shreds!!!! i say shreds! into little bitty chicken leg sized bits anyways.......... who knows if there will be another dlc hopefully its not the end i mean hey wildcard said it themselfs it is the end to a new beginning or something.... so i say theres gonna be more @[email protected] atleast so it seems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so not a new dino but an idea for a new arrow.  You have the shock Dart for the longneck rifle but I would like a shock arrow that I can make with regular arrows and biotoxin.  I love just shooting stuff with fire arrows and watching it burn but when I am trying to run on foot away from something and want to be able to slow it down a bit some shock arrows from a compound bow would be fun.  Kind of like a stun bolt or something to that effect.  Plus it would be funny to watch my tribe mates get tasered from an arrow I shot :D 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, danlillis said:

very true and yeah i even mentioned cerato.... someone said it be another carno i feel so insulted.... like carno and cerato are 2 differnt carnivores and hunted alot differntly..... that little 3 fingered midget could never hope to defeat cerato never my cerato would rip him to shreds!!!! i say shreds! into little bitty chicken leg sized bits anyways.......... who knows if there will be another dlc hopefully its not the end i mean hey wildcard said it themselfs it is the end to a new beginning or something.... so i say theres gonna be more @[email protected] atleast so it seems

The end to a new beginning ? Just don't hype about it. Probably the end of the dino game and the new beginning for a full scifi universe, like a final revolution looking at the original vanilla game.

End: Because we'll never go back in an ARK with dinos.

Beginning: Staying on the scifi future Earth or maybe some space-related things.

If they was still a chance about dinos, they would have spoken about "going back to the roots" or things like that. That's why they made the "ARKEOLOGY" event, to show that dinos are definitely dead and buried for WC😂

 

If I had to bet, the future of ARK will look more like a world full of Pokemon than a Lost valley with dinosaurs. 

I suggest a giant radioactive lizard, zombies, a mutant big chameleon with big deadly-claws, little grey alien with laser blaster, a clone army, android from the future...

I guess some kind of human-spider hybrid could be cool to fight the "dark corrupted creatures" of extinction. Don't  know why but it would look familiar to me🤔

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 4:49 PM, Jatheish said:

Hey Survivors!

Just wanted to pick your brains, what kind of creatures would you like to see make its home on the ARK? We usually get a lot of messages across all platforms asking us to add XYZ - just thought I'd make a quick mega-thread to see what you guys are thinking :).

Feel free to include names, images, cool-facts -- what you think they could do on the ARK, anything really! Looking forward to seeing what you have to share.

I feel like ragnarok has an incomplete theme since it offers the wyverns and the griffins upon this really large map and beautiful landscape to go with puzzling caves. How can it have/feature all of these things but not offer the Pegasus or the Gargoyles? Perhaps the Gargoyles should be an engram, counted as a turret, and behaves like a drone. The Pegasus though. Why do we have a griffin but no Pegasus? Why do we have unicorns but no Pegasus? How did we add the mythical creatures and forget Pegasus? Most importantly, how did we half-ass the mid-evil game and jump to Sci-Fi?

Oh, right. the cart comes before the horse. The interesting thing is, per gargoyles idea is that it doesn't have to be tek in order to exhibit the same-properties, experience, and appreciation that was aimed for with that tier and the Sci-Fi movement. Shoot to cover more mid-evil, there were tons of interesting philosophies, theorized mechanics, and principals that could really bring ragnarok to life.

Pegasus: Extremely Fast, Mid-High Class Weight, No-Carry Creatures, No-Platform, Dual Passengers. Perfect for Pickup and Drop-off. A Fed-Ex Mule.


white-pegasus-over-lake-fantasy-flying-night-69188494.thumb.jpg.538f3bda1334fd4af6c3840b7098a3e2.jpg
 

Edited by ravenispurrty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×