Jatheish

What creatures would you like to see on the ARK?

4 minutes ago, PurpleGladiator said:

A lot more earlier creatures from before the dinosaurs:

Anomalocaris

Cephalaspis

Hynerpeton

Hyneria

Proterogyrinus

Gorgonops

Scutosaurus

Euchambersia

thinking of more but i don't know

Gorgonops and Scutosaurus are definitely for Scorched. Euchambersia could be a shoulder mount that can latch onto enemies and poison them. Hyneria as a sea mount that can also travel slightly on land. Hynerpeton could be a combination of the diplocaulus and beezlebufo. Anomalocaris can be used to easily kill sea scorpions and trilobites. Cephalaspis can just be another fish. Proterogyneris as an amphibious creature that can essentially kill off leeches and cure diseases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, WinterSpectre said:

Since the next dlc is looking like it’ll focus on Earth after an extinction event why not creatures that routinely beat the extinctions?

Crocodiles! Well probably terrestrial crocs since lava is hard to swim in I’d imagine, so I’d like to see Postosuchus, Saurosuchus, or Rauisuchus.

And since the environment would be even less friendly maybe Shunosaurus and Saltasaurus so we can get some more sauropods finally that mean business. 

686338BF-C845-41CF-AB88-7D3916D35311.jpeg

Postosuchus could be a slow but heavy armored predator, ignoring armors with his powerful jaws and having a bullet protection like the tek shield on the back. Hunting Ankylo and Doedicurus could be easier this way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ayzix said:

Anubis (Dog) for Scorched Earth

Hide contents

41EuJqx6PNL.jpganubis_dog_by_hontor-d9cftjx.jpg

Fox for The Island

Hide contents

curious_fox_speedpaint_by_gaiasangel-d86
aventuria_bestiary___fox_by_gaiasangel-d

There actually was a prehistoric fox of sorts called the Warrah that used to live on the Falkland Islands off the southeast coast of South America centuries ago. That could be interesting for both maps. It was the size of an average domestic dog.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2017 at 4:29 AM, MinopianParasaur said:

Saw a lot of comments on aberration creatures. I think we do need a Treant or a giant mushroom golem. Also a way to extract hallucinogens from mushrooms and put them in a spray gun to use on dinos and players, giving them the effects. Would be quite high-level. Or maybe hallucinogenic spit could be an ability of the Mushroom Golem. It would be like the rock golem but instead of disguising as rocks it would disguise itself as a giant mushroom. You could tame it by using mushroom kibble (made using rare mushrooms, red and blue gems and congealed gas balls.) but first you would have to stun it with a glow stick to the face so you can get close and feed it. The golem gives off the hallucinogenic spores effect when approached, so it has to be stunned first (so it doesn't react to your presence).

not bad at all.. looking forward to this being added both creature and a gun with the mushroom effects. Maybe a granade like the gas granade but gives this effect and not torpor. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JdogMcFuzzl said:

This isn't a creature but if you guys do decide to keep going with some futuristic stuff then maybe a tek robot that could be programmed to either gather resources, attack Dino's, or patrol your base. And you could give it different tools or weapons to increase its effectiveness.

Robotic creatures and mech could be great. As there are already bionic skins why not a step further... 

• Like 3

On 1/8/2018 at 7:30 PM, Nch1418 said:

There actually was a prehistoric fox of sorts called the Warrah that used to live on the Falkland Islands off the southeast coast of South America centuries ago. That could be interesting for both maps. It was the size of an average domestic dog.

I’d love to see a Warrah added to ark as I feel we need more mid sized pet dinos. 

Maybe even some type of antelope for open field hunting.

Id also like to see some more fantasy creatures such as a Hippogriff. depicted as with the body of a horse but the feet, wings, and head of a eagle. I think it could be created beautifully and uniquely by letting it keep a more horse like head but giving it a mane and very long tail both of feathers. This would keep it from being too close to a griffin while also being a very elegant fly mount.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 10:29 PM, Hosscat said:

Brachiosaurus. Was my favorite as a kid. Make them not necessarily the biggest dino, but the tallest.

Deinogalerix- this was a giant version of a hedgehog! Still tiny by Ark standards but can't you Imagine prehistoric hedgies shuffling amongst the bushes ^^

Titanotylopus- prehistoric camel. Great for scorched earth!

Giant hedgehog... but does it know de wey?

16 hours ago, TemperanceXIV said:

I’d love to see a Warrah added to ark as I feel we need more mid sized pet dinos. 

Agreed it would fit in great. Also maybe Leptictidium for your shoulder that could detect and protect you from toxins? It would be defenseless on its own so it wouldn’t help in active combat, but I think it’d be a fair trade-off.

Another could be Mononykus that would basically be a troll dinosaur that you can whistle at enemy Dino’s, and it will latch on and induce a rage mechanic causing the Dino to stop responding to controls. The rider would have to dismount and remove it like a leech. 

Both would have useful abilities plus they are so weird and furry/feathery who wouldn’t want one as a pet?

• Like 1

All you ever hear is “Giga Giga Giga”... I’d like to see some competition for the Giga and I would also like to see some more draconic species in the game:

Dragon’s: Rename the Dragon Boss to “BroodMother or BroodFather” then make Dragon a species that players can raise by stealing eggs, much like Wyverns. Dragon’s would differ from Wyvern’s by having 4 legs instead of 2, more health, and less speed. A Dragon would be the “tanky” flying mount similar to how Brontos are for land, but Dragons are moderately slower than a Wyvern. Dragon’s are found near scorching hot volcanos and freezing mountain peaks. There are 3 variants of Dragon’s: Fire, Ice, and Storm. Getting 100% imprinting on a Dragon causes the dragon’s eyes to glow Red, White, or Blue, respective to their variant. The highest level male dragon becomes the Alpha when near other draconic species such as Dragon’s, Wyvern’s, and Drake’s. Alpha’s get a health boost.

Drake’s: A species that is a smaller kin to the Wyvern. Drake’s have no front arms but can expand wings out from their sides to fly. They could be the first flying mount that doesn’t dismount you when you dive into water. They would be fast, low damage, and get a movement speed buff when 3 or more are near each other. Tameable and Breedable.

Hydra’s: Four legged beasts that are slow but deal a lot of damage. Hydra’s can only be tamed by beating them into submission. They only suffer Torpidity gain while their health is 25% or less, at which point you can shoot them with Tranq Darts/Arrows to make them fall out unconscious. They lose Torpidity fast, but once tamed, a Hydra is loyal to the one who defeated it. Tamed Hydra’s can be bred together, with the babies having a chance to come out with anywhere from 2-8 heads. Each head acts as “effective health/armor” for the Hydra, where if they take so much damage, they progressively lose a head. When a Hydra loses a head, they go berserk damaging everything in sight, sometimes even the rest of their heads will bite each other, causing the Hydra to lose more health.

Draconis Rex: A T-Rex/Wyvern Hybrid, this would essentially be a T-Rex with non-functional wings. The Wings can not be used for flight, but they can shield themselves with them to reduce incoming damage, similar to an Armadillo curling up in its shell. Tameable and Breedable.

Leviathan’s: A massive species of Sea Dragons that lose health gradually while out of the water. They would have the ability to launch themselves out of the water but they could not survive on land for long. They have “hydro” breath as a special attack where they shoot water out of their mouths that deals damage and does a knockback. They can not be tamed, but wild eggs can be found in the oceans depths. The eggs are hatched by finding them and placing them in your last slot on your hotbar, then finding an adult Leviathan that you place the egg on their skin to incubate, but be careful as the Leviathan will try to kill you. After a period of time, the baby will hatch and you can raise it by keeping it fed with meat, if you and the baby survive that is...

Wyrm’s: Much like the Giga is 3x the size of the T-Rex, a Wyrm would be 3x the size of a Basilisk. Wyrms move slow, but you can hear them coming by the sound of trees falling as they move. Wyrms can not be tamed but you can raise them by killing a gestating Alpha Wyrm that has a chance to drop a live baby Wyrm upon defeat.

• Thanks 1

Been a while! I'm still holding out on you guys adding some more neat creatures, the seas and skies are still lacking diversity to me so I'm hoping sometime we'll see some more things added there. Anyway, here's what I would LOVE to see added in at some point in time!

1) Odobenocetops

2) Diprotodon

3) Saurosuchus/Postosuchus

4) Gorgonops

5) Anomalocaris

6) Cymbospondylus

7) Hyneria

8) Dorudon

9) Harpagornis

10) Sivatherium

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot this one, but the Archelon too!

Edited by FaneBlackwing
  • Like 5

I would love to see the Albertosaurus in ARK. Image result for albertosaurusAlbertosaurus_illustrated.jpg

From Wikipedia

Albertosaurus (/ælˌbɜːrtəˈsɔːrəs/; meaning "Alberta lizard") is a genus of tyrannosaurid theropod dinosaurs that lived in western North America during the Late Cretaceous Period, about 70 million years ago. The type species, A. sarcophagus, was apparently restricted in range to the modern-day Canadian province of Alberta, after which the genus is named. Scientists disagree on the content of the genus, with some recognizing Gorgosaurus libratus as a second species.

As a tyrannosaurid, Albertosaurus was a bipedal predator with tiny, two-fingered hands and a massive head that had dozens of large, sharp teeth. It may have been at the top of the food chain in its local ecosystem. While Albertosaurus was large for a theropod, it was much smaller than its larger and more famous relative Tyrannosaurus rex, growing nine to ten meters long and weighing less than possibly 2 metric tons.

Since the first discovery in 1884, fossils of more than 30 individuals have been recovered, providing scientists with a more detailed knowledge of Albertosaurus anatomy than is available for most other tyrannosaurids. The discovery of 26 individuals at one site provides evidence of pack behaviour and allows studies of ontogeny and population biology, which are impossible with lesser-known dinosaurs. 

I would so love this Dino in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

This is probably a horrible idea compared to everyone else's since their's were good but I was thinking of something small. This can be in either extinction or an update , a small hamster like shoulder mount which can maybe act as a mini berry getting creature . It can be a passive tame and its favorite food can be any type of seed. Sadly I have no drawing or picture as reference.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ohhimark said:

This is probably a horrible idea compared to everyone else's since their's were good but I was thinking of something small. This can be in either extinction or an update , a small hamster like shoulder mount which can maybe act as a mini berry getting creature . It can be a passive tame and its favorite food can be any type of seed. Sadly I have no drawing or picture as reference.

More small creatures, collecting berries or other resources are needed ! Hamster, rabbits, small lizards (longisquama, limnoscenis, limnoscelis...) crustacean (crabs), dinos like dryosaurus... 

On 1/10/2018 at 9:26 AM, INFCTDxGAMR said:

why has this not need added? or why has "Cross breeding" not been added. Ark LORE is all about cloning and creating creatures from DNA.

ULTIMASAURUS

jp_chaos_ultimasaurus_by_art_26-d69ef3g.

There is already a custom mod for ark involving the Jurassic Park Chaos Effect Dino. Also copyright lawsImage result for ultimasaurus ark

Edited by mysticaxe
fix post

Homotherium Should Be Added And Heres Some Info I Think It Could Have

Its A Prehistoric Species Of Cat, Its Common Name Is Scimitar Cat

Taming Method: Stealing A Cub (Alerts Nearby Adult Scimitars)

Diet: Carnivore

Temperament: Vicious 

Gives Gnash Effect

More: Generally Found In Groups Of Two Or Three, Cubs Can Alert Adults If They So You So Ghille Suit Reccomended And Adults Are Fast So A Fast Tame Would Help ,  Can Leap (Like The Karkino Can)

Sample Image

Image result for Homotherium

I Hope You Consider My Suggestion :Jerbhi:

• Like 2