PVE Offline Raiding Protection Issues and Feedback

Cacharoes

While the Offline Raiding Protection for PVE is nice there does seem to be issues with it, which I think maybe have been caused by the hasty implementation of a PVP feature to a PVE environment which is handled differently.

ORP Removes pin codes from containers on the server which causes a great deal of issues on a PVE server where we collaborate quite a bit and being able to access other containers is very important. We have various public or alliance spaces which now do not work anymore because unless the owner is online no one can access them as not even an unlocked container is accessible when protection has engaged. It has really destroyed a lot of the ability to collaborate with ones alliance members.

One thing I know many from our official server have been wanting for both convenience and especially now with the implementation of ORP is that option to allow Alliance Access to a door or container. A feature that I envision would work by having an option on the Radial menu when interacting with an object to access the "Alliance Sharing" option. When in that new sub-menu you would find the various alliances you are in and be able to enable access for specific alliances to that door or container, So that those trusted with access can maintain and use it.

A Small Text Example.

Alliance Sharing > Alliance A On, Alliance B Off, Alliance C Off, Alliance D On.

If we were able to have Alliance Sharing it would allow having access to containers or doors by allies while still keeping ones base and belongings safe as ORP intends. Since the sharing option would be per object and voluntary the individual would only be risking what they thought was worth risking and if you are giving alliance access to something then I would expect you to know who you are dealing with already.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cacharoes said:

The ORP prevents those who want to destroy others bases and steal their stuff from doing so.

On Scorched earth we had a guy kite a rock elemental and Destroy a Tek Replicator and stole its contents while we were offline. We had to make adjustments to our base afterwards to prevent that from occurring again.

I know what ORP does. But on PvE you cannot raid someone, destroying his base and stealing his stuff. That's why I'm confused.

ORP in its current state is just another change that will add to server strain. First they add the tribe dino cap, which severely limited tribe size. Resulting in less tribes and more individual players (all of which needing a bunch of egger dinos, rather than sharing within a tribe). Now they limit the ability of tribes to share resources with other tribes by removing pin codes. This will just mean more individual player structures rather than shared, leading to more server strain. I don't get it. 

Either make unlock work while offline, give us back pincodes; or preferably as Cacharoes laid out, let alliances have access. Otherwise, ORP is going to make over-crowded servers even more so.

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

I know what ORP does. But on PvE you cannot raid someone, destroying his base and stealing his stuff. That's why I'm confused.

Yes you can raid someone in PVE. It is not as straight forward as on PVP but it can be done, you just have to learn what you can and cannot do in PVE.

As I said we had a guy use a rock elemental to break into our base and steal TEK components and other resources.

1 minute ago, Cacharoes said:

Yes you can raid someone in PVE. It is not as straight forward as on PVP but it can be done, you just have to learn what you can and cannot do in PVE.

As I said we had a guy use a rock elemental to break into our base and steal TEK components and other resources.

But that's not raiding per se.

So does ORP prevent anything from smashing your stuff, including wild dinos?

8 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

As the WC staff member said in the other PVE ORP thread, it was implemented to stop griefing by kiting. 

12 minutes ago, Cacharoes said:

When no one in your Tribe is online all structures, animals, and members become invulnerable and cannot be harmed by any source of damage be it other players or wild animals.

Got it. I didn't know ORP defends you from wildlife aswell.

2 minutes ago, JonSnowNova said:

All the public bases we have set up on our server to help new players, help metal farmers use the public forge and different crafting stations are now useless except for the owner. All the work we out into making these large nice looking bases to help people are pointless. 

What's the sense in this? 

I understand why they did it, I think they overlooked that fact that in PVE we have shared spaces which now do not work anymore, and people are already finding new ways to mess with peoples bases.

1 minute ago, Jostabeere said:

Got it. I didn't know ORP defends you from wildlife aswell.

Well in PVE using wild animals is how you raid someone, using a Giganotosaurus, Titanosaur, or Elemental to destroy someones things. 

5 minutes ago, Ulta said:

No it can still get killed by wild dinos. If ORP hasn't changed since I last used it, it makes a bubble around your base. Anything in the bubble is fine. That Rex is in the wild now and thus vulnerable.

What if I had something with platform with a mobile base put on it and had the rex on follow.

Archived