First dino that scared the crap out of you

BipedTadpole

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember the first dino that scared me but the most recent was the Tuso. I mainly play on scorched but i recently moved back to the island. I hadnt been in the ocean in a very long time, so when i first saw the silhouette of the giant squid i pretty much poop my pants and got the hell out of there. Good times with good scares.

On 6/1/2017 at 0:04 PM, BipedTadpole said:

The longer I play, the more used to everything I get. I was thinking back to my early days before I even knew metal weapons were a thing and how much fun that part of the game is for me. I was trying to build up in the Footpaw on the Island. Minding my own business. Admiring brontos and trilobites and stabbing dilophosaurs in the face. Then out of nowhere a raptor appeared. The first one I had ever seen. It started eating my face and all I could see were teeth and scary things. My real-life heart was pounding and I had crazy adrenaline running through me. It was awesome. 

So what was the first dino that nearly made you poop your pants?

A raptor. Once it was night, and I didn't have a torch, and one started attacking me. I couldn't even see it as it was so dark. I attacked with my pick, which broke, and then kept punching furiously. I nearly died, but luckily i was able to kill it and limp home.

I used to be wary of everything to start with. Parasaurs, Trikes and Brontos even. I thought they'd agro if I got too close. 

My first real moment of terror came an hour or so into the game though. I was in my little 2 by 1 thatch beach hut cooking some meat for my dinner when I hear the phut phut PHUT PHUT of something running in the sand outside. What do I do? Open the door like an idiot of course. 

The door swings open and the head of the alpha Raptor snaps round to look right into my soul. He'd previously had no interest in my little hut. He was just running up the beach but I'd attracted his attention. I closed the door immediately but too late. One wall of my hut was gone inside 20 seconds so I took the chance and ran out the door hoping he'd stay agro'd on my hut. No chance. 

He was on me in a second,  I was toast a second after that and then it went back to obliterate my hut, bed and even the fire. 

My heart was pounding through the whole experience. Awesome lol.

Mine was a Theri. I was running through the woods on my Trike at night. I was just high enough that I couldn't really see anything through the trees. I must of ran right into it and it made short work of me and Trike. 

Second Theri encounter, I was using my 186 Carno to lead a Parasaur down a mountain hauling metal. I get past the woods onto the beach and a Theri must of been tracking me, swipes at my Para. I tried to run with the Para following but it was stuck. I turn around to help (I mean a 186 Carno) and go back to attack the Theri, and 2 other Theri's pop their mugs out of nowhere, including a 100, to join the fray. The Theri's feasted on blood and metal pieces that night despite being herbivores. 

Archived