Please separate Yutyrannus nerfs.

Jostabeere

So I have a new fav in Ark. The feathered Rex.

What a great creature.

But I think it's obvious that it will receive a nerf because of PvP. Roaring and make mounted dinos flee for 20 secs without being able to control them is huge.

So WC, is it possible that you somehow separate the nerf to be less effective for PvP without nerfing the creature for PvE?

Is that a possible option @Jat

2 minutes ago, Jat said:

It's not very often we make changes separate for the game modes, and in this case, I don't know if we're going to be making any changes to the Yuty just yet, however I will suggest that they're perhaps made primarily in the case of versus tamed dinos, that way PvE isn't as affected ;)

Lower time on tamed vs wild could easily be explained with them being tamed and loyal to their new flock.

So sounds like a good idea, if nerfs are needed that is.

19 minutes ago, Jat said:

It's not very often we make changes separate for the game modes, and in this case, I don't know if we're going to be making any changes to the Yuty just yet, however I will suggest that they're perhaps made primarily in the case of versus tamed dinos, that way PvE isn't as affected ;)

Thank you Jat!! :)

I'm guessing, since most tamed dinos have fought larger things and lived alongside gigas and such, they are tougher and less afraid. Like in real life, you can train animals to not show fear.

5 hours ago, Jat said:

I'm actually surprised that you answered.

If I can be more clear about what I want, I'd say that if you want to nerf it, try to do it in a way that wouldn't damage PvE as much as it does PvP.

For example you nerf the "mounted dinos flee" debuff time, but you leave the effect on wild dinos as it is.

Or you decrease the buff duration or strength on mounted dinos, but leave it on unmounted. Because for example a player can attack much faster than an unmounted dino would do it.

But happy to hear that if you will do something it will primarly affect tamed dinos.

Nah it doesn't need a nerf at all imo, it can't scare Rexes, Spinos, Gigas and Brontos which I find to be balanced. It can scare Allos and Theris and Paracers but will need 3 roars to make them run, if an opposing tribe wants to counter it they'll need a Yuty of their own and if they find themselves without one, the enemy Yuty will wreak havoc as intended, but you can still deal with it with a Giga/Rexs quiet easily.

Basically don't let yourself get into a 1 on 1 with a Yutyrannus unless you have an unscarable dino, it's a new meta that you should adapt to

24 minutes ago, rawsh said:

seperating nerfs just makes sense, flyer nerf is a desaster, and many of those problems could have been avoided by rolling out seperate nerfs, pvp and pve just have different needs, 

Even if ther would be a separate nerf, I dont thing it is good to separate based on the gamemode. Like the typical flyer nerf PVE players always come up with this "nerf the quetz for PVP, leave unnerfed for PVE", but they often forget PVP servers always to PVE as well. So it would be unfair to penalize the PVP population's PVE capabilities...

I think the good approach would be to alter the effect on the roar based on the target not based on the gamemode. Eg it could affect more on untamed dinos (PVE), while it could have reduced effect on tamed or ridden dinos (PVP).

Archived