Unwritten rules of pvp?

NONE

A couple of my tribe mates freaked out yesterday when I suggested we take some of these turtles we've been farming to another server to raid. They explained that it will announce what server we came from in global and that will make people come raid us. Whatever.

I'm aware that changing your name is common place to hide your identity, but how paranoid are these guys being? What are your dos and donts of pvp, or other rules if thumb most new players might not know about/consider?

You almost got your tribe wiped. It shows the server it was raised on and transfered from and we try to ALWAYS get those numbers if we get hit. It doesn't show tribe name from other servers so just do not speak in chat or they will get your gt. Do not speak in chat. Do not speak in chat. Do not speak in chat. That's about it. Do not speak in chat. I guess if it's about to die you should kill it yourself and harvest the body to cover tacks. Don't speak in chat

2 hours ago, Rhinenorr said:

You almost got your tribe wiped. It shows the server it was raised on and transfered from and we try to ALWAYS get those numbers if we get hit. It doesn't show tribe name from other servers so just do not speak in chat or they will get your gt. Do not speak in chat. Do not speak in chat. Do not speak in chat. That's about it. Do not speak in chat. I guess if it's about to die you should kill it yourself and harvest the body to cover tacks. Don't speak in chat

Right, that was their reaction too, but saying 'you almost got your base wiped' is a little dramatic... These things are simply not known to new players. I come from 2500 hours in rust, where there are no name plates and notifications, so this raiding mentality is a little new to me...

Their paranoia is warranted.

If you don't change your name 10 timea and it's not 123 or whatever they'll use battlemetrics to find you and possibly attack you or even wipe you if you raptor around on their server.

Your dead dinos will have a tag that says which server they were tamed on, harvest the body if possible.

Don't talk in global chat.

Yea, go in with a fake tribe name. If your dinos die, try and harvest them. If they don't get harvested any tribe whos capable of retaliating will know to check what server it came from and come to your server. If its a big enough tribe they'll wipe the server, if they don't want to do that they'll begin investigating to figure out what tribe you're a part of using a player name or something to that effect.

Everyone makes their steam names 123 in order to prevent using battlemetrics to track.

#arkmeta

Archived