let´s talk about the cross Ark transfer ...again...

Vaskur

So, the transfer is active for quite a while now. Most people got used to it or quit the game. I was thinking about that for a few days and how the game has changed. 

i can´t speak for official full tech servers, since I only play on normal primitive (not prim +) but still want to share my thoughts about that. 

I´ve got tired of all that server hopping. Some people may know about those people from the far east who swarm servers. Well, especially the primitive cluster is encountering this issue, since a massive tribe tries to conquer every server throug locking servers, gear up and invade other servers when nobody is online (because of different time zones).

but i´ve tried to gather my actual thoughts on the ability to transfer.

So you can tranfser everything almost without a penalty (ok... 12 hours till you can transfer dinos back but at some point that isn´t really a penalty anymore) 

the positive thing is, that you don´t need to start with a new character, as soon as you decide to start on a new server.

I think it was stated, that there would be some changes and adjustments. so i hope that there will be some soon. 

imho i wish backt the days, where you could only transfer stuff from SE to Island and Center but not the other way around.. this time maybe with some changes, so that you can transfer some kinds of items to SE. 

but what kind of solution can we hope for, without disapointing both kind of people (those who like the transfer and those who do not) 

imho i´d like to see the transfer fully disabled.. but that´s just a wishfull dream i guess xD

but let me hear you opinions. Do you think we can expect any canges or restrictions in the near future, since now´s the time to do all the bugfixes, optimisations and reballances or maybe something has been rumored allready?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I like the ark transfer system, well to a degree. 

I think they should remove the ability to transfer dinos, or at least fully grown ones. I think you should be able to transfer items, weapons and building materials but being allowed to transfer hundreds (between a tribe) of high level dinos for the purpose of wiping a server is ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, booned said:

I would be fine with a stop to transferring if they didn't completely mess up the kibble chain in Scorched Earth by including creatures that require kibble from Island only creatures. 

Part of my point, if they allowed the transfer of eggs for kibble usage on maps they don't spawn then that would be fine, plus you could transfer fert eggs, couldn't exactly transfer 20 fert bronto eggs and drain a bases turrets in an hour or two that way. 

Tek gear should be removed from the transfer list completely, I know it still requires element when you get there but raid one base with it and the rest fall easily. 

I personally like the cross ark transfers. Zerging tribes are a problem but it has also changed the dynamics of tribe politics on servers. No longer can an alpha really control a server without needing to include other clans on the server in an alliance. The alliances have grown as a result to protect servers from massive invasions. The downside is when a chinese zerg does come in, they purposely take up all server spots to keep people from joining the server to defend. The other con is that everyone names themselves 123 to avoid battlemetrics and tracking history. The devs need to fix this problem and need to remove the ability of steam names to be tracked with server history.

Having said that, I think the pros outweigh the cons. Hopefully they can make some adjustments to the system.

You can always do the unofficial thing or try cluster if you are worried about the zergs.

2 minutes ago, YUSHOETMI said:

Personally I like the ark transfer system, well to a degree. 

I think they should remove the ability to transfer dinos, or at least fully grown ones. I think you should be able to transfer items, weapons and building materials but being allowed to transfer hundreds (between a tribe) of high level dinos for the purpose of wiping a server is ridiculous. 

Part of my point, if they allowed the transfer of eggs for kibble usage on maps they don't spawn then that would be fine, plus you could transfer fert eggs, couldn't exactly transfer 20 fert bronto eggs and drain a bases turrets in an hour or two that way. 

Tek gear should be removed from the transfer list completely, I know it still requires element when you get there but raid one base with it and the rest fall easily. 

I definitely think there should be a cost for transferring dinos. And some kind of extreme cost or block to transferring explosives or other base wrecking stuff. It does seem too easy to do this right now.

My issues with cross server transfers are as follows:

1) Character name changing - Your name should follow you everywhere if you want a new one buy a new account :D.

2) Tribe name changing - Same thing but you can just leave a tribe so that is all good

3) 72 hour cool down timer - Biggest issue with ark at the moment is the 600 man alliances can just transfer over with 70/70 and all join the same tribe that is being attacked. If they are forced to in to an alliance system it would change how fights would go.

All in all i feel that cross server transfers are working as intended they can not predict what players are going to do.

27 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

My issues with cross server transfers are as follows:

1) Character name changing - Your name should follow you everywhere if you want a new one buy a new account :D.

2) Tribe name changing - Same thing but you can just leave a tribe so that is all good

3) 72 hour cool down timer - Biggest issue with ark at the moment is the 600 man alliances can just transfer over with 70/70 and all join the same tribe that is being attacked. If they are forced to in to an alliance system it would change how fights would go.

All in all i feel that cross server transfers are working as intended they can not predict what players are going to do.

U mad your 300 slot duping tribe gets wiped on every server you try hide on?

4 hours ago, FiSh250505 said:

Put all servers in clusters so you can still transfer between the island, centre & scorched earth (plus any future maps they might add) but not to other servers, cuts out the mega tribes hopping from server to server wiping them but you can still play on all 3 maps, simple.

This is exactly what I came here to suggest. I play on one of thehundredcrossark clusters and I find that it creates an interesting dynamic and I have enjoyed my time on that server far more than on regular officials.

With hundreds of official servers why not put them on a virtual grid of say 20 x 20 or 30 x 30 or whatever it may be.

The transfers will only happen through the map boundaries in effect creating a mega map that is hundreds of times bigger.

Mega tribes will have to control adjacent servers due to logistics.  

Their ability to project power will also be contained within a certain radius of their territory.

There could be zerging tribes but they would have to be migratory and it will be a challenge for them to roll over at will.

1 hour ago, Currahee said:

I think they should cluster servers and that's it. The Island, Scorched Earth, The Center. You can travel between those 3 maps on your official cluster but that's it. Can't transfer to another cluster.

And that would be an awesome idea as well. I am actually pretty open to a lot of things.

but compared to either leaving it the way it is, or just getting rid of it, if those were the only two choices I would choose to get rid of it. Clusters would be good though

The problem is not the transfers per say but the fact that people can hop at will. Character transfers should be locked to say 24 hours, that would prevent a lot of cross-server raiding or slow that down i would think as that would give the server being raided time to figure out whom is raiding them where they came from, planning to retaliate etc.

Archived