Bears

MTek9

19 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

*Sigh*

You haven't checked the wiki page. Or you did but haven't understood anything written there. Nor did you pay any attention to where 315 came from when i reversed your post-tame damage of 378.7% to its wild counterpart. There is a reason why most stat calcs have a disclaimer that they only work with "wild" dinos' stats. You are trying to input your post-tame melee which is incorrect.

I wish other breeders chimed in and told you that:

1. its nearly impossible to get 56 levels from fresh tame (easier to get several mutations than to find a wild one with such a skewed stat)

2. 378.7% melee is not rare to see on freshly tamed dinos - it is a good stat but not nearly enough for your claimed 56.

3. taking both points above into account 378.7% cannot be 56 points.

I read the wiki, but it seems you're not understanding it correctly. Not to mention I prefer learning how it works first hand. Simply put, I'm sorry, but you're wrong dude. 

For example; I tamed 4 wild 145 dire bears the other day. 3 of them tamed out to 215 but with the last one I ran out of tranqs and finished it off with my club. Unfortunately I hit it once more via holding the attack after I knocked it out and it came out to 199. That exact bear tamed out with 350.x melee which is 50 points. I lost 6 levels. Putting 6 more post tame points/levels into melee makes it 56 points and 378.7 melee exact.

7 minutes ago, MTek9 said:

I read the wiki, but it seems you're not understanding it correctly. Simply put, I'm sorry, but you're wrong dude. 

For example; I tamed 4 wild 145 dire bears the other day. 3 of them tamed out to 215 but with the last one I ran out of tranqs and finished it off with my club. Unfortunately I hit it once more via holding the attack after I knocked it out and it came out to 199. That exact bear tamed out with 350.x melee which is 50 points. I lost 6 levels. Putting 6 more post tame points/levels into melee makes it 56 points and 378.7 melee exact.

*Sigh*

ok, i'll try from another direction:

1. Each wild point put into melee gives exactly 5%, right?

2. If your claim is correct that 378.7% is 56 points why isnt it a multiple of 5 or 380% (what real 56 points pre-tame should be)?

Answer these 2 and you will eventually come to truth.

10 minutes ago, MTek9 said:

They are not wild points. Do the math again. Adding the 56 points to all the other stat points using the screen shot I showed you equals the exact level number the bear was born at. If it was any less than 56 points it wouldn't add up. 

Pretty simple man.

*Sigh*

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/483367798506048963/?ctp=1

i wrote this a year and a half ago. The only things that have changed since then: mutations added (not relevant to current case), wild dinos level cap increased to 150 (not relevant to current case) and a damage bonus multiplier for TE nerf (aka Great dino damage and HP nerf). The last one is relevant: it is a multiplier to damage of freshly tamed dino based on TE on top of bonus levels - a true culprit that turns your 43 points in damage (315%) into 378.7%.

You are trying to argue about things you know nothing or very little about.

18 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

18 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

*Sigh*

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/483367798506048963/?ctp=1

i wrote this a year and a half ago. The only things that have changed since then: mutations added (not relevant to current case), wild dinos level cap increased to 150 (not relevant to current case) and a damage bonus multiplier for TE nerf (aka Great dino damage and HP nerf). The last one is relevant: it is a multiplier to damage of freshly tamed dino based on TE on top of bonus levels - a true culprit that turns your 43 points in damage (315%) into 378.7%.

You are trying to argue about things you know nothing or very little about.

Things I know nothing or very little about? Lmfao. Wrong again. Lol. I know exactly what I'm talking about because using the numbers Ive been using here I can predict the exact level of bear cub I'll get when I breed in my new 3840 hp stat.

Hate to burst your bubble but Im stating facts. You can write whatever you want until your fingers fall off, the fact is simple math proves I'm right here and seeing how you've resorted to calling this an argument and attacking me personally rather than discussing it further, I'd say you're one of those guys who can't admit when they're wrong.

Have fun with your numbers that don't add up bud. 

Just now, MTek9 said:

Have fun with your numbers that don't add up bud. 

I started with math, link to full stat/damage formula and explanation, you ignored it and said "but my app/calc said different". No hard math form you yet. Nor an answer for question "how many levels does level 1 tamed bear has in melee if it shows in game 125.8%?"

So, *sigh* again and have fun basking in your bliss.

1 hour ago, MTek9 said:

Do the math again. Adding the 56 points to all the other stat points using the screen shot I showed you equals the exact level number the bear was born at. If it was any less than 56 points it wouldn't add up.

The points add up no matter what you put because it calculates the speed/wasted points for you (yours looks oddly low, doesn't it?).  Put 43 for melee and the speed points will go up.  DarthaNyan is correct and the link he posted earlier explains it pretty clearly.  The dire bear gets an additive taming bonus of 7% and a multiplicative taming bonus of 17.6%.  You can check these numbers here: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Direbear

I think part of the confusion comes from him calling them "wild levels" which is a little misleading.  By wild levels he means pre tame levels + post tame levels before bonuses are applied.  So maybe when you knocked out your bear it had 30 levels in melee, which would be 250%, pretty easy.  After taming it got 13 more levels to get to 43, which would give it 315%.  You will never see that number though because of the bonuses that get applied to melee.  For a tamed dino it's slightly more complicated, but when breeding you can simply add the additive bonus then multiply by the multiplicative bonus.  So you get (315 + 7) * 1.176 = 378.7

If that's not how it works then what do you think the taming bonus numbers are for?

1 hour ago, Josh5647 said:

The points add up no matter what you put because it calculates the speed/wasted points for you (yours looks oddly low, doesn't it?).  Put 43 for melee and the speed points will go up.  DarthaNyan is correct and the link he posted earlier explains it pretty clearly.  The dire bear gets an additive taming bonus of 7% and a multiplicative taming bonus of 17.6%.  You can check these numbers here: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Direbear

I think part of the confusion comes from him calling them "wild levels" which is a little misleading.  By wild levels he means pre tame levels + post tame levels before bonuses are applied.  So maybe when you knocked out your bear it had 30 levels in melee, which would be 250%, pretty easy.  After taming it got 13 more levels to get to 43, which would give it 315%.  You will never see that number though because of the bonuses that get applied to melee.  For a tamed dino it's slightly more complicated, but when breeding you can simply add the additive bonus then multiply by the multiplicative bonus.  So you get (315 + 7) * 1.176 = 378.7

If that's not how it works then what do you think the taming bonus numbers are for?

I understood what he was saying after he explained it the first time. If hadn't sighed so much and come across as an insulting knowitall prick I'd have thanked him for the information a while back. I just decided to have a bit of fun with him instead though. Easy target. 

Thank you for being civilized.

However though, if you customize the stats and level of a dire bear as admin  and put 56 points into melee you get 378.7

• 3 months later...
On 5/30/2017 at 4:05 PM, DarthaNyan said:

Megatherium's base damage: 32 with left click attack, 49 with right click attack. 1.5x multiplier on insects, additional 2.5x multiplier against everything with buff after killing an insect (for a total of 3.75x on insects). RIght Click's AoE is comparable or better than that of a bear since Sloth is larger.

Where the Megatherium might have the bear beat in HP, the Bear is head and shoulders above the Megatherium in base damage and has better Stam. Base damage for a Bear with left Trigger - Alternate stationary attack, it is 65 damage, this is better than ANY land based dino with exception of Titan and Giga.

We have mate boosted twins that are Giga Killers, they kill wild Gigas with ease. XBox Legacy

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2017 at 3:54 PM, Palenor said:

Where the Megatherium might have the bear beat in HP, the Bear is head and shoulders above the Megatherium in base damage and has better Stam. Base damage for a Bear with left Trigger - Alternate stationary attack, it is 65 damage, this is better than ANY land based dino with exception of Titan and Giga.

We have mate boosted twins that are Giga Killers, they kill wild Gigas with ease. XBox Legacy

Glad to another player who recognizes. 

Happy to say I'm the ps4 bear king again on the new servers as it stands. Got to work right away lol couldn't liar that crown. 

Working with 3840 hp, 2400 stam, 1300 oxy, 14700 food, 1190 weight and a whopping 408 melee. None of those stats are mutated yet

Yea I completed all alpha bosses with my legacy bears. Once leveled close to max xp, I was at 15k hp and 650 melee using max armor saddles and a tag along bear on follow with a max saddle for the mate boost. No issues. The only negative is I think you need rexs to get dragon and manticore stuck. I have never tried slamming ten or more bears into a boss to see if it traps them. 

On 5/31/2017 at 6:27 AM, DarthaNyan said:

I've found the caveat for their damage buff: while it gives 2.5x boost, you take 2.5x damage as well. They cant gather fishmeat, at all. And their speed while not exactly terrible, is not spectacular either. And yes, you can ride them.

The opposite. You take 60% reduced damage with the buff. Effectively making you 250% harder to kill.

42 minutes ago, Wallbuilder said:

The opposite. You take 60% reduced damage with the buff. Effectively making you 250% harder to kill.

Before correcting you should probably look at the date of the post you quote.

In the span of time since Sloths' introduction they have been changed from double edged sword to ultimate anti-broodmother beings.

I personally love Bears too! My legacy ones were mutated light blue, but the stats were fairly average/high. 

On this new server we tamed a couple of 145s and bred them, nothing amazing has come of these and believe the stats are currently

HP 3200

STAM 2100

MELEE 312

We tamed a new one last weekend with the HP closer to 3600 so that will be nice to breed in. The 2100 stam works fine as it is rare for me ever to run out of stamina, even with right click attacks.

To be fair, as I generally go to any dangerous place with a tribe mate – we usually rock the same dino’s so my bear is always mate boosted and imprinted fairly high and there is not much I’ve come across where I feel threatened – haven’t attempted an Alpha Rex solo on a bear yet – would probably go for one if I had a gen 2 or 3 bear with high imprinting. Time will tell!

Most of the time, I get my bears to about 5.5k hp, 2200 Stam and rocking with about 550 melee. With these stats I have rarely struggled with anything but taking on a group of 3-4 yeti’s in the snowcave can get a bit lary as there knockback limits my DPS output.

6 hours ago, Anarki said:

I personally love Bears too! My legacy ones were mutated light blue, but the stats were fairly average/high. 

On this new server we tamed a couple of 145s and bred them, nothing amazing has come of these and believe the stats are currently

HP 3200

STAM 2100

MELEE 312

We tamed a new one last weekend with the HP closer to 3600 so that will be nice to breed in. The 2100 stam works fine as it is rare for me ever to run out of stamina, even with right click attacks.

To be fair, as I generally go to any dangerous place with a tribe mate – we usually rock the same dino’s so my bear is always mate boosted and imprinted fairly high and there is not much I’ve come across where I feel threatened – haven’t attempted an Alpha Rex solo on a bear yet – would probably go for one if I had a gen 2 or 3 bear with high imprinting. Time will tell!

Most of the time, I get my bears to about 5.5k hp, 2200 Stam and rocking with about 550 melee. With these stats I have rarely struggled with anything but taking on a group of 3-4 yeti’s in the snowcave can get a bit lary as there knockback limits my DPS output.

If you're going to breed anything, tame tame tame until you find stats with 45 points or higher, and then breed them into one animal.

Also, regarding the knock back when using bear, I usually do two paw swipes and then a bite while holding forward to close the gap of the knock back.

On 28/09/2017 at 6:00 AM, DarthaNyan said:

Before correcting you should probably look at the date of the post you quote.

In the span of time since Sloths' introduction they have been changed from double edged sword to ultimate anti-broodmother beings.

I raptoring knew it! Lol those buggers are htk when buffed

Archived