Industrial grinder ... Worth it?

Teddansen

G'day mates!  Just read a post earlier about someone finally making a grinder to help level up. I'm wondering if it's worth the materials it costs to make? As it's quite expensive.

I play solo on official and I could definitely use all those mats in other places but maybe it would help me along.. 

What do you think?

I play solo pvp and did it too. It's a nice thing to have, and the xp boost is great if you fill him with wood frequently enough (12000 xp in the weekdays, 18000 in event weekends ). However, yesterday i did my first swamp cave solo in a high frog with asc saddle and i got out of it with 70000 xp, plus over 2000 chitin and cp, and the drops. It took me an hour and i had more fun than filling the grinder with wood. I mainly shred the things i dont want on the grinder, these lastdays :) 

16 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

G'day mates!  Just read a post earlier about someone finally making a grinder to help level up. I'm wondering if it's worth the materials it costs to make? As it's quite expensive.

I play solo on official and I could definitely use all those mats in other places but maybe it would help me along.. 

What do you think?

I made a few on my official solo pve to try and get help leveling my rexs for bosses.. realized it only affects tames via shared exp so hwd to invite a friend to tribe to sit on rexs..

My advice is do not build it if youre solo. Only useful for exp or if youre on SE and kill Manti a lot. Tbh just run swamp cave if u need exp

24 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

What do you think?

Yes depending on how you use it and if you make multiples it is single handedly the fast way to level up period. 

@Volcano637 @d1nk @Turin @Wodlez @Majix @Nokosa

Thank you for your help folks. I think I might make one... Have had some bad luck lately on the center and only have a dodo left... Don't think I'll be taking her into the swamp cave anytime soon lol 

But once I've got the mats and my base is more fortified i think I'll make one. 

5 minutes ago, Teddansen said:

@Volcano637 @d1nk @Turin @Wodlez @Majix @Nokosa

Thank you for your help folks. I think I might make one... Have had some bad luck lately on the center and only have a dodo left... Don't think I'll be taking her into the swamp cave anytime soon lol 

But once I've got the mats and my base is more fortified i think I'll make one. 

Check the post about dodos I done a while ago! Real inspiration for your dodo in there!! ;)

54 minutes ago, Jamagh said:

This thing has paid for itself several times just from the primitive metal tools and weapons. Need flint, tame a doed or golem out and there you go. Place a couple lystros next to it for the XP bonus and let er rip.

Yeah i was thinking id do that, get a doed and go stone cold crazy haha . Thanks for the tip

Like others have said, it's a hoarders dream. I play (mostly) solo, and have a vault full of garbage that I pull from obelisks. I needed to make 2 vaults for a trade the other day, and got all the mats I needed, and more, from the piles of rubbish I had lying around. 

Plus it looks pretty cool, and makes farming flint (after grinding from stone on a fast doed) soooo much easier

5 hours ago, Teddansen said:

What do you think?

Short term it's obviously expensive. 

Long term, if you like scavenging all sorts of drops, it can be very very very useful. When bored I usually go and pick all beacon drops, from white to red. Most of the time you get crap from them (depending on your level, but eventually that becomes true for everyone), but that's grinders gold. 

I probably got at least 1000 metal ingots in a week from just grinding down metal tools you can find in green, blue, pink, yellow and red drops. If you are like me on PVE and don't really need use for grenades, those also give a bunch of electronics and what not. 

I love it. 

6 hours ago, Teddansen said:

What do you think?

Unless you really need flint and xp I think it would be more useful using the mats it cost to enchance your base. Sure it is amazing if you have excess stone to turn that into flint to make many other items, but if you just want one because it seems handy its most likely better holding off.

our tribe has 16 industrial grinders all in a giant U formation. we fill up 12 vautls near them with wood, and whenever anyone needs any levels. (normally cuz someone gets caged and doesnt wanna wait to die), they recreate a character and we run the grinders 3 times over. With a few Broths u can end up at like level 96 in a couple hours.

Archived