Everything You Want To Know About v258/v755/v508!

Jen

5 minutes ago, Pedlineo said:

What about the baby stasis bug?

What stasis bug

1 hour ago, GP said:

There are optimisations in Patch v258. The only reason optimisations and bug fixes have been put in further out is because there are plenty of optimisations and bug fixes to be done, so it makes sense to put it in there. The optimisations and bug fixes will be done in multiple patches over time, not just one patch, so they have the choice of either not listing it there, which you'd complain about, or listing it in further out for your awareness, which some will complain about anyway.

So why don't they just list the specific optimizations they've included in the patch and then put the other specific optimizations yet to be done in the "Further Out" section of the notes? Would have saved alot of confusion, people like specific info, I wonder if they'll use the same strategy and sneak some secret nerfs in too.

But all in all nice work devs looking forward to smashing this patch!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Zederia said:

just like they said the fixes would be in THIS patch? or how many other things they pushed back/added at the last second? I don't buy it for an instant.

Most of the patch stuff was in this patch just one optimisation and fixes were not, no big deal not the end of the world. There's a big difference between saying bug fixes will be in this patch and then delaying it because the focus was on getting the final major content out than saying there will be no more creatures before 1.0 release and then releasing creatures before 1.0.

There are no more dossiers, there are no more creatures.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Zederia said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=771713255

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Phoenix

there ARE finished files for the creature, just no dossier

I know this, I know what is in the Dev Kit. Doesn't change the fact they have stated there are no more creatures before 1.0 release. If there was there would be a dossier for the creature. But I understand your pessimism.

41 minutes ago, Pedlineo said:

What about the baby stasis bug?

10 hours ago, Pedlineo said:

Will the baby water bug be fixed?

Really, you make an account just to come moan they should fix the workaround to a serious, gamebreaking bug, but the bug itself is just fine?
Babies need to be fixed - both the not eating one, and the stasis eating when afloat one. But together, or not at all. Forcing people to spend that kind of time just to have babies die in minutes, sometimes even seconds, just nope. As long as that reality still exists, people having access to a bandaid is not a bad thing. I run my own server, and I run it at default rates. I don't want things made easy for me, but at this point floating babies is a necessery evil, plain and simple. It's humanly impossible to babysit a baby for the entire duration of its growth to forcefeed it as soon as it stops eating. And it's gamebreaking to have to invest hours upon hours just to have baby drop dead while you were distracted yawning for a moment from getting up to feed it at 2am.

12 hours ago, DromaeoSapiens said:

Rabies? Rabies is exclusive to mammals, reptiles or birds can neither contract nor spread rabies. I think Salmonella would be a much more fitting name for it, or something unique like with 'swamp fever'.

The Megalania is basically a pre-historic Komodo Dragon. The Komodo Dragon has been proven to kill via a venom filled bite that causes shock and exsanguination, rather than just a bite from an anthrax filled mouth like previously thought. The Megalania also likely had similar venom glands, which would've made it the largest venomous animal to ever exist.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2009/05/18/venomous-komodo-dragons-kill-prey-with-wound-and-poison-tactics/

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-06/animal-fun-facts-does-komodo-dragon-really-kill-bacteria-filled-bite

Can not thank you all enough for the hard work. Me and my group absolutely love the game and are very excited about the future of ark! Can't wait to hear about more updates and future dlc and see how this game progresses even further. Updates like this show you have a love for the development of the game and its hard to not be a big fan of not only the game but the company!

13 hours ago, Velarius said:

Rofl this is going to be sooo abused. A group of players on these things, fear roar a giga into a corner for easy taming just to name one example. I already can see the how this is broken, now to wait for the forum rage when people use this to troll.

"Upon hearing it, most creatures in the area will flee for safety."

That's a quote from the dino dossier, maybe try it out before already complaining about it

EDIT:

To devs, do those fixes on the island fix baby spawns falling trough the ground or no eating even though they have food in their inventory? Just fix the babies pls

Archived