Patch 258: Hyaenodon, Megatherium, Megalania, Hesperornis, Yutyrannus, and More!

Jatheish

On 5/29/2017 at 5:01 PM, Lewiatan said:

I left official servers in November already, because I was fed up with repetitive gameplay that ARK offers and It still does. I had been waiting to have a reason to start playing on the official servers again since then. Wildcard gave me no reason to do so gameplay wise, so I was waiting for optimisations and bug fixes that did not come in the end, because toilets are more important apparently. Now the real game development begins for Wildcard, let's see if they can make this game something more than grind fest. 

I think it's supposed to be a grind that's the idea of survival games I think bosses and tek tier and the tek cave are the endgame goal. The game is in development and it's early access we are all playing on I'm pretty sure there not gonna fix the game then add stuff then fix the game for a month to make it perfect every time they release new content it would take 20 years to release the game it would be an antique by the time they finished. I'm not sure how many times I have read THE GAMES IS IN EARLY ACCESS WE WILL WORK ON THE OPTIMIZATION AND BUG FIXES WHEN THE MAJOR CONTENT HAS ALL BEEN RELEASED. So all the major content has been released they stated after this patch. I think toilets are more important to get in because you could add the toilet after fixing all the bugs then have to fix them again. It's like building a house you don't start painting and putting the trim on until the house has been framed insulated wired plumbed and sheet rocked. I for one think they have done a fine job keeping the game working while in early access. There are plenty of huge studios who full release games and have way more problems with bugs glitches and lag than WC.

We get a toilet... meanwhile bugs are rarely addressed. And fliers are still unbalanced as hell. Not to mention you've built the console version so it can barely even handle the game. It sucks, but tune down the graphics or grounder clutter. Anything to alleviate the constant blue screens. Consoles aren't like pc, they all have the same system specs. The game should use those and not exceed them. 

Hope before the full release flyers get revisited because the flyer nerf was a lazy fix to balance them. People were just pumping speed so addressing that was fine. But tailoring your flyer to your needs is almost non existent now. It all goes to Stam for the first 40 levels. I would like to make a tape for weight, or for hp/melee just for fun. Not to mention having a base speed for all flyers is really lame on PVE, they can't even cross with pvp servers so they shouldn't be treated the same as them. Fix them independently of one another and don't treat them the same, because they're not. SotF has its own rules and so should pve and pvp. Not to mention all these other major bugs that they should address at least ONE for each update

- dinosaurs/eggs/bodies falling into the floor

- constant bluescreening on console

- rollbacks every weekend

- unbalanced flyer system 

- items falling through the ground when you drop something from inventory

- and with the water glitch getting fixed some dinos need their consumption reworked. People use it in the first place so they can go to work and not worry about babies starving to death. Or get 6 hrs of sleep before they have to feed them again.

- a fix for platforms BESIDES taking them out of the game. If pvp is the issue, give them a more useful saddle for their needs and leave the platform on pve. It's great for contracting in the air or grabbing eggs that glitch either way up because the dino shot a turd rocket right after laying or to grab from the floor below. 

- the volcano...that crashes the game when you go to it on console.

- tribe leaders quiting the game and not promoting an heir leaving everyone on limbo under punishment of starting over all building in a new tribe. There should be a way for an admin to inherit tribal authority.

- imprinting should be less often so the working class can attempt 100% imprint and not just high schoolers on summer break. Rather have longer intervals with greater cost.

Just to name a few...I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. It's a great game and still would be with out new content, but some of the bugs listed are major bugs and need addressed before the release and it would be nice to know they are working on solutions instead of making toilets...

8 minutes ago, Sycojo said:

We get a toilet... meanwhile bugs are rarely addressed. And fliers are still unbalanced as hell. Not to mention you've built the console version so it can barely even handle the game. It sucks, but tune down the graphics or grounder clutter. Anything to alleviate the constant blue screens. Consoles aren't like pc, they all have the same system specs. The game should use those and not exceed them. 

Hope before the full release flyers get revisited because the flyer nerf was a lazy fix to balance them. People were just pumping speed so addressing that was fine. But tailoring your flyer to your needs is almost non existent now. It all goes to Stam for the first 40 levels. I would like to make a tape for weight, or for hp/melee just for fun. Not to mention having a base speed for all flyers is really lame on PVE, they can't even cross with pvp servers so they shouldn't be treated the same as them. Fix them independently of one another and don't treat them the same, because they're not. SotF has its own rules and so should pve and pvp. Not to mention all these other major bugs that they should address at least ONE for each update

- dinosaurs/eggs/bodies falling into the floor

- constant bluescreening on console

- rollbacks every weekend

- unbalanced flyer system 

- items falling through the ground when you drop something from inventory

- and with the water glitch getting fixed some dinos need their consumption reworked. People use it in the first place so they can go to work and not worry about babies starving to death. Or get 6 hrs of sleep before they have to feed them again.

- a fix for platforms BESIDES taking them out of the game. If pvp is the issue, give them a more useful saddle for their needs and leave the platform on pve. It's great for contracting in the air or grabbing eggs that glitch either way up because the dino shot a turd rocket right after laying or to grab from the floor below. 

- the volcano...that crashes the game when you go to it on console.

- tribe leaders quiting the game and not promoting an heir leaving everyone on limbo under punishment of starting over all building in a new tribe. There should be a way for an admin to inherit tribal authority.

- imprinting should be less often so the working class can attempt 100% imprint and not just high schoolers on summer break. Rather have longer intervals with greater cost.

Just to name a few...I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. It's a great game and still would be with out new content, but some of the bugs listed are major bugs and need addressed before the release and it would be nice to know they are working on solutions instead of making toilets...

Read the comment above yours.

On 5/29/2017 at 8:38 PM, xmrmeow said:

Lots of really cool stuff here, great work guys! I love how there's a new underwater weapon besides the crossbow. Now we just need some aoe stuff and maybe some utility weapons. A few things I'd like are:

• Torpedo launcher: like rpg but underwater, homing variety too?
  • Depth charge: underwater grenade (maybe make it stun whales too to let people who still have wooden rafts get away?)

Just could really use some AOE underwater weaponry to get rid of clusters of piranhas and torpedos I'd imagine would be useful for cracking open underwater TEK bases.

Underwater AoE Grenades would be useful for killing Eels that have stuck themselves inside your tame's hitbox.

18 hours ago, Mwal said:

Read the comment above yours.

I did before I even commented. Thanks though. There are issues I stated that can be fixed through simple rebalancing. The settings change every weekend for the event. Fixing some things in much the same way requires little to no effort on their part and wouldn't need touched again when another update comes out. There's so many issues simply saying all of them would need fixed and refixed is a false assumption for all issues. Like the flyer balance issues was done when they still had updates to do. They can just as easily revisit them just like they did before while updates still were comming out, so gtfo of here with that BS rhetoric. Flyers are more broken then before they tried to fix them. They can spend all of 1hr to rework their stamina at the verry least then address the other issues with flyers later. Like I said ONE fix per update would be nice. 

23 minutes ago, Sycojo said:

I did before I even commented. Thanks though. There are issues I stated that can be fixed through simple rebalancing. The settings change every weekend for the event. Fixing some things in much the same way requires little to no effort on their part and wouldn't need touched again when another update comes out. There's so many issues simply saying all of them would need fixed and refixed is a false assumption for all issues. Like the flyer balance issues was done when they still had updates to do. They can just as easily revisit them just like they did before while updates still were comming out, so gtfo of here with that BS rhetoric. Flyers are more broken then before they tried to fix them. They can spend all of 1hr to rework their stamina at the verry least then address the other issues with flyers later. Like I said ONE fix per update would be nice. 

They said they would fix it when content is done being added but obviously that's not good enough for some people. Don't tell me little things have no effect on the game and can be fixed in an hour it's not even close to that easy. Gta fixed the shower so your hand would touch the knob when turned off and a few other small fixes and the game was unplayable for 2 days.

Is the 200 dino tame cap tribe specific? If a tribe reaches the cap, and the tribe breaks up and creates new tribes, does that cap still apply to the new tribe? Also, do rafts count towards the tame count? And, does unclaiming lower the tame count, because I've seen it stay the same. I'm trying to see if this newest patch helps or hinders that. 

On 6/2/2017 at 5:54 AM, Mwal said:

They said they would fix it when content is done being added but obviously that's not good enough for some people. Don't tell me little things have no effect on the game and can be fixed in an hour it's not even close to that easy. Gta fixed the shower so your hand would touch the knob when turned off and a few other small fixes and the game was unplayable for 2 days.

Then why the hell would they have time for the flyer nerf. Now flyers are broken worse than before. Not to mention ANY 125+ flyer is better than every single 150 kibble tame. They also say they can't fix pvp and pve balances independently but they were able to make pve flyers not be able to pick up wild dinos. It has nothing to do with what they can't do and everything to do with they don't want to bother. A lot of issues are in fact easy fixes. You're aloud to think they're infallible, I'm aloud to think they need to do better. If people on pvp didn't cry flyers wouldn't have gotten broken in the first place. There no customization for flyers now, that's not a fix or even a nerf. That's a lazy way to put on a bandaid, they fixed nothing. Just created other issues and balance problems. We all love the game, but that doesn't mean we can't point out issues we notice or want the developers to stop taking short cuts like with the flyer nerf. Thanks for your opinion though. There are some issues that are as easy as changing the rate of a few things. They do it every single weekend as it is. 

9 hours ago, AlbinoArchaeopteryx2008 said:

WHEN IS IT COMING TO XBOX!?!?

I'M REALLY LOOKING FOWARD TO THIS!

June 8th the main forum page has the estimated time of arrival for pc Xbox and PS4 and they just updated to say the 8th yesterday. Also the twitter has a separate pages for each system and usually someone asks there right after it comes out for pc and most of the time someone responds from WC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...