Beacon locations

BobRoss

Hey everyone, 

i recently wanted to expand my base and create a nice and clean wall around it but i ran into a zone where u couldnt build. it screwed me over immensely and i had to go back to the drawing board and redesign my whole base because of it. same for the wall, i had to make it atleast 30 walls bigger, thats alot of extra walls to make. I think this is caused by a beacon that lands around my base. I remember seeing somewhere that beacon locations are now build-free zones. is this still true? If so it would be nice if they would somehow indicate where beacons drop since it are fixed spots... I never saw one landing when i started building so it was a big bummer when i found out i couldnt finish my building and had to demolish half of it.

any of you experienced the same thing?

6 hours ago, crimz said:

I believe beacons were made no build area to stop griefing the area is not that large and seems fit for purpose

I can confirm that it is true (currently building a new base). 

As from crimz...sorry mate but the area is ridiculously huge. I've measured and I cannot build roughly 15 walls away from a beacon. That is huge as area protected. 

Archived